Modifying Ninja Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pender

Reaction score
So there's this old map from pre-expansion days called Ninja Infiltration. The units have custom abilities. I tried to edit the script to prevent players from spawning next to one another, but when I save it and play, the ninjas have no special abilities at all.

What's going on? Is the map somehow locked? Is there a way around this issue?

Much obliged for any help. I tried to attach the map in question, but it's over 500kb. You can find it here, though: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/39951/

Pender

Reaction score
so you stole a map`?!!?! thats bad

What do you mean? I'm trying to fix a flaw in the map. I won't pretend that I created the map or even change the credits except to note my modification. I've even PM'ed the original creator (SnowCrow, a member of this board) to see if he has any suggestions. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
So there's this old map from pre-expansion days called Ninja Infiltration. The units have custom abilities. I tried to edit the script to prevent players from spawning next to one another, but when I save it and play, the ninjas have no special abilities at all.

What's going on? Is the map somehow locked? Is there a way around this issue?

Much obliged for any help. I tried to attach the map in question, but it's over 500kb. You can find it here, though: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/39951/
Its probably protected, and un-protecting isnt allowed here; Looks like your only choice is if the maker gives you un-protected version, or if you remake it.

Pender

Reaction score
I thought protection usually meant that the scripts don't show up, or that the map editor can't open the map at all. Here, it's just the unit custom abilities that don't appear. Is that really a protection issue?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I thought protection usually meant that the scripts don't show up, or that the map editor can't open the map at all. Here, it's just the unit custom abilities that don't appear. Is that really a protection issue?
Yes, it can be set up to do what your saying its doing. Vexorians map optimized can anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.