Other Murder's Hero Concept Thread

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
NO MORE HEROES FOR THE MOMENT THANK YOU

Hello, I'm currently working on hero designs for a future project. I want to custom model the heroes myself as I have a few ideas for (epic) spells and the like that will incorporate animations (much like the blademaster's whirlwind), as well as the fact that they will suit the theme better. Before I get started on the project tho I want to have all the models done for a few reasons -

1. I will be modelling in GMAX and then once all complete I will be animating them all within the milkshape 30 day trial (I want to do it this way because it also works as a good deadline for completion, but if I need a bit more time I will just buy it.)

2. I want to recruit a jasser to help me with the map, but I see no point in recruiting someone just to have them wait and wait for me to finish the models. I'd rather be fully prepared before I drag someone into my world.

MAP INFO:

Genre: I haven't actually decided the map genre as of yet... I'm tossing up between ideas for a team pvp style map or a co-op survival (yeah I know big difference).... but I'd rather wait til I'm ready to recruit a jasser and then see what they prefer. It doesn't really matter at this point because the models can be used in both instances.

Theme: The theme will be revolving around Archangels against Demons, with an anime-styled approach. What I mean by that is that I want the heroes to be of a rather eccentric and epic scale, with their abilities tied tightly to their theme or weapon of choice (or of course both).

What I need from you right now:

Right now I'm scrounging for concept ideas for the heroes and would really like other peoples inputs.... if you've seen a few anime's in your time then you'd surely know what could make a good hero.. or even better perhaps there is a hero concept you always wanted to see. Here's a bit of a template for you to follow if you'd like to help out -

Template:

Allegiance: is this hero on the angel or the demon side?

Theme: what is the hero's main theme? eg. Is he an archangel with lightning-based attacks? or possibly a demon of a wild and beast like nature?

Weapon: What kind of weapon does the hero wield? I'm looking mostly for oldschool melee and ranged weapons (swords and bows... not colt m4a1's and grenade launchers) although being of an anime nature I'm not going to completely overlook something like an Angelic Pulse Rifle :p pictures are welcome for reference, but I don't exactly want anything ripped 100% from a real anime.... I plan to design these myself.

Appearance: Is there any defining features of your hero's appearance? Possibly he might be a demon with a dog's head or a Pharaoh-themed archangel. Again, pictures are welcome

Abilities: Tying in with it's theme and weapon, what kind of ability may this hero have?

.....ofcourse you can give more info on things like it's name and history if you want to or even give proper abilitie examples... this is all a bit of fun.

Here's an example of one I prepared earlier, with a concept sketch I had drawn in GIMP -

Allegiance: Demonic

Theme: This hero is all about raw power - pure physical strength and speed. He is of a wild nature and this is shown through his rash abilities.

Weapon: He wields dual katana's of rather ordinary appearance. This blades have no special power about them whatsoever.

Appearance: The hero has wild black hair and eyes to match his nature. He is of a slim muscular build and wears no top or armour. His left arm is of demonic appearance, giving a glimpse of his true form.

Abilities: This hero is all about speed and power. His abilities revolve around moves like charges, multiple and critical hits and vibration waves shot from the swing of his blade. I have no goddamn idea about his ulti atm lol... this character is open for alot of possibilties.

brute.png

....ofcourse like I said you can go into more detail then that (and I would appreciate it if you did) as it would make it easier for me to see your vision and how it can fit in with my own. Thanks!

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Allegiance: Angel

Theme: Completly dependent on his mind. Put in different mind zones to do different abilities.

Weapon: No weapon

Appearance: Halo above his head, bright wings on back. Model like an alcoloyte except robes brighter.

Abilities like:
- A way to swing the enemy around
- Levitate someone high then drop them for damage
- Fly for himself
- Controls part of the enemy, attack himself or team member
- Flash of white on the screen to disrupt player
- Push someone away, or smash a nearby object into the target
- Block off a strip of the land for a breif period of time, making the targets ontop of it teleport to a random position on the map

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Turok

Allegiance: Nature (?)

