Neutral Problem

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Now, Ive set up my AoS, but have changed it from using only 10 players, to using all 12. I use neutrals as the creep spawns of course, but the big problem here is, my creeps KEEP RETREATING! What is a good way to avoid this? Ive unchecked can flee, screwed with the AI. What else have I overlooked?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
First, make sure all of the creep leash range values (guard distance, return time, return distance, and ) under the constants is 999999.

Then, make sure your buildings are units and not buildings.

S

shadowvzs

Now, Ive set up my AoS, but have changed it from using only 10 players, to using all 12. I use neutrals as the creep spawns of course, but the big problem here is, my creeps KEEP RETREATING! What is a good way to avoid this? Ive unchecked can flee, screwed with the AI. What else have I overlooked?

only a tipp when u create a creep remove his wander ability and set aquisting range to 2000 and sight range 3000............

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yeah ive tried like that already, even if u set the creep guard, return etc to 99999 it still retreates

maybe the best way to do this is to create dummy units on the map like checkpoints so that their retreat distance is near enough than retreating back to the base

I

irJ

Same problem

I have the same problem, if anyoen knows the answer please post!

some messy solutions:
set unit - gaurd return time in game play constants to max
or re-create the unit once it reached its final destination

the creeps will go back to the point where he was created and not to the point he was last at

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Then, make sure your buildings are units and not buildings.
wtf?;)
Thats not how you solve neutral hostile units that retreats after some seconds/distance... But, it has been said, advanced gameplay constants > Creep ..blablabla.
Ive unchecked can flee
no point at all.. set it to true? Why? well, it has NOTHING to do with hostiles moving home... What it does is simply, ehm, ever attacked a WORKER that stands still? and it starts to run (some 300-500 range) in the opposite direction? yes, thats "flee = true".. For workers/units that hasmovement but NOT attack......

, screwed with the AI.
What have you done? I suggest, change it back to default;)
cheerio

zll7

Reaction score
What exactly are your creeps ordered to do upon spawning your problem may lie there... Im not exactly sure what you have them doing... attack move or just sit there?

I

irJ

LOL at you guys

The guy's problem is real he's not done nothing wrong its a real problem we as map makers face.

If you spawn a unit and then give it a move order it will eventually make its way back to where it was spawned.

the best way round this that i've found so far excluding JASS is setting your game play constant: creeps - return gaurd time(sec) to a high number so that they take ages about deciding to go back to where they spawned.

BUT it pains me to think that there is a timer sumwhere counting down to do an action you dont want to happen anyway AND is there a timer for every creep u spawn XD blizzard what have you done!

a deeper understaning would be nice though, anyone ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.