Moon Glaive ability

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
I posted this question on a thread about the same topic, and was told to start a new thread. So here it is.

I have a hero that would like the "bouncing" attack of huntresses. But I can't seem to get her attack to actually bounce. At first I used this simple trigger:

Trigger:
  • Moon Glaive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Moon Glaive
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade Moon Glaive to (Level of Moon Glaive for (Learning Hero)) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))

And I gave them a custom hero ability made from the original moon glaive ability (Copied and edited). Then I tested. Didn't work.

So then I upped the increments in the upgrade to 2 and 2. Thinking maybe it needed to be higher. Didn't work.

Then I set the ability to ignore tech dependencies. Didn't work.

What am I doing wrong??? :banghead:

Raizn

Reaction score
The moonglaive Ability itself isnt the only thing you have to edit.

just give your hero the moon glaive and delete its techtree requirement. than change the heros attack type from normal to missle (bounce).

to change the number of bounces modify the heros "maximum number of targets". and think about modifiying the heros range

bye raizn

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
The moonglaive Ability itself isnt the only thing you have to edit.

just give your hero the moon glaive and delete its techtree requirement. than change the heros attack type from normal to missle (bounce).

to change the number of bounces modify the heros "maximum number of targets". and think about modifiying the heros range

bye raizn

His attack type is hero, and for balance purposes can't be missile (armor resistances). Is it required that I change the attack type? I've already deleted the tech tree requirement, to no avail. I, also, do not believe I can change his attack type, and max number of targets via triggers very easily.

I want to know what I have to do in order to have the hero receive a bouncing glaive attack as an learn-able ability, without changing his attack type. :)

Raizn

Reaction score
ok its weapon type instead of attack type..sorry^^

but you have to give your hero an AoE attack to let him glaive. but i dont know how to give it to him by learning a skill.

Karst

Reaction score
I want to know what I have to do in order to have the hero receive a bouncing glaive attack as an learn-able ability, without changing his attack type. :)

As far as I know that's just not possible. Unless you want to code the entire thing in JASS, if you want bouncing attacks you need attack type Missile - Bounce.
Of course it can still be damage type Hero.

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
As far as I know that's just not possible. Unless you want to code the entire thing in JASS, if you want bouncing attacks you need attack type Missile - Bounce.
Of course it can still be damage type Hero.

Interesting idea. I immediately thought "piercing damage oh noes" but you're right, attack type doesnt matter so much. Ill try it.

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
I decided to revive this as the suggestions failed to work.

I, again, have just this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Moon Glaive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Moon Glaive
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade Moon Glaive to (Level of Moon Glaive for (Learning Hero)) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))

I then have copied the moon glaive ability, made it a hero ability and gave it 3 levels. I have made the hero have a "missle (bounce)" attack type, and I have made his maximum targets "4." I also tried with, and without the hero having an AoE attack.

I have modified the upgrade to ignore techtree requirements (I dont think I have to, since Im granting it via trigger) and I have set its "attack target count bonus base," and "increment" to 2.

At no point during the whole process has the hero had the bouncing attack after learning the ability.

:banghead: More frustrating then triggering a whole ability myself :banghead:

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I only skimmed - but did not see you or anyone mention it...

Did you even give the unit the *upgrade*? You gave it the ability, but you have to add the upgrade until "upgrades used" for the unit.

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
I only skimmed - but did not see you or anyone mention it...

Did you even give the unit the *upgrade*? You gave it the ability, but you have to add the upgrade until "upgrades used" for the unit.

No I hadnt. Hmm. Ill test that and then edit this post with my results.

Results: After some minor tweaking of the numbers, your advice fixed the problem. Thanks a ton :D +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.