My Girlfriend Has Never Had a Good Dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So my girlfriend is almost 18 years old and she has been through some horrible things in her life, her parents and older brother used to beat her and then she ran away and all this stuff and finally ended up in foster care about 9 months ago. I have been with her for just over 2 months now and she has always had a bad dream every night for as long as she can remember. Sometimes she says they start out good, but then they go bad.

for example,
She had a dream that I spent the night with her and she woke up along with her older foster sister and answered the door and a group of like 4 guys came in and killed her older foster sister then she ran to me to try to wake me up but I wouldn't wake up and one of the guys that broke in said "Your going to have blood on your lips tonight" and then hit me with the bat 3 times, and then she said she ended up kissing me after he killed me then she got extremely pissed and shot fire out of her hands and knocked him out of her bedroom window. Then I woke up that same day she had that dream with a little blood on my hands but I looked all over and can't account where it came from because there is none on my blanket or pillow or bed... Just my hands...

I don't know what it is but call me crazy there is something different about my girlfriend when it comes to seeing events in her dreams... She had a dream about her older blood sister (before my girlfriend got put in foster care) getting into a car accident, then a couple weeks later it happened, and her sister died, but she said that everything was exactly how it was in her dream.

Then just last night we were in the backseat of my car parked in a little road that ends back in the woods and she looked out the window and she got a REALLY bad feeling and deja vu when she looked at the Chrysler symbol on my window. The way she was acting when she got that bad feeling was almost like she wasn't herself when I looked into her eyes. Then she told me that she had a dream the day before but couldn't really remember any of it (which is weird for her) and then when she got that bad feeling she thinks its from that dream but she can't place it, but she saw me holding her in my arms with blood everywhere and I was repeating "I'm sorry".

I also had a dream like 2 days ago that I couldn't remember but I know I had a dream because I woke up because I remember yelling something at night and woke up when I punched the wall next to my bed and ever since then every time I drive by a road that goes across I look and check the passenger side to make sure there are no cars coming towards her side, I started doing that for no reason after I had my dream I couldn't remember.

I don't know what to think about all this I just wanted some opinions, I am scared something is going to happen to her.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Car accidents and blood seem to be a common theme in her dreams. I think probability alone could attest for some of her dreams "predicting" such common real life things.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
That sounds like trauma from her getting beaten up.
Sucks, I guess she should see a therapist.

But if you see it from that point of view it's a health topic.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It's trauma from things that happened in the past, a lot of people have it. I don't remember my dreams at all, hardly ever. But I have had 5 or 6 where I remember riding my bike, and then for some reason, I end up wrecking (I do this a lot in real life, lol) and as soon as I hit the ground, I wake up in a mad panic covered in sweat.

So it's semi normal, a lot of people have it. Just get out and do things and get new memories so that your mind isn't constantly filled with the old, bad ones. :)

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say too it's a trauma. I read from a science magazine, that a new research says that playing games can help you control your dreams and thus making them better.
Semi-offtopic: Lucid dreaming is the coolest thing you can do while sleeping!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Semi-offtopic: Lucid dreaming is the coolest thing you can do while sleeping!

I've done that a few times, it's tripppppy. Like, you can't tell your dreams from reality sometimes, its nuts.

Vellu

Reaction score
I've done that a few times, it's tripppppy. Like, you can't tell your dreams from reality sometimes, its nuts.

You always know you're sleeping when you're lucid dreaming. Actually, being aware of sleeping kind of triggers the lucid dream. You can do anything there - anything ;)!

PS. Good ways to know if you're dreaming:
-Try using the light switches. If they don't work or something really absurd happens, you're asleep.
-Try using calculators. If they flip out or don't work, you're dreaming.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You always know you're sleeping when you're lucid dreaming. Actually, being aware of sleeping kind of triggers the lucid dream. You can do anything there - anything ;)!

PS. Good ways to know if you're dreaming:
-Try using the light switches. If they don't work or something really absurd happens, you're asleep.
-Try using calculators. If they flip out or don't work, you're dreaming.

Yeah, well when I mean you can't tell, I mean like you'll stand there and go "Am I dreaming?", and then do something, and as you said, something really absurd happens. Not as in you don't know all the time. haha

But I have heard of people getting mental problems from too much lucid dreaming, but I don't know the validity of this, as I can't find anything on it right now. My psych teacher in college said some stuff about it.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well when I mean you can't tell, I mean like you'll stand there and go "Am I dreaming?", and then do something, and as you said, something really absurd happens. Not as in you don't know all the time. haha

But I have heard of people getting mental problems from too much lucid dreaming, but I don't know the validity of this, as I can't find anything on it right now. My psych teacher in college said some stuff about it.

I'd think it be more comorbid than causal of one another.

I think the may thing he was asking about was the fact that she was "predicting" events through dreams. But that's just not physically possible so you have to look for an alternative that is. :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Since we are talking on dreams, I can usually controll what happens in my dreams :D Just felt like showing off xD xD xD

Vellu

Reaction score

Well, I haven't-t-t-t noticed any m-m-mental problllllems at a-a-all.
poor joke is poor

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score

When dreams go too far

While characters in this movie began to lose their grip on waking life, confusing dreams with reality is actually a sign of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, Barrett said. That confusion is not nearly as neat or clear-cut as what is portrayed in "Inception."
Can you control your dreams? http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/12/loughner.lucid.dreaming.arizona/index.html

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I highly suggest your girlfriend to seek professional help (this kind of councelling should be free in most countries/places) because she might hurt herself while sleeping etc. The best you can do is be supportive and try to find someone professional for your girlfriend to talk to.

P.S.

I'm not too comfortable (though I understand your concerns) with this thread being open to suggestions in a tech forum (didn't we have some kind of a policy regarding posting these kind of issues?) because we're not competent enough to give you advice about so serious issues - there are professionals for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.