[Model Request] Wolf time

mordocai

Reaction score
hey TH community. Right now i have a request for a model thats basicly a wolf made of lightning. The idea is from naruto however its not that type of map:thup: its basicly for akuma my hunter hero, and what he needs right now is a cool summon so i though lightning wolf is cool enough. Anyways all i need is a wolf that looks like lightning, can be a re-skin or custom model, w/e as long as it looks like its made of lightning it will do.
Credits+Rep will be given

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Post a picture or something so we have an idea of what to do.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Here is one I quickly whipped up. It sort of looks like a water wolf with lightning eyes... but I think it will get the point across.

Picture!
lightningwolf.jpg

Attachments

• LightningWolf.mdx
    165.2 KB · Views: 107

Varine

Reaction score
I think it looks more like ice....

The thing about this is you can't really just make a skin for it if you wanted it to be good. I'll see if I can throw something together sometime, but no promises. What I think might be better would be a ghost wolf with lightening orbs or something around it. Hiveworkshop might be a better place for this, they are more into resources, whereas here is mostly technical help.

Varine

Reaction score
Well he also did something to the eyes, but those kinds of things don't take too long to make unless you're confining to a dynamic mesh. Which made no sense but oh well.

Not to say it's not good, by the way, I just don't think you made the mesh itself. Gmax?

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
They are all in-game textures (thats why I couldnt find an "electric" looking one).
I used a particle emitter to make the electric eyes and I used the wc3 wolf model.
And yea, it does look like ice and I did only take me a few minutes, that why it looks pretty crappy. haha

EDIT: Ohh and i did it all with magos' wc3 model editor, no other programs

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Please excuse double post.

Since you didnt like my first one, i decided to expand on the first. I made this on transparent and there are electricity flares (particles) that flash around him all the time, I think the effect looks pretty damn cool... but you should check it out for yourself.

lightningwolf-1.jpg

PS - the model does not have team color... it looks pretty bad if you have it with transparency...

Attachments

• LightningWolf.mdx
    165.5 KB · Views: 109

Varine

Reaction score
That's what I was going to do, but using different textures. You beat me to it though.

Windex: That's what I saying, only he changed the default texture. What did you think I was doing?

Varine

Reaction score
No, might have come off that way I guess, I don't know. I meant I don't believe he made the mesh, possibly the texture though. But now we know he just reapplied the texture!

mordocai

Reaction score
thanks fabioz, its good i gave +rep, however if you could, instead of the sparkles could you use the lightning texture in wc3? like when a unit gets purged or no? other then that its good :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.