need testers for bugs

troyboy

Reaction score
Hey my map is almost ready for the first release:
AotR V1.

I need you to play the heroes and search for bugs.
I had some very helpful suggestions last time i asked this earlier on in the map production.

Example..

Bug #1 Sonny gets timed life when he calls the priests..
Bug #2 Tanjaro gets 5 illusions instead of 3 when he uses his Mirror image skill (lvl1)
Bug #3 Sonny's Guards permanent?
Bug #4 Lower lanes don't have spawns...
Bug #5 How can i get gold?

Those are old, and should have been fixed by now.

Hopefully you can help. ill upload the map now.

oops wrong one, right map is uploaded now.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
hey

I tested the map just few seconds ago. First I have to say it's just complex for me. It might be interesting/great for some other people but this is some unoriginal for me.

It is a cool start, 4 paths, 4 bosses... not bad. Also the hero choosing and base its interesting...away from everything. My taste its a bit simpler.

The few bugs are really simple - I saw that the item shop 2 has no items (this isn't a bug, maybe you haven't made items there yet or forgot) and check the gold purchase costs for the damage items. I bought hammer and claws for 450 gold and got 31 extra damage but there is an item that worths 1400 by itself and only gives 25 damage. Hero bugs, haven't found that's because I didn't really gave much playing time.

Cool map, twink it a bit and it might be awesome for all!
cheers

troyboy

Reaction score
Really glad to hear you liked it :)

I understand it may be too complex for some people, as the idea is similar to dota, and dota is simpler, (less lanes, no bosses etc) but I figured would be better this way. You like it simpler algud :D

The bugs

1.Item shop 2 - yes im yet to make items for that one.
2.Prices on items - yeah ill balance those too.

Thanks for helping.
Keep em coming :p

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Wow so many leaks, plus half the triggers do no actions. Maybe yo just haven't finished them yet? But if you aren't going to use them you might want to delete them, they don't take much space up but they do take some which increases the file size.

troyboy

Reaction score
leaks where?

telling me i have leaks doesnt really help me :|

also i will delete the triggers with no action etcs.

keep em coming

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you have player and unit groups that are leaking
there are just to much to tell them all...

pick every unit in [if this is not a variable it will leak]
pick every player in [if this is not a variable it will leak]
move/create/... unit at [if this is not a variable it will leak]
create special effect at [if this is not a variable it will leak, and if you don't destroy the special effect it will also leak]
if distance between [if this is not a variable it will leak] and [if this is not a variable it will leak] less than or equal to...
create timer [if you create another timer with the same variable without destroying this one, it will leak]

and it is recommended to RemoveLocation's and DestroyGroup's if you gonna change variable values, otherwise, it will leak anyway :p

there are many ways to get a leak

Bananarama1

Reaction score
On the kill counter, the kills stay at 0, and the name slot counts the kills instead. Some of the lanes win by themselves(top and bottom, enemies win). I also started with a hero i didnt choose.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
The firebolt ability of the orc warlock has no icon or tooltip at "learn".
and why does he only have 2 spells?

Edit:
I also noticed you have a cheat for player blue. I really think you should remove it.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
umm cheats are just going to ruin games people will get bored and leave make the game BALANCED not UNbalanced like you did with the cheats

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Corrupto, Tree of evil hero.
Rampage of the forest learning tooltip is wrong. It says it increases armor, but when learned, and used, it obviously shows that the damage is increased.

And looking at it in the map editor.
Major ineffective triggering.

troyboy

Reaction score
leaks - ok will try remove them.
cheats - theyre just for trials, will be removed b4 releasing.
Corrupto - Right will fix.
warlock - still working on it, just ignore it.
kill counter - not sure how to fix that, any ideas?

keep ideas coming, want to fix everything.

new version will be released in 3 days.

troyboy

Reaction score
trigger 1

Create multiboard
Code:
Create Multiboard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled Tutorial Multiboard
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Player Name
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Kills
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
        Set List = 2
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
                Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVillagerMan.blp
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row List to 0
                Set List = (List + 1)
        Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

trigger 2

Code:
Player Kills Update
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User
    Actions
        Set Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

trigger 3

Code:
Player Deaths Update
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Dying unit)) controller) Equal to User)
    Actions
        Set Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to (String(Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.