Model.

morcius

Reaction score
Why when i import model i can see it in WEU but i cant see the model in game its only black round shade walking ....

Anachron

Reaction score
In the Import Editor there are the paths of the models. Are you sure you have ALL models for the model? Many models have small models aswell as attachment which make them look like they do. They just attach something ;)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
if u got the model, u dont need to change the path for it, but if u got the model WITH a TEXTURE, import both model and texture in WE and remove the string war3mapimported\ in the texture's path, then save it and try it in game

morcius

Reaction score
Yes i think those files was bad i used other skin loks almost same :) and works fine.

NhazUl

Reaction score
Well I got a similar problem. With the War3Model Editor I customized the HighElfArcher model, removing its Team Color, Bone and Arrow geosets. Then I removed the head and the cape via centering the vertices together. I imported the following geosets: head of the Human Mage model, and rifle of the Rifleman model. I customized the skins of HighElfArcher and Rifleman, and imported them as used textures within the model. I created materials for each geoset, and applied them. It worked perfectly in the Model Editor and the Warcraft III Viewer. Then, I opened the World Editor and imported the model and the custom skins (lets call them HighElfArcher2 and Rifleman2) ONLY. I did not import the ladder HumanMage skin which I needeed for the head of the model. I removed the prefix "War3mapImported/" from the imported model and textures. Then in the Object Editor I made a custom unit and tried to select its Model File to be the imported one. The the Editor gave me a critical error. Where is the mistake?

NhazUl

Reaction score
Hm... It really says that it saves in MDX format too... and all models I have made with it are in MDX format and DO work with the World Editor. Only one more model, which is based on the HighElfArcher model too, crashes the WE.

EDIT: Well, I imported one Proudmoore-based model, and the WE crashed again. Well 1 week ago I had no such problems with importing models...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.