New Jass Tags!

SanKakU

Reaction score
I think [ljass] Is used for short codes. Like 1 line. not trigger :D

yeah, so it sounds like we pretty much have to stuff the triggers in our editor to view them properly...if that's the case i fail to understand why we would code this tesh in the first place. my guess is that it's still in it's infant stages and eventually it would get to the point where it can do what i want it to do. until that time, i find it useless. it's sad, but i do appreciate the effort you guys are putting into it. just right now, it's not useful yet. :D

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
yeah, so it sounds like we pretty much have to stuff the triggers in our editor to view them properly...if that's the case i fail to understand why we would code this tesh in the first place. my guess is that it's still in it's infant stages and eventually it would get to the point where it can do what i want it to do. until that time, i find it useless. it's sad, but i do appreciate the effort you guys are putting into it. just right now, it's not useful yet. :D

You are right.

SanKakU

Reaction score
There might be a problem with copying and pasting with these new tags.

For instance, if I try to copy this text:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33587&stc=1&d=1252761789

When pasted into the WE, it becomes this ridiculous line:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33588&stc=1&d=1252761789

Does anyone else have this problem?

i think the same thing happens to me.
to get around it i click on quote for the post, find the text and copy it from in the post reply with quote box that i find myself in. if you just try to copy the text from the box it does that. that's only one of many reasons why i dislike the boxes.

as far as i know that error has been around for quite a while and doesn't really have anything to do with the new changes. the new changes include adding the inline feature, which is interesting but not useful, and updating the jass tesh coloring to adhere to some of the new jasshelper stuff that's been added. updates are good.

SanKakU

Reaction score
i have a question! is it possible to use tesh coloring WITHOUT it being inline, and without those jass boxes?

because i tried for an entire post, putting [ljass]entire post[/ljass] but what happened was that the entire post was in a single line. there were no line breaks. here is the example: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1220329&postcount=57

the inline feature seems bad for viewing jass properly on the forums, and i don't like the jass boxes. they're very bad.
the inline feature seems like it's ok for a line or two...but not examples of code because you have to put in those tags for every line and that's crazy talk.

well, it looks like revolver edited my post so now you can't see it anymore. you can look at my newer post in that thread for an explanation.

The inline function is great.

[ljass]call ThankPhyrex( manyTimes )[/ljass]

i disagree.
It did take a lot of begging and 'encouragement'. ;)

should i join you in this activity? i want to get the jass boxes readable for everyone.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
i disagree.

What's wrong with them? The [noparse][ljass][/ljass][/noparse] tags allow you to highlight jass code in the middle of the line easily, allowing you to differentiate it.

They're not designed to be JASS tags without the box.

should i join you in this activity? i want to get the jass boxes readable for everyone.

I don't think this was so much an 'activity' as it was a bunch of people who requested in-line jass code, and a staff member took it upon themselves to code it.

However, if you're asking if you should provide feedback, then by all means yes, this is what the post was intended for.

What exactly don't you find readable about the gray boxes? It allows you to copy only a specific section of code, and clearly defines where the code starts and ends.

SanKakU

Reaction score
i'm using grey and red color scheme and the tesh colors in the jass boxes blend in, thus making words invisible. using the standard color scheme i don't run into this problem but i don't like the standard color scheme!

edit: i guess i'll just shutup and use the default color scheme.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.