Arena My map suggestions/ideas :)?

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Alright guys, this is the first time i've posted in this section of the forum, i'm not getting much help in the normal world editor part. I'm making this arena map. You know Angel Arena? Okay, imagine that but a lot bigger thanks to Newgen. Not only that, but i'm adding a lot of things.

1. Random events. Example: Lets say both teams are in the middle of a huge, all out war. And then SUDDENLY, a booming voice (Or more likely text on the screen) will say "Hahahaha, foolish mortals fighting eachother. Let's show them what they really have to fight!" And then a bunch of infernals and other demons rain down from the sky all around the map, causing both teams to work together and kill the demons before both teams are anhialated. (Need random event ideas)

2. Professions. Example: Lets say I put a river dead center of the arena. And a player passing it just happens to have a fishing rod. He can stop at the river, click the fishing rod, and fish. He is frozen for like 5-10 seconds as it fishes automaticly, and then he has a certain % to get certain fish (More valuable ones= lower %). I could also add proffessions like Treasure Hunting, etc (Need more suggestions).

3. Minigames. Lets say everyone's getting a bit bored, and they all agree on it. They ask red if they can play some minigames. Red says -minigames, and gets a list of minigames. Then he says -enable *The minigame name*, and in the top right corner in a large box, the players get to play whatever minigame it is. Once it's over, the game resumes, and red can start another one or they can continue fighting. (Need minigame suggesntions).

Now this is where you guys come in. I need your ideas and suggestions on these three things. I don't care if they're silly or stupid, throw them out there! They might actually be good! I'll take literally any ideas. Hero ideas, spell ideas, item ideas, boss ideas, minigame ideas, random event ideas and profession ideas. So come on guys, gimme all you've got in ideas! :D

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
k u seem pretty enthusiastic which i think is awesome! :cool: so ill post a few ideas here when they come 2 me! good luck :thup:

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Item idea:
Crystal Ball of Vision
Throws the Crystal Ball at in a targeted direction reaveals everything in the traveling distance of the ball.

And a minigame idea:
Mini Footman:
A footman where all the units only got 1 hp and you get 1 footman every 1 second (automatically ordered to center), and 1 ranged unut (archer or similar) every 10th

Base got 100hp
Footman got 5 damage
Ranged unit got 7 damage

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
3. Minigames. Lets say everyone's getting a bit bored, and they all agree on it. They ask red if they can play some minigames.

If you managed to get all players bored, I suggest that you work on your main game (hero arena) a bit more and make it not boring.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
If you managed to get all players bored, I suggest that you work on your main game (hero arena) a bit more and make it not boring.

The map has not even entered its testing stages, therefore I do not know if players will get bored, but minigames are a fun way to make the game better. You seem to be the only one that has a problem with it, and I do not appreciate internet trolls. I'm looking for ideas, not for some stupid remark about one phrase in my entire first post.

x_maul, as for the crystal ball vision thing, players will automaticly have full vision of the entire map. The footman minigame idea I love, but what determines who wins or when it ends?

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You seem to be the only one that has a problem with it, and I do not appreciate internet trolls. I'm looking for ideas, not for some stupid remark about one phrase in my entire first post.

Sorry if I came across as a troll. I didn't mean to be offensive. My point is, instead of diverging into different aspects, I feel you should focus on making the main game fun. If players are bored with the game, they are likely to just stop playing and switch to another map. Besides, it takes less time for you to focus on making the main game fun, than making a Hero arena, and a bunch of mini games.

The game doesn't have to be in testing stage for you to be able to see if it'll be fun. When you read about the game, can you picture yourself playing the game for 2 / 3 hours? I can see that you have some effort to do that (the random event and profession, for example). For now, I suggest that you start making the game, and try to make it playable and tested ASAP. If you can see why it's boring, find out why and address that.

If you have mini games, you'll end up having to make the mini games and the hero arena fun. I think that's a lot more work and investment than just making the hero arena fun.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Well you could do so that each team only got 1 base or that each player got a base for their own.

Alright, sounds good.

Xienoph, I see your point, but i'm still adding minigames. I purposely want the map to take long to make so I may get more ideas. But I do see your point and I will make sure to focus on the arena itself most.

Off topic: I just did this on the Nintendo Wii. LOL.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The map has not even entered its testing stages, therefore I do not know if players will get bored

The idea is that you design a game with boredom out of the question. Design the gameplay to be fun, not the game to have things to do if you're bored.

0WN3D

Reaction score
I dont rly think that minigames is a good idea... I would suggest that instead of minigames, add in some fun modes like instant respawn or 1 hit ko...

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I dont rly think that minigames is a good idea... I would suggest that instead of minigames, add in some fun modes like instant respawn or 1 hit ko...

Nice ideas, and dudes I've already stated that I understood what the other guy meant when he told me minigames were a bad idea, and I already said i'd be focusing on the arena instead. Jeeze, don't people read these days? Anyways yeah, i'll try to add some modes like that, they could also be in the form of random events (Suddenly they get Sudden Death (1 hit ko) or w/e). Keep the ideas coming guys, I haven't gotten much for this map yet :(

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Random Event
Meteors falling from the sky all over the map hitting random locations.
Each meteor deals 50% of current hp in damage and stuns for 8 seconds.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Random Event

Sounds good, i'll keep it in mind. Keep em comin everyone!

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Minigame - Pass the Bomb

Pass the bomb mini-game! One unit has a bomb, you have to keep passing it on, unless you want to explode :) The bomb does area damage, so you HAVE to stay away from others. Could also add two bombs being passed around to make it more .... hard.​

Random Event - Hour of the Witch? Idk. Something related to Curses.

Sometimes, the [witch] will appear onto the map, her presence will cause chaos, every unit will miss as long as she stays near by. So basically, add 100% Evasion.... and hopefully you trigger all the spells so they can be evaded :p

Random Event

Shouldn't Random Events be focused more on the players? Random locations aren't bound to hit enemies, so it could be a waste of an event. Hour of the Bitch example would :p But should Random Events be really disruptive? Or just really random o_O, such as some terrain background thingy that looks cool, but does nothing....... like a giant bouncy ball bouncing everywhere :3

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Random events should have some form of disruption with the players, and meteors would infact work thanks to the fact that the players may get hit if I drop enough meteors. So my question is, does the giant bouncy ball do damage? Does it cause earthquakes wherever it bounces, causing players to be slowed? Or does it just bounce around uselessly?

And I like the two ideas you gave me, the witch one might be hard to trigger but I think I could do it. But the problem is, how are they supposed to kill her to take that evasion off if all attacks are 100% evaded? Lol.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hm. Perhaps the Meteors should be focused on the players area, so it's not entirely random then I guess.

So my question is, does the giant bouncy ball do damage? Does it cause earthquakes wherever it bounces, causing players to be slowed? Or does it just bounce around uselessly?

Well... my question was answered about its disruptiveness .. so I guess it can if it wants to.

And I like the two ideas you gave me, the witch one might be hard to trigger but I think I could do it. But the problem is, how are they supposed to kill her to take that evasion off if all attacks are 100% evaded? Lol.

x duration? Then the Witch flies away =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.