Theme: Oversized, powerful monkey that has incredible strength and agilty, intelligent as a human (but not so that his stats are rigged, just as a description :D)

Weapon: Summonable Pole Arm

Appearance: Giant monkey, but not collosal. His abilities allow him to summon a Pole Arm. No unique characteristics besides size and a fierce, determined face ;)
11gst46.jpg

Abilities: Spells that rely on player skill, strength, and agilty
*Examples:
-Summon Pole Arm : summons a magical pole arm imbued with powers of the monkey gods; increases stats (damage, defense, etc) but reduces speed (MS and AS)
-Titan Smash : selects a target point up anywhere in the map and rams yourself up to (1,000) distance away, dealing damage and knocking back enemies hit
-Monkey Joust : combines the techniques of jousting and Turok's pole arm; lunges foward with the pole arm towards a target, dealing damage to the target and stunning it for 2 seconds; the pole arm slices through the target, dealing minor damage to enemies behind up to (300) distance

I could make him like a real hero idea and show all his stats and stuff if you'd like.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

MurderMode

Reaction score
I forgot to mention why I need this thread...

...I'm usually full of great idea's but lately I've been working a 1:30-10:30 pm shift, so by the time I get home it's too late to do much of anything so I've just been watching some animes. Coz I'm so tired by that time of night my mind generally runs blank and all I can think of is characters from the shows I've just watched... so this way it's good to get inspiration from what other people would think is cool and build on it from there.

Magnagaurd: Having no weapon kinda doesn't fit what I'm looking for (I want to create multiple stages of the same weapon for the character as attachments) so I'll have to think of one, but otherwise the hero idea is great. Mind powers is a cool idea and I especially like the description, it popped a concept design in my head right away.

thewrongvine: lol I don't know how much you read the first post but it's angels vs demons... there is no nature force (this isn't a captain planet map :p ). Still, your submission of a monkey with a pole arm gave me a totally cool vision of a monkey magic type hero, and the abilities are cool. He's definitely getting a flying monkey swarm move tho.

Oh, about giving stats and such... that's not necessary. I'm going to totally mix up the standard war3 stats to achieve different different purposes and effects outside the norm.

Thanks for your input guys, +rep

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I had the "(?)" since I wasn't sure if that would work. :D

But OK, that's inspired from Naruto anime, when the 3rd Hokage is fighting Orochimaru in Konoha after the Chuunin Exams and he summons the monkey guy. :) Well he could be ANGELs.

Well, good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Could there be a neutral side to it? I have a sort of idea, but the hero changes its sides based on the situation...

Allegiance: Varies

Theme: A hero that can either be good or bad. Depends on hostile enemies, and allies.

Weapons: Dual Crescent-edged Katars (Example, but with a crescent blade)

Appearance: (Closest I could find to an angel with black and white wings.)

Abilities:
Judment: This is casted on any unit. If it is an ally, (s)he gains 100/200/300 dmg, and is slowed, (15/20/30%), for 30 seconds. If it is an ally, gains 100/200/300 health, and all negative buffs are removed.

Reversal: This is only used during the hero's ultimate. It's a passive ability which allows the hero to change it's 'affinity' if so many units of one side are near. This is cancelled if 2 or more allies/enemies are near the units in question.

Flight of the soul/Soul Corruption: This ability changes when the hero is in a certain form.

-FOTS: This heals all allies in an AoE of 300, and 'cleanses' nearby demons stunning them for 2/3/5 seconds.

-SC: This is only casted on enemy angels. It temporarily makes an angel turn to a demon's side through sheer corruption. Unit is corrupted for 5/7/10 seconds. Also, the caster can use any passive abilities on the converted hero.

Change of heart: When channeled, like immolation, the hero changes it's 'affinity' depending on nearby units. If there are more enemies, it is turned to their side. If there are more allies, it is turned to their side.

Side note: This hero is strictly for neutral players. It changes it's sides constantly, so it is for pro's only.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Well for the hero I was debating to give him a weapon or not, but if you want one, I thought of giving him something like a chain, though it doesnt fit the characters description.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Ocidorum

Theme: This hero is all about picking the best position and from there ripping through all foolish enough to enter that area or unlucky enough to be trapped inside it.

Weapon: Scythe Blades attached to long chains. He has one of thee chains attached to each of his arms.

