NEW: Murder at the Lake

Tonks

Reaction score
Lunarios said:
Okay, I'll shut up for awhile.

Would here be a good recording place?
Alright, keep it to one post I guess, then I can just look there to get to them.

Lunarios

Reaction score
*Lunarios logs into TheHelper*
*Sees post is at the bottom*
*Rushes to save it from doom*
*Manages to Bump the post with style*

Idea: Extended Inventory, Self-Rating: 3/5
-The way this system would work is the player would have a couple units in a reserved location. These units would contain all clothing items. A clothing item would have a special classification that would auto-mattically move it to the clothing unit. Through triggers, the buff would still go to the player, enough though they don't actually have the item. To drop the item, drop it in your box and it will dissapear via triggers. The 6 slots on the hero would be for items on his ultility belt.

Idea: Mine Tunnels, Self Rating 2/5
-A certain section of the map would have a underground catacomb of mine tunnels. When pinged, the persons coords. would be subtracted and than the ping would appear in a location above ground. So in real life, it would just like using a metal detector, you know the X and Y coords, just not the Z. The mine tunnels would have several entrances, and it would provide a sheleter from weather. In the mine tunnels, there is a completely different item set that spawns. A possiblity is to provide a mutli-leveled mine, the deeper you go, the more different is it. Final thing, when the killer uses blood compass, it tells them the Z coords. Other thing, blood scent still exists, excpet there is no strong scent, simply weak. So when underground, the player is exactly like being above ground except, they are invisable and can't be hit, and blood scent is weaker.

Idea: Mini Quests, Self Rating 4/5
-There would be min-quests for the victims. The quests would invovle doing something that grants them a benifit. For example, the Lake Camera quest invovles you going to a certain type of tree all around the lake, but when completed it grants vision of the killer to the victim. A different quest would be Snorkel, obtain items and you get a snorkel for each team member.

These three ideas rate a 9/15 for me, what do you rate them, and how do you rate each one?

Post Saved! :banghead:

Tonks

Reaction score
lol, I was actually about to post. I have a problem. Nikanarou_GR is not having any better luck than I was at finding a good flying model. I need one that looks like it would fit with the Grim Reaper. Could you guys please look for one, and PM me when you find one? I searched all over the place.

Idea: Mini Quests, Self Rating 4/5
I think this is a great idea. I'd rate it 4.5/5. I rate them based on conveniency (Will there be a lot of bugs / long triggers to make it work?), efficiency (Does it compliment itself?), and fluency (Does it fit into the map well?).

Idea: Mine Tunnels, Self Rating 2/5
It's a good idea, but it isn't convenient at all and it doesn't offer too much of a bonus / change. I'd rate it 3/5 as an idea, but 2/5 for the map.
I'm still having trouble getting the regular Tunnels to work, because you lose the "Triggering Unit" function when you use a Wait function. and I have no idea how I would make it easy to control a unit underground.

Idea: Extended Inventory, Self-Rating: 3/5
I don't understand what you mean with this one.

Great ideas, I'll be a bit delayed on putting these in, though. I just had an informal test with SDtielvdeo and two other friends, and the map is far from being playable. Every new idea brings in a new bug, it seems. And every new bug-fix that I make seems to make another bug :eek:.

Please try to find a good model for the flying killer!!
Note: I was previously using a model I found on wc3sear.ch called "Frost Wyrm Whelp". To me, it just looks like someone scaled down a Frost Wyrm. Please try to find something else :eek:

EDIT:
Updated Post #1 with new image and information.

Tonks

Reaction score
*BUMP*
I still want feedback from other people! I only have like 3 - 4 people actually giving me support / feedback. :(

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
sorry Tonks.... I cant help being a tester right now.. You can remove me from the main post, as I cant go back helping you cuz im really busy right now..

Im reall sorry :(,

-=TôinK=-®™ / DenZel94

Tonks

Reaction score
denmax said:
sorry Tonks.... I cant help being a tester right now.. You can remove me from the main post, as I cant go back helping you cuz im really busy right now..

Im reall sorry :(,

-=TôinK=-®™ / DenZel94
That's too bad :(
Sorrey you can't test, I think this map is going to be pretty fun.

EDIT: Please everyone try to find a good airborne killer model !! :eek:

denmax

Reaction score
Heheeh thats fine

Item Suggestions

Stone (can be found anywhere duh..)
- The stone can be used to hurt the victims or killers, but it does not kill anyone but just hurts them for one damage, it can also stop them from chasing or running for quarter a second. This also can be used to scare victims and make them curious.

Stun Gun (Very Rare)
- A electricuting gun that stuns people for 1.25 seconds, but does not deal any damage at all.

Hidden Camera (Very Very Rare)
- A camera that can see the area where it is hidden. Put this near bushes to make it have the ability to be hidden at night. AoE 500. Can detect invisible units.

Weapons Upgrade (Bought in a high price) 3 levels
- If you have any weapon with you, it will be upgraded by adding damage. Adds 50% of from your bonus damage. (Excluding this always)

Armor Upgrade (Bought in a high price) 3 levels
- If you have any armor with you, it will be upgraded by adding defence. Adds 35% of your bonus defence. (Including this in levels 2 and 3)

Anti Detector (Ultra Rare) - <Only used by Victims>
- A device that stops the people from identifying where you are by the ping. You can't be pinged, that means you can't be identified directly by the killer nor the other victims. When you kill a victim, this is removed from your inventory and is lost forever.

Sniffer (Ultra Rare)
- A device that has a 10% chance that can sniff out a hidden item (Like rare items and up). It only activates every 10 seconds.

