My game in making, Jays Maze

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm making a game called Jays Maze (link is further down). Jays Maze is a puzzle game that I'm planning to make 200 levels long, and it has 51 challenging levels so far. If you like puzzle games that are nice and tough you should really try it. THIS IS NOT A WARCRAFT 3 GAME

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/8755

Thats the link.

Please Give Any Suggestions, Comments, Criticisms, And Even Flaming You Want. Please Enjoy =)

C

Capn_Soul

Haven't played...but have an idea for a level if you don't already have...

Spawn in an area and create a rune that the players must step on to unlock doors. When they get in the door there is a switch creating another rune that they step on, and it pretty much does the same thing with different obstacles. They have to do it in a specific time to get to a bonus level worth a life, or more speed, etc. If they don't do the level fast enough, then they just continue on. :D I love mazes. xD

P.S.: If you need any help with more ideas or cool terraining gimme a hollar. Link to one of my terraining pieces. Link

EDIT: WOW, am I an idiot...I thought I was a puzzle/maze game for Warcraft III....Well forget everything I just said... :banghead:

AIM: CapnSoul
Email: [email protected]
Warcraft III: Soul_Bot or TDoM-M_Soul

Reaction score
On that one block level where you find out about the blocks and how you can control them my blocks got stuck and I couldn't progress... so see whats wrong with that. But up till that I had fun =P.

I hate playing these games because I always think its going to be sabotaged =P

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Make me download it *grumble grumble*
Await an edit =/

Okay, so, uhm, I'm confused. I'll hit blocks up against a wall, then they won't move left or right... They just get stuck, so I can only hit them up and down -.-"
Music is driving me mad, and so is slowly moving background >_O
Otherwise, kinda cool :p
(the story was, uhm, unique)

Reaction score
Make me download it *grumble grumble*
Await an edit =/

Okay, so, uhm, I'm confused. I'll hit blocks up against a wall, then they won't move left or right... They just get stuck, so I can only hit them up and down -.-"
Music is driving me mad, and so is slowly moving background >_O
Otherwise, kinda cool :p
(the story was, uhm, unique)
On that one block level where you find out about the blocks and how you can control them my blocks got stuck and I couldn't progress

Thats what I meant =P

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
How did they get stuck? Unless you were FORCING them agaisn't the wall it should have been fine. :D

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Huh... Weird... Well it shouldn't keep getting stuck. What does it get stuck on anyways? :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Not bad. But there are a fair few glitches. On the levels with the green and white squared walls which you can lower, they will not be in the "reset" position when you die. And on the first level where there are two of your charaacter, it is possible to become stuckwith no way forward.

Oh, and it won't load the game for me. Even when I've saved it.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
You are using the loading room and saving buttons correctly right? And also, the green and white squares reseting is not a glitch. Inside of that painfully long to read description of the rules it says "Anything that has been destroyed or changed will not change back or appear again if you die or you reset". If I didn't upload the version with that yet, I'm sorry but I should get internet back soon :D

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
I get internet back soon. The next 9 levels are finished and these will be the toughest levels yet :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
the difficulty difference between Level 6 and 7 is huge, its all easy up to level 6, then you get to level 7 and it takes you 5 minutes just to get the blocks out of the way, then you're screwed in the next room.

Might wanna make that a little more easier, the enemies that go into random directions should be used for large levels.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Which Ones Were Level 6 and level 7? :D

Can't really check without using my home comp :(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Which Ones Were Level 6 and level 7? :D

You made this game?..

Level 7 is called Secret Glitch, where you learn about pushing blocks >_>.

Glitches don't go down well with games, they must be solvable without these sort of things (glitching is another word for cheating).

EDIT: Beat it eventually, the rest were easy up to Level 21, since I forgot how to save, I made a mistake and screwed over there xP.

Very fun game, but level 7 is a horrible level.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Very nice! Level seven took a bit figuring out, but once I figured out how to ram em into the wall, all was well from then on!

I suggest that in the latter levels, you add a new unit, one I like to call...the SMALL BLOB!

This small blob is the 666 demigod version of your own little character. His a bit overweight, so he moves very slowly. However, HE CONSTANTLY CHASES YOU AND CAN PASS THROUGH ANY WALL! This puts pressure on the player, forcing him to do his best as quickly as possible!

EDIT: Second suggestion: I noticed that when I held both up and left, and I ran into a wall north of my character, the little dude wouldnt move at all! This annoyed the heck out of me! You should make it so that if you are holding two buttons to go diagonally, and you are running into a wall, you should head towards the second direction (Example: I'm going northeast into a wall north of me; I should be moving eastward).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.