My Map Help

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Don't worry, I don't need help YET. What i'm doing, (I don't think its against the forum rules), is i'm going to start creating a map and any questions I have on it I will post here. The map is going to be an arena kind of map that i'm just going to start now. I hope to make it some kind of enhanced version of angel arena. Selected heroes and bosses everywhere, secret heroes, item recipes, etc, but i'm also going to add some ideas I have.

1. Professions. Example: Lets say I put a river/pond somewhere in the arena, and the player just so happens to have a fishing rod. They can use that rod to fish, and there will be different kinds of fish that they can get, all with a certain % chance.

2. Random events. Example: Lets say both teams are in the middle of a huge, all out war with eachother. And then SUDDENLY, a voice or text says "Hahaha..Foolish mortals, fighting amongst themselves. Lets show them what they should really be fighting!" And then the screen darkens, infernals and other demons rain down all around the map, and the two teams are forced to work together before they are completely anhialated by the demons. That could be just one event.

3. Minigames. Example: Hey, lets say the players are feeling bored and they all agree on it. Red could say, "Guys, wanna play some minigames?" If they said yes, lets say he said -minigames and got a list of minigames. Then he says -enable minigame *The name*, and in an area in the top right corner, they get to play that game.Once it's over, everything goes back to normal, and they could possibly (I need your opinion on this,) Get prizes? (Gold, items, etc).

Those are my only ideas so far. You guys got some? Great! Go ahead and share! The more ideas the better. You can post hero ideas, suggestions, mini game ideas, random event ideas, etc! And i'll be sure to try to stick your names somewhere in the quests. Thanks in advance to anyone that participates!

Edit: Because of a rule that has come to my attention thanks to another user, this thread is no longer for all of my questions, just for suggestions and ideas from you guys. Come on guys, let out the ideas! I don't care if they're stupid or silly, I wanna hear em :).

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There's a sticky in the top of this forum with the name "Please Read: World Editor Help Forum Rules And Guidelines"

One of the points is about multiple questions:

"Multiple Questions
Here's the deal. You may ask more than one question in a single thread. But DO NOT ADD MORE QUESTIONS LATER! I.E. no more "User's Question Thread". They are unwieldy and very hard to follow. Start a new thread when you have new questions.
DO NOT. POST. MULTIPLE THREADS. ASKING. THE. SAME. QUESTION. This will be heavily enforced. Most same-question threads will be deleted."

About your question: I think the best way to do is with either a dummy unit that is created and casts a spell based on something that slows(e.g slow, frost nova or something like that) or make a dummy unit in the middle of the AoE.

Give the unit tornado aura(reduced nearby units MS iirc) and give it a timed life. Also remember to kill the dummy if the blizzard channel is canceled.

If this is unclear to you, find a tutorial about dummy units on this site.

There might be a better way to do it, I don't really know since I use the SC2 editor now :)

Rakaesa

Reaction score
There's a sticky in the top of this forum with the name "Please Read: World Editor Help Forum Rules And Guidelines"

One of the points is about multiple questions:

"Multiple Questions
Here's the deal. You may ask more than one question in a single thread. But DO NOT ADD MORE QUESTIONS LATER! I.E. no more "User's Question Thread". They are unwieldy and very hard to follow. Start a new thread when you have new questions.
DO NOT. POST. MULTIPLE THREADS. ASKING. THE. SAME. QUESTION. This will be heavily enforced. Most same-question threads will be deleted."

Thanks for the heads up. ATTENTION EVERYONE, Because of this rule, I will no longer post questions in this thread, but will make other threads for questions. Instead this thread will be for suggestions and ideas only, as I also stated I need in my first post. Hope some of you got some ideas, I know there'll be some great ones out there :-D.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Uh.. Well you know how to import and make custom models right? If you do just make like 1 hero based on you for a secret hero [Which is what most HvH/AA have] Or yourself for a boss then some friends/helpers as heros/bosses, have like spells that arent rigged for like INSTA KILL at beginning if the hero is like INT based and yeah..

Ashlebede

Reaction score

Trigger:
  • //Hand-Written
    • Events
      • A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to {Fishing rod ability}
    • Actions
      • If (All conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any conditions are true
            • (Triggering unit) is in {Fishing Region 1} Equal to True
            • (Triggering unit) is in {Fishing Region 2} Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create {Fish item} and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

This requires a dummy unit and a dummy infernal spell (Dreadlord).

