My dog died...

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
My two dogs have been apart of my life for over 8 years. I use to hate pets and thought they were a waste of time and money but now I'm an animal lover. But I know that they won't live forever. Just today the older one was run over across the road right in front of me and the driver took off. Sure it wasn't his fault, but a fucking sorry wouldn've been nice.

It wasn't exactly the way I thought she'd die but at least she seemed to die quickly and didn't suffer. The death wasn't the most horrifying part, but the part where I had to carry its lifeless corpse home was. Was it better that it was dead and over with? Or would I preferred it to be badly injured instead? I don't know.

I feel deeply sad about it. But in some ways I feel relieved. I feel that the death is less painful than if it was to die when I have become a lot more attached to it.

Luckily, my other dog escaped uninjured from the incident. But now I'm starting to wonder how it's going to die.

Has anyone lost a pet they were attached to?
How long does it take to get over the death? Would you rather your pet die, than to live scarred?

Yeah, this is just like another cry/rant thread. But it means something to me.

Demi666

Reaction score
My two dogs have been apart of my life for over 8 years. I use to hate pets and thought they were a waste of time and money but now I'm an animal lover. But I know that they won't live forever. Just today the older one was run over across the road right in front of me and the driver took off. Sure it wasn't his fault, but a fucking sorry wouldn've been nice.

It wasn't exactly the way I thought she'd die but at least she seemed to die quickly and didn't suffer. The death wasn't the most horrifying part, but the part where I had to carry its lifeless corpse home was. Was it better that it was dead and over with? Or would I preferred it to be badly injured instead? I don't know.

I feel deeply sad about it. But in some ways I feel relieved. I feel that the death is less painful than if it was to die when I have become a lot more attached to it.

Luckily, my other dog escaped uninjured from the incident. But now I'm starting to wonder how it's going to die.

Has anyone lost a pet they were attached to?
How long does it take to get over the death? Would you rather your pet die, than to live scarred?

Yeah, this is just like another cry/rant thread. But it means something to me.

Poor Lucy ?

>How long does it take to get over the death?
if a pet dies? 2 days

>Would you rather your pet die, than to live scarred?
what?

Your thread is really confusing me :S

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you! I had a dog for 10 out of my 15 years of me being alive and when he died I was crushed! It sucks that driver did that. I am a animal lover too. I am a vegan too lol. I feel great sorrow for you! It is good you write this and let your feelings out! Gl
by the way its been 5 years since my dogs death and I still am sad about it.
You will get over it. Just make sure you give your dog a good burial. DO NOT just put it in a bag and throw it on the side of a highway. I have seen people do this before. Anyway Good luck. :)

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I lost my rabbit to an illness. It died very slowly and the stench (because of the illness) was horrible. I wasn't very attached to her, because my family was alergic to her, an aunt of mine kept her. I went there quite often.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
>How long does it take to get over the death?
if a pet dies? 2 days

2 days.....clearly you've never had pets before.
See the 4th post if you want to know what I mean.

I am so sorry for you! I had a dog for 10 out of my 15 years of me being alive and when he died I was crushed! It sucks that driver did that. I am a animal lover too. I am a vegan too lol. I feel great sorrow for you!

Yeah, the majority of my life I've had the dog, thats why it sucks so much more when it passes.

It is good you write this and let your feelings out! Gl
by the way its been 5 years since my dogs death and I still am sad about it.
I guess that probably a reason why I made a thread.. to "let it out" instead of letting it bottle up.

You will get over it. Just make sure you give your dog a good burial. DO NOT just put it in a bag and throw it on the side of a highway. I have seen people do this before. Anyway Good luck. :)

I buried it in my backyard. I'm really hoping my other dog doesn't dig it up.
Thanks mate.

I kinda feel sorry for my other dog, it barely avoided meeting the same fate. Its so lonely now... but I don't think its wise to get another pet...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Just think of this way, each living soul moves on to the next phase.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I lost my dog 2 years ago, when he was 17. I still haven't totally got over it.

Deepest condolences to you.

punwisp

Reaction score
I had a awesome cockiteal for 3 years, it always snuggled up around my neck and clean my ears, best bird ever, until one day I didnt pet him I went to school, i got home, poof he was dead...It was so sad

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I've had 3 dogs, but I only remember the two that I had up until about 2 years ago. They drowned in the pool, in the middle of the winter about two weeks apart from each other. :(

One was blind, and they were both about 13 years old, so they were close to the end of their days. It didn't take too long to get over them, because I wasn't really attached to them. They were really nice dogs, neither one of them ever bit anyone in their entire lives.

About 4-5 months after they died, we got a puppy though, and after about 2 months of lots of fun with her, I can only remember the good times with the dogs. :eek:

Our new puppy is VERY playful and we've been trying to teach her how to play all the time, because our old dogs never played with us. (only got petted and licked, lol).

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you. Sil3nt

One thing, a pets who lifes in a home they are a family member think about it. Some had pets many year. so what the hell some say, you dont think they be missed or can be sad over thiers dead. It's ignorance and some don't understand it. But they are not stones they are alive pets. Sure some pets you can't hold on or have fun with and so, then is not so hard to get over theirs dead. But dogs and cats and bigger pets is another story and if you had them from begining and Btw: I still miss my pets who dead.

K

King of Soul

im sorry for you man, honestly I have had many pets, and friends die and I have never really been disturbed by it, so I can't understand your pain, or ever understand the reasoning behind it really, but I hope you feel better. having said that though.... Is this really the best place to post something like this though? I mean wouldn't it be better to let your real life friends who know you and knew your dogs better then random online normally kids try and cheer you up? I'd suggest doing something with your real life friends, this will only make you think more about your dogs, and make you wallow in sorrow, this pity isn't healthy :(

go out and have a good time.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
Well thats what animals do. They die. Sad but true. It happened to my old dog, too, but now i have a new one, thats the good thing, you can buy a new animal and will most likely be happy with it, so that you forget about your old one. Thats the sad difference between animals and human beings, you cant just get a new best friend :(.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Aye, a pet that dies does really hurt. I have 2 lizards, one that died 7 days before my birthday. He died from inner bleedings, he lost both his legs, his tail and brittle-bone disease.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
@Kingofsoul

I don't think I'd be as sad if my dog died a normal death. It just the part where it was run over that disturbs me.
And yeah, this maybe isn't the best place to post such things but I feel its more 'comfortable' and 'easier' to let it out. Plus it's the holidays and I don't exactly feel like going out atm.

Breaking News: My other com's hard drive caught something or is manlfunctioning and I lost over 15 gigs of downloads..Shittest start to a holiday ever.:thdown:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
aww, your pap died... :( If my dogs died I'd be sad. I love them so much. :D They so cute. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.