Need someone good with GUI to modify a spell

redhybrid

Reaction score
Hi guys i need help making a tweak to an existing GUI Jetpack spell (credits: base by Paladon, made MUI by Moridin)

Details:
When the jetpacking unit jumps in the air, commands cannot be issued to it for about 1.5 seconds or so, similar to when (priestess of the Moon leaps in Dota). This 'uncontrollable' time is fine when a unit jumps the maximum jetpack distance (~900 range), the 'travelling unit' time will have just finished when the unit lands.

But when the unit jumps anything less than the max jetpack range, it will still have to wait the full 1.5 or so seconds of 'travelling time'. This is especially obvious when the unit only jumps a very short (100-200) range, it will be stuck on the spot and cannot be controlled for the 1.5 seconds.

I would like it so the 'travelling time' ends and the unit can be controlled again once the unit reaches its destination.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Paladon modded by moridin.w3x
    28.8 KB · Views: 151

redhybrid

Reaction score
calculate the time by dividing the full traveled range by the speed.

Thanks for the reply, the problem is that i cannot find the variable that controls the 'travelling time' and thus need someone to look at the actual map triggers for me. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Will take a look at it later if it's not done by then.

Btw, I didn't make it MUI, Paladon's original is MUI. All I did was edit the animations and the input data.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the problem is that i cannot find the variable that controls the 'travelling time' and thus need someone to look at the actual map triggers for me. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Trigger:
  • Sample Spell Jump
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jet Pack
    • Actions
      • Set JDA_JumpHigh_Distance = (0.33 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
      • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----
      • ----\/\/ Look ↑\/----
      • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----

Trigger:
  • Jump System 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • JD_Integers[1] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Jump System 2 <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Set JD_Integers[1] = (JD_Integers[1] + 1)
      • Set JD_Integers[2] = (JD_Integers[2] + 1)
      • Set JD_TempPoint[1] = (Position of JDA_Unit)
      • Set JD_Distances[JD_Integers[2]] = (Distance between JD_TempPoint[1] and JDA_TargetPoint)
      • Set JD_ReachedDistance[JD_Integers[2]] = 0.00
      • Set JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Speed
      • Set JD_Unit[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Unit
      • Set JD_Angle[JD_Integers[2]] = (Angle from JD_TempPoint[1] to JDA_TargetPoint)
      • Set JD_Effect[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_SpecialEffect
      • Set JD_Animations[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Animation
      • Set JD_TreesDestroy[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_DestroyTrees_Dash
      • Set JD_HighSettings[JD_Integers[2]] = (JDA_JumpHigh_Distance x JD_Distances[JD_Integers[2]])
      • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----
      • ----\/\/Look Wheres the variable is used↑\/----
      • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----
      • Unit - Turn collision for JDA_Unit Off
      • Animation - Change JDA_Unit's animation speed to (JDA_AnimationSpeed x 100.00)% of its original speed
      • Animation - Play JDA_Unit's JDA_Animation animation
      • Unit Group - Add JDA_Unit to JD_Group
      • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to JDA_Unit
      • Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from JDA_Unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JD_TempPoint[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JDA_TargetPoint)

Trigger:
  • Jump System 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer JD_Integers[3]) from 1 to JD_Integers[2], do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] is in JD_Group) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • JD_ReachedDistance[JD_Integers[3]] Less than JD_Distances[JD_Integers[3]]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Animation - Queue JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]]'s JD_Animations[JD_Integers[3]] animation
                  • Set JD_TempPoint[1] = (Position of JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]])
                  • Set JD_TempPoint[2] = (JD_TempPoint[1] offset by JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[3]] towards JD_Angle[JD_Integers[3]] degrees)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • JD_TreesDestroy[JD_Integers[3]] Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 150.00 of JD_TempPoint[2] and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Move JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] instantly to JD_TempPoint[2]
                  • Set JD_ReachedDistance[JD_Integers[3]] = (JD_ReachedDistance[JD_Integers[3]] + JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[3]])
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left leg of JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] using JD_Effect[JD_Integers[3]]
                      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right leg of JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] using JD_Effect[JD_Integers[3]]
                      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • ---------------------------------------------------
                  • Set JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]] = (JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]] + (180.00 / (JD_Distances[JD_Integers[3]] / JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[3]])))
                  • Set JD_JumpHigh[JD_Integers[3]] = ((Sin(JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]])) x JD_HighSettings[JD_Integers[3]])
                  • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----
                  • ----\/\/Here is the two last triggers↑\/----
                  • ----/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\----
                  • Animation - Change JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] flying height to JD_JumpHigh[JD_Integers[3]] at 1000000000.00
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JD_TempPoint[1])
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JD_TempPoint[2])
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Turn collision for JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] On
                  • Unit Group - Remove JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] from JD_Group
                  • Animation - Change JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Reset JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]]'s animation
                  • Set JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]] = 0.00
                  • Set JD_Integers[1] = (JD_Integers[1] - 1)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • JD_Integers[1] Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set JD_Integers[2] = 0
                      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

I'm not 100% sure, probably something like 80% if is this what you're searching :p correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: JD_SpeedUnit = JDA_SpeedUnit (this you can found in ability example trigger, which is 15. :p), with this formula you can math the distance and the 'time'.

redhybrid

Reaction score
EDIT: JD_SpeedUnit = JDA_SpeedUnit (this you can found in ability example trigger, which is 15. :p), with this formula you can math the distance and the 'time'.

Thanks Laiev, but I still can't figure out which of the variables controls the timeframe is which the unit is 'uncommandable' :banghead: I tried I changing 'realtimer' to JD_Distances[JD_Integers[3]] / JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[3] but that just screwed it up so i changed it back..

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
If you want to remove the pause unit, is the first trigger in that map, the trigger check if unit have buff, if true, pause, if not, unpause, checking every 0,1 sec

redhybrid

Reaction score
If you want to remove the pause unit, is the first trigger in that map, the trigger check if unit have buff, if true, pause, if not, unpause, checking every 0,1 sec

i tried adding your suggestion into the first trigger, and it did not work. Also, i tried adding 2 new lines to Jump system 2, and the "unpause" does nothing, i think this is because it the unit was never being paused, but somehow one of the other triggers is making it uncommandable..

Would you be able to post the edited map or the exact lines i have to add so i can just copy and paste it into the map??
I just want it so that if the unit can start moving immediately after he lands instead of being stuck for a while, if you test the map you will understand exactly what i am talking about.

Thanks alot

redhybrid

Reaction score
I just spent another 2 hours messing with both the JD_HighSettings and JDA_Highjump_Distance and that didn't seem to have any effect on the 'paused' unit, if this helps..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.