MUI Timer system?

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
The problem was kind of hard to write out, so I'll just write out my problem instead:

I want different units to be removed from the game after a specific time, and the time for each unit is unique. It needs to be able to be stopped to, and time also needs to be able to be added to the system.

I don't need a complete trigger, just the general solutions should be enough.
I don't like playing around with the Wait command btw, I'd prefer to use Timers.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Well if you aren't using custom value for unit, set a units custom value to the time in seconds after you want it removed. Add it to a unit group and make a periodic timed trigger that runs every second, and reduces the units in the unit groups custom value by 1. If it equals 0, remove/kill the unit.

You could set a unit's point value (in object editor) if every unit of the same type has the same timer value, and set its custom value to its point value when starting it, saves alot of if/then/elses.

Edit: You could also just add an expiration timer to the units, using its point-value as the time before it is removed.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
That's an easy way to make it work. Thanks.
I couldn't use expiration timers, because I'm dealing with temporary heroes that need to be removed from the game for good, not killed.

asipo

Reaction score
Then make the hero to hide, not killed.

Btw, summon unit also has timer on it. Did you check it?
( last time i play around with timer unit, i can create a unit with specific summoned time, but cant add more time to the unit )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.