My Map & Jass

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
Here is a map of mine in a nutshell, please explain to me what have i used thats gui and jass, i understand the custom scripts but im not 100% on all my crap ive put into it.

Advanced:Custom Loading Screen(Not jass i know) Custom Spells, Custom Units, Advanced Triggers.

The triggers im not to sure about because they are extremely complex in form but most of them are just triggers you scroll down to find not written.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Well, shortly said all you've used is GUI, except the Custom Scripts, which are Jass coding.

I can't say I'm fully understanding what you want help with.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
didnt really understand what i did with jass scripting, i read all the tutorials but im not understanding it fully.

Rainther

Reaction score
After checking once more I noted you don't even have Custom Scripts in the map. So the amount of Jass you've used is pretty much none.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
well can you find places where it is necessary to use jass for the point of the game or places where jass would make it more fun or balanced of a game.

Rainther

Reaction score
I kinda do everything in Jass. What I can see in your map is all the time you could've saved with doing Jass instead of Gui. You have for instance about 8 triggers, all doing the same thing but different event for each player. This can be easily fixed in Jass... However I think your map is well done in GUI and wrong the looks of things I haven't found many triggers that are repeatable, removing the problem with leaks.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
Look at this map. you see im trying to use gui again to do the "Siege Tower" triggers but i cant get it to work this time. could you tell me what to do or do it on the map and resave it as FIXED and give it back to me by using jass functions. its just getting to complicated to fix using gui.
View attachment 31890

Rainther

Reaction score
I think you should get your hands on JassNewGen before you decide to use Jass, most people are using it and if you get a fixed map made through JassNewGen then you can't save yours without it.

But why can't you use it again? Problems with Regions/Rects?

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
i copy the triggers exactly, ill use the exact same elevators and exact same names, but i dont see how i mark where the ladder is suppose to go, dont i have to specify a certain distance or spot away from the wall. could you try and fix it using just gui for now, the tirggers on the map above arent what they are suppose to be, dunno ive just spent so much time on triggers im getting kind of sick of it.

Rainther

Reaction score
The Minas Tirith map have 3 regions (or correctly claimed rects) for each loading spot.
It can be explained as:
[Load Unit Region] [Place Siege] [Wall] [Transport Spot] in this order

The Siege unit is to be placed in the [Place Siege] and it gets paused there. When that's completed units can be teleported by entering [Load Unit Region] and they'll be transferred to [Transport Spot], which is behind the wall.

So your maps needs regions for where they will be teleported to that should be placed on the wall.

Just to be pesty... You could do this in Jass with not too much effort and then it can be used on every place on the wall. :)

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
can you show me what a screenshot of what the trigger should look like for 1 siege tower to be locked in place become invulnerable and become to trigger for teleporting units to the wall, and then what happens when it dies to reload the trigger to be used again, thanks.

Rainther

Reaction score
You just said you want the tower to be invurnerable AND have a trigger have a trigger to IF it dies? :p Anyway: Here's something I think should work:

Link of your attached map

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
sorry that is written for windows only i can only read it as text.
this is what i was thinking and correct me where i am wrong

-go to region editor mark the spots where i want the siege tower to attach.
-go to region editor and mark the spots where i want them to be teleported on the wall(right next to where the tower is).
-go to triggers and make triggers to somehow lock tower in place make it invulnerable and make it the trigger of the teleporter.
-go to triggers and oooo i see i said if it dies but its invulnerable hahhaha my bad.
then thats all i have to do, dont have to use elevators or anything, am i missing anything

Rainther

Reaction score
If this helps anything:
Trigger:
  • Ladder1 lock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Ladder 1b <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Light Siege Ladder
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of ladder 1 spot <gen>), facing 90.00 degrees
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in wall blocker 1 a <gen> and do (Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible))
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in wall blocker 1 b <gen> and do (Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible))
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn on Ladder1 tp <gen>

Trigger:
  • Ladder1 tp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Ladder 1b <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Light Siege Ladder
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of load 1 spot <gen>)
This one is initially off
Trigger:
  • Ladder1 dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Light Siege Ladder
      • (Ladder 1b <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Center of wall blocker 1 a <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Center of wall blocker 1 b <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Trigger - Turn on Ladder1 lock <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Ladder1 tp <gen>

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
except leave out the ladder 1 dies because its invulnerable right, or should i keep it anyways, cause in the first one it should be
Unit move into triggering spot becomes invulnerable as part of the action

Rainther

Reaction score
Feel free to edit. Were unsure if you wanted the tower to be killable or not. :)

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
i think unkillable bit more realistic cause the only thing that could kill them in movies was 1 unit and thats not worth the xtra time. having said that i guess ill just leave that last trigger out and add 1 that makes it invulnerable
also im not sure what the 1 a and 1 b stuff is so i am just copying it as is and seeing if it works
Edit: I just checked the region palate and ladder triggers there a mess right now so im just gunna delete everything and start over. but the question i have is, its 2 regions per siege tower trigger correct? 1 to show where the units tele 1 to show were the ladder is locked into place? right or do i have to add a third to show where the units tele from(just add that 1 on top of the ladder lock 1)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.