Multiple small things.

hopy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just placing the finishing touches to my map before I upload it here and ask what everyones thinks of it. But today I came past a few small things that I wanted to ask.

1. :Murloc army!: Works now, thanks.
I've an item in my map that, when used, summons about 10 small Murloc fighters to you for 30 seconds. This is a normal item with the class Purchasable. The ability it uses is an item ability based on Feral Wolfs with a 30 second duration.
What happens: The summon animation (basic Feral Wolf red storm cloud thingy) plays 10 times and but no Murloc, and no item. :p
Is there any reason for this to be happening? From what I know every thing should be working just fine, is there any bug with Feral Wolfs and items that I don't know of? Any fields that can cause this?

2. : Rocket Barrage: Still doesn't deal any damage at all.
I have a spell which has a Dummy casting a custom version of Cluster Rockets (Tinker hero spell). Every thing works as it should work, but it deals no damage at all, but it does stun. I filled in the damage fields correctly (Damage Amount: 22, Maximum Damage: 220, Area of Effect: 180), but it doesn't deal damage at all. Anyone know why that could be? Is it because the dummy has Locust or something? :O

3. : Hero burrow spell: I'll find something else for this.
I have a hero that I want to give the ability to burrow, and while burrowed he should be able to cast 3/5 of his spells if learned, and when one of those spells is used the hero should Unburrow. When I tried to give the hero burrow and the Alternative hero (the burrowed one) had the abilities. I haven't editted my triggers yet for the unburrow so I'm not sure if that part works, but when I manually unburrow my hero he lost the ability to learn / spend ability points (skill points).
Now, does anyone know if there's a way of getting a hero to burrow, be able to use abilities when burrowed and unborrow without bugging to death? :p

4. : More symbols in quests: Isn't posible.
This one isn't realy that important, but still I'd be usefull if it was posible, is it posible to add more letters/symbols to a quest? Cause when I add more to some of my quest thingies they wont show up. :p

Thanks for any help in advance and +rep for any usefull awnsers.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just placing the finishing touches to my map before I upload it here and ask what everyones thinks of it. But today I came past a few small things that I wanted to ask.

1. :Murloc army!:
I've an item in my map that, when used, summons about 10 small Murloc fighters to you for 30 seconds. This is a normal item with the class Purchasable. The ability it uses is an item ability based on Feral Wolfs with a 30 second duration.
What happens: The summon animation (basic Feral Wolf red storm cloud thingy) plays 10 times and but no Murloc, and no item. :p
Is there any reason for this to be happening? From what I know every thing should be working just fine, is there any bug with Feral Wolfs and items that I don't know of? Any fields that can cause this?

2. : Rocket Barrage:
I have a spell which has a Dummy casting a custom version of Cluster Rockets (Tinker hero spell). Every thing works as it should work, but it deals no damage at all, but it does stun. I filled in the damage fields correctly (Damage Amount: 22, Maximum Damage: 220, Area of Effect: 180), but it doesn't deal damage at all. Anyone know why that could be? Is it because the dummy has Locust or something? :O

3. : Hero burrow spell:
I have a hero that I want to give the ability to burrow, and while burrowed he should be able to cast 3/5 of his spells if learned, and when one of those spells is used the hero should Unburrow. When I tried to give the hero burrow and the Alternative hero (the burrowed one) had the abilities. I haven't editted my triggers yet for the unburrow so I'm not sure if that part works, but when I manually unburrow my hero he lost the ability to learn / spend ability points (skill points).
Now, does anyone know if there's a way of getting a hero to burrow, be able to use abilities when burrowed and unborrow without bugging to death? :p

4. : More symbols in quests:
This one isn't realy that important, but still I'd be usefull if it was posible, is it posible to add more letters/symbols to a quest? Cause when I add more to some of my quest thingies they wont show up. :p

Thanks for any help in advance and +rep for any usefull awnsers.

For the Murloc Army couldn't you use stone token or those summon things and change the unit to murloc

Rocket Barrage - couldn't you make the dummys have immolation for [dmg] every 3 seconds but remove the dummys after 3 seconds pass so the dmg only happens once

Burrow - Couldn't you do triggers like a unit casts a spell spell equal to burrow add [spells to hero] and then a unit casts a spell and then unit - unburrow?

What do you mean by the symbols? like Alt + Code ones? I don't believe so.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Rocket Barrage
did you set "Data - Max Damage" to something low? If yes, try to set it to 9999999.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
For the Murloc army, if you use feral spirit you must make sure that the duration is above 0, and also you should know that with feral spirit, you can only have a maximum of however many summoned units you put in that data field, which means if you cast it while there are still remaining summons, they will die and be replaced by the new ones. If it still won't work, replace it with a skill based off summon water elemental. If the item is disappearing that means it is perishable and it has charges. Check the object editor.

Cluster rockets works by applying the damage every interval. If you look at the main spell, the effect duration is 1.01 seconds. The interval is 0.25, and the damage is 8.75; 1.01*0.25 ~= 4, 4*8.75 = 35, and if you look at the tooltip, it says it deals 35 damage. That is how the maths works, I think effect duration must always be slightly higher than it theoretically should be, to ensure that the damage interval is applied normally. All units in the area are stunned for the duration regardless of interval. Basically, make sure there is a damage interval, and then apply this maths to get the damage you want. Also, what X-Maul said is a very good idea, rather max out Data - Max Damage, then you don't run the risk of hitting the cap.

