New maps !

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
in sc2 a unit means nothing. what is a marine? 45 hp and 50 mineral costs. you send it out, it dies, you train a new one.
every little mistake is punished alot harder. the question is whether you like this or not: i dont.

I think you are contradicting yourself there

should we start an own thread for this discussion?

If such a thread would be created I would post a few times there ^_^

we would need a wc3/sc2 hybrid forum first

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it might sound so but in fact i dont.

even though a little marine isnt worth alot, many marines in a ball are way more effective since the power of units does not grow proportional to their amount. if you mismicro a bunch of marines, you place really points badly or such, you might lose the game just because of this. these marines are so vulnerable that a single baneling might take out like 12 marines at once.
and even if a single lost marine isnt worth mentioning in most cases, losing a lot of marines (which can happen easily against psi-storms, mass forcefields, siege tanks, fungal growth, banelings, etc , etc) is game changing.

i have seen so many games ending just because one or two dark templars got into the mineral line of a player who didnt scouted them soon enough. and this is not just happening to newbies but also in alot of pro games. if you think about it, the whole game is sometimes determined by luck, whether your scout saw that council/shrine or not, whether you moved into the right direction or the wrong one.
this cannot happen in wc3 as far as i know.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
this cannot happen in wc3 as far as i know.

It can happen, but in a much different way. In WC3 any orc player can get blade master learn wind walk and sneak into an enemy base to do the same. Difference is they can only get one and once they attack invisibility is lost. Also by the time they reach you with the blade master you will likely have a hero of your own to attack it and possibly a few units or towers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.