Mysterious new HotS unit

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i cant see the last zerg one :(
really liking most of these ups, the toss changes are epic, terran emphasizes more on mech than on marinespam they are really ramping up the air harassment (of air and from air), the only thing i dont like is the swarm host... they are just spamming more zerg spam... they should have some kind of strong end game unit thats actually usefull and tanky, the ultras are cool, but honestly not that great

Edit: Sylvanus Windrunner was way hotter :p

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
> omg

Well, what would you say to "Carrier and Mother Ship gone"? :p

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
I see.
Then how about "Burrowed Banelings can MOVE (Possibly an upgrade)"?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, what would you say to "Carrier and Mother Ship gone"?
I don't care about the carrier, the mothership.... well mass cloak will be missed, but after the archon toilet nerf it was quiiite useless.

Then how about "Burrowed Banelings can MOVE (Possibly an upgrade)"?

Sounds okay to be honest.

GFreak45

Reaction score
I don't care about the carrier, the mothership.... well mass cloak will be missed, but after the archon toilet nerf it was quiiite useless.

Sounds okay to be honest.

gonna have to agree with you, but being able to mothership cloak 10 collosi will be missed sorely lol... i love the reaction when people come in to attack and all of a sudden... omg its war of the worlds!!!

GFreak45

Reaction score
i dont think hes alone in that, a lot of people will prolly be switching to protoss now that they have expansion harassment to counter terrans + aoe air

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I was just thinking about doing that if the imba phoenix would have AIR AoE. Now, it turns out it has...

Oh well, we'll see.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
A new ability called Arc Shield has also been added to the nexus — this ability will temporarily add additional shield and building armor, as well as a weapon very similar to a photon cannon. The weapon does the same amount of damage as a regular photon cannon but only damages light units.

they have a good way to defend against ling run-ins now too :/
lets just hope quicker hydras mixed with burrow banes viper and swarm host can balance it out (one can hope, no?)

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
may i just say that the replicant will be insanely OP, fungal + storm? though it will depend on how expensive it is.
Also does anyone know the speed and the health of the broodlings that the swarm host spawns?
and what are zerg supposed to use as a scout now :O with the overseer gone? personally im not a guy who sacrifices overlord and i hope that wont be the only way to scout from now on.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lings/overlords and depending on how fast that new viper unit is maybe the viper (it looks pretty fast)

also Fungal+Storm would be really OP... or Collasi/SiegeTank vs bioball,

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
yeah but scouting at the 6 -8 minute mark with overlord can be easily stopped if they wanted to hide their tech, and given the abilities that the viper have i doubt it would cheap hence sacrificing one this early in the game is not very viable.

and it seems that zerg will be the only race that have to deal with harrass now that toss have a arc shield...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
the Reaper no longer has a special building attack, but instead has a passive health-regeneration that allows it to recharge hit points quickly when out of combat.

Thoughts ?

GFreak45

Reaction score
i might actually use reapers because of that, my main issue was their squishiness and the fact that even if i could keep em alive in was in the battle for a few seconds then out to heal :/
having the passive regen would be awesome for sneak attacks over a ledge, just to jump right back up, maybe kill 1 unit at a time or harass a farm base

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.