Trigger:
  • //Hand-written
    • Events
      • Time - Elasped game-time is (Random real number between 720.00 and 3600.00)
    • Conditions
      • -------- If, say, there are game modes which disable random events... ---------
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (Inferno periodic event)

Trigger:
  • //Hand-Written:Inferno periodic event(disabled by default)
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game-time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- InfernoCounter is an integer set to 0 by default --------
      • Set InfernoCounter = InfernoCounter + 1
      • -------- grp is a unit group --------
      • Set grp = Units Matching (Owner of(Matching unit))Not equal to (Neutral Hostile)
      • --------- loc is a point variable -------
      • Set loc = Position of (Random unit from grp)
      • Custom Script : call DestroyGroup(udg_grp)
      • Unit - Create 1 {DUMMY} at loc facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit - Add {Inferno ability} to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno loc
      • Unit - Apply a 2.00 seconds generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom Script : call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
      • --------- --------
        • If - Conditions
          • InfernoCounter Greater than 25
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Disable (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

3. Be more specific... what kinds of mini-games? Most of this is too map-specific to just tell you how to do it. You'd have to find out most of it by yourself.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, and as for mini games I mean ANY kinds. By the way, for the fishing thing how would I make it so that the player has a chance to get different fish, but the higher valued fish would have a lower % chance?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • //Hand-Written:Actions
    • -------- This could be an integer or a real --------
    • Set RealVariable = (Random real between 1 and 100)
      • If - Conditions
        • -------- 25% chance ---------
        • RealVariable Less than or equal to 25
      • Then - Actions
        • Hero - Create {Fish #1} and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • -------- 20% chance --------
            • RealVariable Less than or equal to 45
          • Then - Actions
            • Hero - Create {Fish #2} and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Else - Actions
            • -------- And so on... --------

And you should get your own ideas for mini-games before asking how to make them... >_>

Maybe like Blizzard's sheep dodger?

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Bump again. I'm currently mostly looking for hero and spell ideas, preferably ice spell ideas atm.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Ice Spells? Ok,
List...
Ice Trail - You move and a trail of snow or ice terrain follows you whoever gets caught in the terrain gets frozen for 10 seconds then the terrain changes back after 20 seconds.

Unseen Frost - You throw an invisible piece of frost at your enemy dealing _ dmg and stunning him/her for _ seconds.

Frozen Fist - Charge up to your opponent and freeze him for 5 seconds dealing damage aswell.

Cold Speed - Opponents near you in an AoE of 250 lose 30% Attack Speed and Movement Speed.

Chilly Day - The weather changes to snowing and enemies get a decrease of movement speed for 25% and are frozen every 10 seconds as long as there in range of 450.

Ice Charge - Charge at your enemy with all your might, cuts your hp in half and half of the dmg multiplied by 2 is the damage to your opponent.

Blizzard Power - Blizzard storms occur every 10 seconds for 50 seconds at an AoE of 300 and you get a bonus of 15% Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Damage, And armor for the time and the Blizzards do damage when an opponent gets to the Blizzards.

Just some Ideas not all PERFECT because I don't come up with great ideas a lot. Hope I helped you, Bai - :shades:

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Bump again. I'm currently mostly looking for hero and spell ideas, preferably ice spell ideas atm.

Multiple Questions
DO NOT. POST. MULTIPLE THREADS. ASKING. THE. SAME. QUESTION. This will be heavily enforced. Most same-question threads will be deleted.

Create a new thread, instead.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Asheblade, what I said is not a question, it is a suggestion. This thread is for ideas and suggestions for my map, i'm just telling you what I need most at the moment. In no way is that a new question.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Looks like this map is hopeless? I'm good at making things but horrible at ideas, so if I don't get many ideas from people the map will be quite bad..

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Spell: Frosticle - Target pauses for 20 seconds, you get to do w/e you want in the 20 seconds then like frost nova with 50 dmg hits the unit slowing the target
Frozen Step - You disappear for 5 mins [invis] then your enemy is paused, then you get in front of the targets direction bashing it [like spirit breakers spell in dota] and knockbacking the target adding a frost wyrm frozen effect.
Chilling Them - You turn invis, attack the enemy, turn invis again, they pause because they get surprised [could be a buff like ! This unit is surprised it is paused] Then you just get back to your original area and can attack, run, or just stand still and cast spells while your opponent is frozen or paused for a certain amount of time.

-Who:rolleyes:

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Looks like this map is hopeless? I'm good at making things but horrible at ideas, so if I don't get many ideas from people the map will be quite bad..

... don't give up just because you can't get ideas for a single hero. Work on other heroes if you're all out of inspiration for that hero and complete it later... :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.