My new campaign - My first project

Asehujiko

Reaction score
today i have decided to do my first real project, a single player campaign for wc3 tft

its about kel'thuzad and the rest of the undead that stayed in lordearon after arthas went to northrend

its mainly made to teach myself more about working in we, not realy to produce a campaign that beats the blizzard ones(although that would be a nice side effect)

at the moment i only have some very basic knowledge in making wc3 maps, and i want to improve that

the campaign will contain various style maps, im trying to cover as much genres as possible, as all seem to have a very different triggering style i wish to learn

because i lack inspiration i will use the npcs also found in another blizzard game, world of warcraft, the story will be my own ofcourse

i would realy appreciate if if the community could test my map and provide feedback and awnser some questions regarding triggering and so

Project status
concept: 100%
story: 90%(some small plot holes need fixes)
terrain: 1%
units: 0%
triggers: 0%
items: 0%

Currently working on
map 1 -- Prophecy Of The Damned
style: rpg
progress:
terrain: 8%
units: 1%
triggers: 1%
items: 0%

version 0.0.04 alpha attached

Attachments

• Kel'Thuzad Capaign.w3n
    321.9 KB · Views: 136

hellmonja27

Reaction score
seems like a good idea for a 1st project. this is actually a nice concept coz people never saw what happened when Arthas was away and would put Kel'Thuzad in the spotlight, something, i guess, never done before in line of the WC3 campaigns.

the way i see it, you don't need mad skillz on WE for this. you're a kind of a first timer and believe me, i will not ask something insanely revolutionary from you. i'm a 1st timer myself. but what i do like to see is good working gameplay and a very good story. so it's like you're going to impress us with your skill in story telling about your version of what happened when Arthas was away.

this, for me, is a very good idea indeed. i wish you luck on this endeavor of yours. i would love to test it for you when you already have the beta version...

Asehujiko

Reaction score
My first project(sorry for repost, cant find old topic)

i while ago i posted here about my first project i was planning to make, a singleplayer campaign covering the story of the scourge of lordearon after arthas set sail to northrend

the first time i tried i didnt get far, because my computer crashed and didnt work for ages

now im back and i finaly got the time to produce a decent campaign
wc3 is installing atm, so here's some concept stuff:

heroes: (all heroes are named after similar bosses from another blizzard game, world of warcraft, and they will use blizzards much better quality model from said game)

kel'thuzad
main hero, playable in most maps, offensive caster

razuvious
secondary hero, offensive melee

gothik
secondary hero, multi purpose caster, ke'thuzad's main helper

thaddius
bonus hero, playable in only a few maps *splat spat splat* style hero

saphiron
non playable support hero, appears in some map, flies mostly presets paths while bombarding everything below with frostbolts

alpha and beta maps will be posted here for feedback, and problems im not yet able to solve on my own are posted here as well

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
seems like a good idea for a 1st project. this is actually a nice concept coz people never saw what happened when Arthas was away and would put Kel'Thuzad in the spotlight
that is not true, hellmonja27, what happened to kelthuzad blizzard explains, and now kelthuzad is in naxxramas killing al those guys dumb enough to enter at level 60... (this is in wow, if you didnt understand that)
so that no one knows what has happened is not true.

anyways,
good luck, Asehujiko, on your project, its always nice to see peoples first maps. i remember mine... a very easy hide n seek map, called hide n seek city, it whas fun... but sucked too... and everything whas kinda glitchy... and... oh wait, i gotta get back to my point. hehe. well, if you need any ideas, just ask us:D

M

Malygos

Very nice for 1st time, altough i think there are too many pipes above
Move 1 to the water

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Finaly got my computer working again for an unknown duration, and can start working on my campaign again

ToDo for 0.0.02 alpha:
-intro cinematic
-switch some placeholder spells for real spells
-more terrain

deloctyte

Reaction score
Hey, good luck in making the map! Nice ideas, and a very good entrance to WE in my opinion! If you need any help, Id love to :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Cinema before Terraining!

You should do all terrain before starting cinematic sequences,triggering and such, but as it is a longtime project, i dont know what diffrence i will make. Great ideas indeed.. keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh and i forgot,, in my opinion its better with smaller and more maps, than large ones, if not because loading time then for the satisfaction of finishing a map and feeling one step closer to "god".

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
You mentioned up top that the story had a few plot-holes. If you could post it (or just pm it to me if you want it to be kept secret), I could give a review, maybe some pointers, advice, or even point out a plot hole or two. If you have anything else you'd want help with, but are afraid of spoiling plot if you put it in public, I can help you with that too.

Linkoln

Reaction score
Hey wouldnt it be a cool ending if a couple warriors, druids, priest, Ect attack his base and kill him? Would be good to go with the Wow. But of course he would rez after that couse the guys gave him up to some undead warlock guy who wants to rez him.

R

Ranik

Good idea, perhaps you should change kel'thusads skills a bit?
and maybe use a custom model as the other heroes?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is a really cool idea. I love it when decent campaigns are made to explain what hapened in the WC3 campaign that wasnt explained...

for example i was making a campaign about Naisha surviving xD..

then i stopped :shades:

well good luck! if you need anything then PM me.

you could do like a TD map in the middle of it somewere as well as a Maze or an AoS!

R

Ranik

you could do like a TD map in the middle of it somewere as well as a Maze or an AoS!

You could make a TD/Siege map like the one in RoC: Undead campaign, where u get the gargoyles... Just an idea

Asehujiko

Reaction score
it has been a long time since i had the chance to work on this, but finally i can continue!

yes, kt will have his own model as soon as i figure out how to extract it from wow

yes, that lame "cold swiftness" will be replaced with something more original

no, i got a more original ending in mind

the dialogue is kinda short atm, kt is in a hurry and doesnt want to say more then 2 lines when he has something urgent to do(notice how he walks away before people are finished talking), the story will be explained in more detail later

yes, there will be some aos/defense elements but no td

imo, 4 gargs against 1 peasant every 5 min aint a td nor a siege

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.