Appearance: His hair is fairly long and black and his eyes glow bright red. He wears black/grey silk clothes, allowing swift movement. Certain parts however, like his shins, shoulders, and belly, have small pieces of red armor covering it for the necessary small amount of defence. Also he, being a demon, has 2 black wings sticking out of his back. These are usually folded and mostly covered from sight.

Abilities: This guy is focussed all around fast ripping through enemies. Bladed chains are exeptional weapons. He is able to rip to multiple enemies at once, or attack one enemy twice per interval by swinging his bladed chains in a lethal and clever way. His weakness however is that he depends on a stationary position. It is hard for him to properly use his chains while either him or his enemy is moving all the time. One way to solve this is wrapping one of his chains around his enemy, removing half of his attacks but granting him a clear shot and preventing his enemy from fleeing. His ultimate would be him unfolding his wings and going airborn, allowing him to freely swing his chains a 360 degrees around him. This creates a "orb of slashes" around him, which does not only cut all who are in its range but also protects Ocidorum from most harm.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
This looks nice. I might post some ideas.

They might not be so animeish, because I dont really like anime ( actually I hate most of anime series ), but hey, thats just me.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Thanks for giving more ideas guys :thup:

Renendaru: Your idea is a good one, but atm having a hero that switches sides doesn't really fit in with what I want to do. I think it would throw a spanner in the works of a pvp game, and in a co-op survival it doesn't really have a place. Perhaps it could work as an npc that switches to the weakest side, working kind of as a balancing unit... although at this point in time I'm not thinking that hard about the game itself. I like the different coloured wings and weapon of choice tho!

Sjakie: Woot, the first demonic hero. Sounds cool... I love the weapon choice and your description is especially easy to visualise. Not really much else I can say about it other then the idea just plain works.

Viikuna: It doesn't matter whether you like anime or not, as long as your idea is well themed then it's workable.

MagnaGuard: Nah, the more I think about it you actually did the right thing.... having a psychic hero with no weapon makes sense. I'm not sure which way to go right now but he could either be hand-to-hand for his basic attacks or even blast mind weapons in his enemies direction. Having 1 hero without weapons opens some fresh possibilities.

AHHHHH well thanks again for your replies, I'm currently half way through the 'ape king' concept design which I plan to finish tonight.... and then I'll take a look at doing Magna's Psychic Acolyte. I'll post them here when done ;)

captainrads

Reaction score
How about this, I don't know if it has anything to do with anime, but it might work:

Theme: Sphinx-looking thing, adept in desert-based attacks

Weapon: Claws

Appearance: ...It's a sphinx, I don't know what else to say...like the one in Egypt, only more bad-ass looking

Abilities: Desert Sun - The blazing sun burns enemies in an area
Cacti - Cacti spring from the ground, shooting thorns at nearby enemies
Rematerialization - Gives increased hitpoint regeneration by adding nearby sand to itself
Sandstorm - Harsh winds and sand tear at enemies, dealing damage and temporarily blinding and slowing them

Renendaru

Reaction score
Fine.. I'll think of something else.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, i dont know any anime but i have an idea.

Ikarul
Demonic

Theme: The Element of Surprise; Ikarul is all about waiting for the perfect moment to strike

Weapons: Glaives

Appearance: No shirt, slim muscular, a demonic red, crazy black hair hanging over his face, loose cloth tan pants, long claws, barefoot.

Abilities:

Ascend
Ikarul levitates into the air, preventing enemies from seeing him (sort of like burrow) and when he Descends he strikes all at the ground (war stomp-esque)

Daemon Strike
Ikarul moves extremely quickly to a target point, damaging all units he passes (blink+shockwave)

Crushing Dexterity
Passive; Ikarul's MS increases when he is dealing more damage than he receives

ULTIMATE Daemonic Haste
Ikarul moves so quickly that no one can see him until he attacks an enemy; after he attacks an enemy he becomes visible but his speed and attack speed dwindle to his default over time.

