Need suggestions for a spell special effect/model

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
O.k i decided to mess around the editor again and i can barely find anything i need. So straight to the point.

I have this spell, called Water Barrier. Basicly what it has to do is create a blob of water, and if any allies are inside that blob of water, they got + armor or immunity to everything, haven't decided yet.

Anyway, I've been trying to find some kind of model/effect for the water blob. I don't want to download any models of hiveworkshop or somewhere similar, i want to find some kind of effect/model that is already in Wc3.

The effect models I've tried so far is the naga death effect and waterfall effect.. Well the naga death effect looked good, but thing is, i was planning to increase its aoe ( size scale ), and when i increase the scale, the water only increases up, and it becomes sort of like a pipe, and i wanted it to expand to the sides ( unless there is some option where i can expand it to the sides, if so, then sorry for bothering, but do point out how is that option called).

The waterfall, well i don't know why i even tried this. Looking from completely above it looks perfect. Shift the camera to a little angle, yep its definitely a waterfall.

So anyway, i want the effect to look like just a round water shape which size/scale i can increase as i need. + rep for the help.

Problem 2 ( doesn't have anything to do with the topic name )

Like i said, i can barely find anything i need in the editor ( especially the trigger editor ), so how can i detect when a specific unit is summoned? Ok i know the Summoned unit is spawned event, but how to specify what kind of summon i spawned, so the actions wouldn't take on every damn summoning spell? Even moar rep for this when i am able to give moar.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
for problem 2
Trigger:
  • Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Wolf (Level 1)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Summoned unit)

mordocai

Reaction score
uhm i have an epic water model if you want. Or i could give you a different one thats epic aswell

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Bump

Still need suggestions on what kind of model i can use. And to the guy who offered me models, as i stated in my post, i don't want custom models, i want ones that are already in wc3.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Is the spell triggered or just a basic edited ability. You could create multiple waterfalls and angle them at different angles to create like a dome shaped waterfall around the unit. I'm fairly sure you can adjust the model size via triggers as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.