UK News Motorcyclist billed for damaging road after accident with sheep

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Moray Ferguson was sent a bill for £200 by Aberdeenshire council after his bike hit a sheep which had wandered into his path on the unclassified Cuminestown to Fyvie Road.

The 47-year-old was flung from his black Honda Fireblade motorbike which burst into flames, and suffered a broken hip socket, pelvis and collarbone, seven cracked ribs and a collapsed lung in the accident.

The fire caused the road surface to melt, leaving it with a ''bubbly'' texture covering approximately six feet by six feet where the accident happened, a neighbouring farmer said.

The sheep was also killed in the accident, which happened on July 4 this year.

After five weeks of hospital treatment, the father-of-two returned home, but was shocked when Aberdeenshire council sent him their invoice to cover the cost of repairing the road surface.

Last edited:

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Fuck no. The farmer was the cause of the accident, not the motorcyclist.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That is probably why they fined the motorcycle guy so he could sue the farmer.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Ugh I'd be so frustrated going through all that and then end up having to pay for more things.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If they told me I had to pay for the road after I crashed, I'd be going to court. I'm not going to get in a wreck, get hurt and/or get a ton of road rash, and then have to pay a ton to fix my bike AND on top of that pay to fix the road? Hell no...

The road gave me road rash, it should be paying me. :nuts:

Dark_Phoenix

Reaction score
Moray Ferguson was sent a bill for £200 by Aberdeenshire council after his bike hit a sheep which had wandered into his path on the unclassified Cuminestown to Fyvie Road.

The 47-year-old was flung from his black Honda Fireblade motorbike which burst into flames, and suffered a broken hip socket, pelvis and collarbone, seven cracked ribs and a collapsed lung in the accident.

The fire caused the road surface to melt, leaving it with a ''bubbly'' texture covering approximately six feet by six feet where the accident happened, a neighbouring farmer said.

The sheep was also killed in the accident, which happened on July 4 this year.

After five weeks of hospital treatment, the father-of-two returned home, but was shocked when Aberdeenshire council sent him their invoice to cover the cost of repairing the road surface.

Read the news here.

Remember kids, motorcycles are bad

TWO WHEELS BAAAAAAD, FOUR WHEELS GOOOOOOOD

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
The owner of the sheep should be responsible for the accident. That is, if anyone owns the sheep. If not, they could sue its parents, but the sheep would be grieving for their lost child and then on top of it have to pay for fixing. Then we might cause an up rise with the sheep, and that would be bad, so maybe they shouldn't sue the sheep.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Dag nabit, when shall you people learn to keep your cattle where they should be:(
This is just as good of a solution as to say, the sheep caused the accident, fine the sheep. Or even better, kill all sheep, they just cause accidents anyway:eek:

That happens a little now and then around where I live. And the Swedish court always get the owner of the critter to pay for. That is beacuse it is their duty to make sure that the fences are working properly.

It would be another thing if they had evidence to prove that the biker did it intentionally or that he was speeding, then it would be okay to fine the biker.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.