Feel free to use these ideas in any way you want! Just give me credit :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I have an idea, not really related to anime though :p

Allegiance: DEMON!
Theme: Reaper, mainly mass killing and gathering souls.
Weapon: Twin Scythes, one in each hand. Also, it would be cool if the blades of the Scythes could glow with an evil aura.
Appearance: Wears a dark cloak that covers his whole body. Wears a white mask covering his face, gloves and boots. No part of his body is revealed.
Abilities:
Shadow Sweep- The hero rushes forward and slashes everything in its way, dealing damage and destroying trees. Cannot rush up cliffs.
Chains of Destruction- The hero uses an energy chain to grip the target's soul. The target unit loses health over time and becomes cripple (slower ms, as, lower attack). If the unit dies, it will heal the hero for x hp.
Reaper- This hero harvests the soul of units it kills. Granting one soul per unit and one hero soul per hero killed. Hero souls grant strength bonus until released.
Entity of Death- The hero remvoes his cloak, gloves, boots and mask, revealing the hidden horror within. The hero becomes a spirit with permanent invisiblity, evasion (high chance), and a crippling aura with small AoE, and the skill "Soul Ring" but the hero cannot attack. Lasts x seconds.
When the hero uses Soul Ring, he releases all the souls he causes a ring of damage to burst from him. Each unit soul increases the damage by x and each hero soul increases damage by y(should be about 5x of unit soul damage).

MurderMode

Reaction score
Man, I'm surprised at how many of you don't watch any anime or read manga! I mean sure it's a mixed bag of shit.... there are alot of lame, repetitive and/or retarded ones out there, but in anime you can find some of the better storylines or cooler characters then you can find anywhere else. I'm not big into anime but there are a few series I have watched just because I can't deny they are just plain awesome. ANYWAYS...

wc3shady: The moves are cool but the description is rather similar to the concept example I've got, and his physical/speed based nature is similar too. Doesn't mean I can't work off it tho... maybe I'll give him some tiny horns, tattoos, wing stubs and a creepy kind of hunched over posture.

Zack1996: REAPER! OFCOURSE. So blatantly obvious but the last thing I would of thought of. Dual scythes is a bit too similar to what I have planned for sjakie's idea tho, so maybe I could do something like a double-ended scythe. Haha, I like the idea of going into 'deathmode'. That's cool.

Anyways heres the ape king concept I botched up kinda quickly -

apeking.png

Couldn't be bothered going into too much detail because the only thing I really wanted to work out was the face.

Um anyhow, to make things a little more anime styled the easiest way is to combine the main theme of the character with some other element, be it an actual element like fire, or something strange like an animal. All you really do is think to yourself 'okay, I got this bad ass idea for a hero... but what would he look/act like if he was crossed with a panther?'.

So yeah, if the following ideas could have their power themed around some specific element that would be cool, as well as if some people could throw in a few ideas for FEMALES! There's hardly any hot chicks in war 3, lets get some girls on the table. I don't care if the description is almost just a link to a real-life model you find hot, gimme some ladies :mad:

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Valkyrie

Allegiance: Angel

Theme: She is beautiful angel (aka hot chick) wearing battle armour. Her agility accentuates her offensive strategies and bright, holy spells makes her a killer.

Weapon: She wields a claymore. The sword has a golden blade with markings on it and gives off a faint, white aura.

Appearance: She has long, flowing black hair. She wears an intricate helmet adorned with small, angelic patterns. Her battle armour is blue and white, simple but powerful. Her eyes are masked by her helmet, thus her face can never be shown.

Abilities: Mostly, fast, single-target abilities that deal light to moderate damage. Designed to prey on single heroes.

Aura Blessing
Can either heal an ally or damage an enemy. The amount depends on the range between the Valkyrie and the target. The closer they are, the greater the amount healed/damaged.

Divine Flash
Releases a white flash around her body, materializing right next to the target unit. Does not damage the target, but damages surrounding enemies.

Intensity
Everytime the Valkyrie kills a unit, she stores souls within another dimension. The number of "souls" are limitless. When her health is below 50%, she receives bonus damage equal to the number of souls she stores. If she dies, she loses half of those souls.

Illumination
Holds onto an enemy unit using holy magic. They are both dealt a percentage of their health as damage per second (with more damage towards the target) for a short period of time. During this time, neither can move.