Burrow does not support abilities. What you can try to do is replace it with a morphing ability like bear form, and adding the "alternate" animation name to the morphed form, and then give the morphed form the "ghost" ability, so that it's invisible. However, even while burrowed, if you order it to cast a spell, it will still play the spell animation, so burrow is never a good idea for anything besides hiding and healing.

To solve your quest problem, every time you want to update, rather remove the old quest and replace the entire quest with your extra characters. I don't know too much about quests, but I would guess that if update doesn't work, go for a full replace.

Hope this helps :D

OFF-TOPIC: @ MiddleHanded: He's just that sick :p it's his post count, if he replies he won't be leet any more :D

hopy

Reaction score
Rocket Barrage
did you set "Data - Max Damage" to something low? If yes, try to set it to 9999999.

Yes, the damage/rocket is set to 22 and total damage is 220, so it should deal 10 rockets worth of damage total.

For the Murloc Army couldn't you use stone token or those summon things and change the unit to murloc
I'll give that a try.

Rocket Barrage - couldn't you make the dummys have immolation for [dmg] every 3 seconds but remove the dummys after 3 seconds pass so the dmg only happens once
No, I'd rather just have the actualy Barrage (Cluster Rockets) deal damage because of the way it deals damage/arrow.

Burrow - Couldn't you do triggers like a unit casts a spell spell equal to burrow add [spells to hero] and then a unit casts a spell and then unit - unburrow?
Well, please read it again, the borrowed unit not casting abilities isn't the main problem at the moment. When the hero UNBURROWS it loses the ability to learn spells and spend/gain spell/ability points.

What do you mean by the symbols? like Alt + Code ones? I don't believe so.
No, I just mean letters, numbers anything. :p Is it posible to increase the maximum amount of symbols, letters, numbers, text in a quest thing.

Sorry if my main post's a bit unclear, I wrote all that when I was about to fall asleep on my keyboard. :p

====EDIT====
For the Murloc army, if you use feral spirit you must make sure that the duration is above 0, and also you should know that with feral spirit, you can only have a maximum of however many summoned units you put in that data field, which means if you cast it while there are still remaining summons, they will die and be replaced by the new ones. If it still won't work, replace it with a skill based off summon water elemental. If the item is disappearing that means it is perishable and it has charges. Check the object editor.
The duration is 20.00, above 0. The item is only used once, so the maximum isn't the problem either I think (unless 10 is too much for one Feral Spirit summon?). I'll try with Water Elemental.

Cluster rockets works by applying the damage every interval. If you look at the main spell, the effect duration is 1.01 seconds. The interval is 0.25, and the damage is 8.75; 1.01*0.25 ~= 4, 4*8.75 = 35, and if you look at the tooltip, it says it deals 35 damage. That is how the maths works, I think effect duration must always be slightly higher than it theoretically should be, to ensure that the damage interval is applied normally. All units in the area are stunned for the duration regardless of interval. Basically, make sure there is a damage interval, and then apply this maths to get the damage you want. Also, what X-Maul said is a very good idea, rather max out Data - Max Damage, then you don't run the risk of hitting the cap.
I think that was the problem than, I had the duration on 0.01 because I thought it was the stun. Thank you very much for the reply, and I'll try this out right now.

Burrow does not support abilities. What you can try to do is replace it with a morphing ability like bear form, and adding the "alternate" animation name to the morphed form, and then give the morphed form the "ghost" ability, so that it's invisible. However, even while burrowed, if you order it to cast a spell, it will still play the spell animation, so burrow is never a good idea for anything besides hiding and healing.
I see, A bit annoying, but I'll find another way of doing this than. Thanks again. :)

To solve your quest problem, every time you want to update, rather remove the old quest and replace the entire quest with your extra characters. I don't know too much about quests, but I would guess that if update doesn't work, go for a full replace.
Well, the thing is I wanted to add a few more things to the credits page, and commands page in the quest, but they didn't show up, or only half of it and I thought it would've been because it was due to the maximum amount of text allowed in a quest page.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I don't think its possible to set an amount for the Quests.
Edit: You could do Quest 1 [Something] blahblahblah
Quest 2 (Something Continued) blahblahblah.

hopy

Reaction score
I don't think its possible to set an amount for the Quests.
Edit: You could do Quest 1 [Something] blahblahblah
Quest 2 (Something Continued) blahblahblah.

I see, just something I was wondering about. Because my map already has like... 6 quest pages. :p

Well... thanks anyways, seems I'll have to find a different thing for that. :)

Only thing left: Cluster Rockets not dealing any damage at all... I've tried to remove locust, different units, the duration is set to normal, nothing worked so far.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Add REAL Cluster Rockets to dummys?
Maybe check object editor again and see the damage values?

Tamisrah

Reaction score
A must read:
Darkwulv and Burning Rose said:
I've found that if you give the Buff field for Cluster Rockets (Which normally has 'Cluster Rockets', not 'Stunned') the 'Stunned' buff, it doesn't work; the stun doesn't go off. If you, instead, give it a buff based off Cluster Rockets, the stun works, but the damage doesn't. However, the Cluster Rockets buff looks just like the stunned buff, so it doesn't matter as long as you leave it that way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.