I hope this was as eccentric and as epic as you want, but play around with the abilities or the actual hero itself.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Oh, its anime, well that changes it. I have another idea if you dont mind! If you dont understand the hero scroll to the bottom where I'll explain more.
Disclaimer - I am not resposibble for taking away 1 week of your life

Allegiance: Demon

Theme: Like Deathnote, he uses his book to kill. I'll explain a bit more if you dont know Deathnote. Slow but strong, abilities require time before put into action.

Weapon:
Quill and burning book

Appearance: Looks like arthas except with more demonic features rather than undead, also fire oriented.

Abilities: All these abilities require a scribble in his book before using, time required varies.

- Quill turns to knife. Knives close around the target, each knife deals seperate damage so if the target stays in the middle till all the knives reach him, the target takes full damage

- Quill turns to a shadowie longblade. Undead mutants spawn who each seperatly drain the targets life, giving it to the hero

- Quill turns to Blob of fire. Tiny fire bugs attach themselves to the enemy, the more the enemy hero moves, the more fall off. Each bug does "dot" like effect.

I can add to this later, but I gotta run right now.

Basically the hero has to write in his journal before he can preform anything. There are several ways you can do this:
- Requires him to remain dormant while he casts
- Has to cast within xxx range of battle to charge ability, can be unleashed whenever
- The longer he remains dormant, the stronger the ability

Well you can probably dumb this hero dont a bit because making this guy alone would take weeks in my opinion. Anyway I just wanted to add Deathnote because its the only fun anime.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Allegiance: Angels

Theme: This hero focusses on either taking down many enemies at once slowly or completely devastating a single enemy with powerful combos. She deals great damage and functions good at a distance. She is frail when enemies manage to get really close to her though.

Weapon: Gladia has a lot of swordsheats strapped to her back horizontally, in which she carries up to about 20 razorsharp, thin blades. Rather then use these blades in combat herself, each of these blades appears to have a glowing white string going from its heft into Gladias back. This appears to grant Gladia controll over these blades, allowing her to freely move the weapons around her without actually having to move her body a twitch. The blades look fairly plain. They are original japanese katanas with silver blades and gold/black hefts.

Appearance: The most notable thing about Gladia is that she has no wings. Exeptional, as she is an angel. Instead she has about 20 blades strapped to her back horizontally. 10 pointing their heft left, 10 pointing their heft right. She is a fairly cute girl that appears to be in her 20's. Her eyes glow bright white and her hair is white and long (in fact long enough to cover parts of the swordsheats on her back from sight). She wears no armor at all, but instead wears a silver/white silk shirt and pants with long sleeves and decorated with golden threads. Her body barely moves, in fact it only moves when she's walking. During combat her body completely stands still and she fights only with the blades on her back, which she controlls through glowing, white strings that start at the heft of the sword and seem to dissapear into her back at the part her long, white hair coveres. The 20 swords soar freely through the sky, striking enemies at Gladias command.

Abilities: Gladia is obviously a ranged hero. Despite being all blade focussed, Gladia is an intelligence hero due the fact her effectivity depends on skills and concentration. Her abilities would involve striking a lot of units at once with minor attacks, or focussing all blades at a single enemy to unleash a massive spree of minor slashes. Her ultimate would be gathering all her blades around the target area, and then moving them all to the center, causing all units in the area to be slashed by the blades without leaving any room for escape. The best way to make her fun to play is to give her an effect that can trigger on attack as well. Something such as bleeding, or a divine infection that causes holy energies to flow through the victims veins when striken by her divine blades. This would be exeptionally good for her as she is multi-attack orientated.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Allegiance: Angelic

Name: Akaken Hiru

Theme: Uses tonfa, with blades, to have an agile attack.

Appearance: Weapons, closest I could find. Kinda close to this, but with a fiercer pose.

Abilties: (Note, purely physical)

Soul Impact: He channel ki through his tonfa to deal pure damage to the targeted unit.

Star Blade: He locks his tonfa together to form a star blade to throw at his enemies in a boomerang path. (Sorta like this, but bigger.)

Rapid Succession: He hits the enemies 8/12/15 times in 3 seconds.

Inner Limits: He goes into a rage when he goes under 15% hp. He gains 30% attack speed, and will start to regenrate health at 5%. (Can only be used with no mana)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.