TRIGGERS

I know that you know how to do some stuff.. but i think i can also give you some triggers

Sniffer Turn On
EVENT
- Unit - Unit obtains an item
CONDITIONS
- Item being manipulated equal to Sniffer
- Owner of Hero item manipulated Equal to [Player]
ACTIONS
- Turn On Sniffer for [Player]

Sniffer for [Player] (Initialy On)
EVENTS
- Time - Every 10 seconds of the game
CONDITIONS
- NONE
ACTIONS
- Set [variable integer] = Random integer between 1 and 100
- If [variable integer] Less than or equal to 10, then [put the ping system only put it on the item] else do nothing
- If [variable integer] Greater than 10, then [Do Nothing] else do nothing
- Wait 0.01 seconds
- Turn on this trigger

Tonks

Reaction score
denmax said:
Heheeh thats fine

Item Suggestions

Stone (can be found anywhere duh..)
- The stone can be used to hurt the victims or killers, but it does not kill anyone but just hurts them for one damage, it can also stop them from chasing or running for quarter a second. This also can be used to scare victims and make them curious.

Stun Gun (Very Rare)
- A electricuting gun that stuns people for 1.25 seconds, but does not deal any damage at all.

Hidden Camera (Very Very Rare)
- A camera that can see the area where it is hidden. Put this near bushes to make it have the ability to be hidden at night. AoE 500. Can detect invisible units.

Weapons Upgrade (Bought in a high price) 3 levels
- If you have any weapon with you, it will be upgraded by adding damage. Adds 50% of from your bonus damage. (Excluding this always)

Armor Upgrade (Bought in a high price) 3 levels
- If you have any armor with you, it will be upgraded by adding defence. Adds 35% of your bonus defence. (Including this in levels 2 and 3)

Anti Detector (Ultra Rare) - <Only used by Victims>
- A device that stops the people from identifying where you are by the ping. You can't be pinged, that means you can't be identified directly by the killer nor the other victims. When you kill a victim, this is removed from your inventory and is lost forever.

Sniffer (Ultra Rare)
- A device that has a 10% chance that can sniff out a hidden item (Like rare items and up). It only activates every 10 seconds.

TRIGGERS

I know that you know how to do some stuff.. but i think i can also give you some triggers

Sniffer Turn On
EVENT
- Unit - Unit obtains an item
CONDITIONS
- Item being manipulated equal to Sniffer
- Owner of Hero item manipulated Equal to [Player]
ACTIONS
- Turn On Sniffer for [Player]

Sniffer for [Player] (Initialy On)
EVENTS
- Time - Every 10 seconds of the game
CONDITIONS
- NONE
ACTIONS
- Set [variable integer] = Random integer between 1 and 100
- If [variable integer] Less than or equal to 10, then [put the ping system only put it on the item] else do nothing
- If [variable integer] Greater than 10, then [Do Nothing] else do nothing
- Wait 0.01 seconds
- Turn on this trigger
Thanks for all the suggestions :)
Stone-
I don't really see where this would be useful. The killer has a one-hit-kill, usually, and the victims can't see the killer.
Stun Gun-
Great idea! I'll try to create this. :)
Hidden Camera-
I'll see what I can do, this may cause some problems, though.
Weapons Upgrade / Armor Upgrade-
Weapons are useless, because, as I said before, the killer has a one hit kill, and the victims can't see the killer.
Anti Detector-
Good idea, but the pings are really the only way for the killer the find anyone. Someone could get this and just sit on one of the islands, and the killer would never find him.
Sniffer-
Maybe I'll have this, but make it so that it gives you a warning of the mines, so you can dodge them.
(I already know how to do the triggers, thanks though ;))

Great ideas, thanks Denmax :)

Lunarios

Reaction score
-Land Slides: Occasionally there will be land slides on the edges of the map. During a land slide there would be some special affects, than a rough reactangle wouldbe formed in the land slide area. Vicitims can get through land slide rocks relatively quickly (3-5 hits, trigger added damage) Where as the killer may take 10-15 hits to clear it.

Purpose: Giving the killer an obstacle, which ultimately helps victims. Random.

I think I've exhausted my supply of ideas. :eek:

Tonks

Reaction score
Lunarios said:
-Land Slides: Occasionally there will be land slides on the edges of the map. During a land slide there would be some special affects, than a rough reactangle wouldbe formed in the land slide area. Vicitims can get through land slide rocks relatively quickly (3-5 hits, trigger added damage) Where as the killer may take 10-15 hits to clear it.

Purpose: Giving the killer an obstacle, which ultimately helps victims. Random.

I think I've exhausted my supply of ideas. :eek:
lol, that's okay. I have enough on my hands right now ;)

Land Slides-
Good idea. I'll see if I can fit it in anywhere, the map is fairly cramped right now, though.

denmax

Reaction score
Tonks said:
Thanks for all the suggestions :)
Stone-
I don't really see where this would be useful. The killer has a one-hit-kill, usually, and the victims can't see the killer.
Stun Gun-
Great idea! I'll try to create this. :)
Hidden Camera-
I'll see what I can do, this may cause some problems, though.
Weapons Upgrade / Armor Upgrade-
Weapons are useless, because, as I said before, the killer has a one hit kill, and the victims can't see the killer.
Anti Detector-
Good idea, but the pings are really the only way for the killer the find anyone. Someone could get this and just sit on one of the islands, and the killer would never find him.
Sniffer-
Maybe I'll have this, but make it so that it gives you a warning of the mines, so you can dodge them.
(I already know how to do the triggers, thanks though ;))

Great ideas, thanks Denmax :)

OK just change the Anti Detector to 35% chance :)

And ok for the sniffer, it can also detect mines..

Try this for the time system, the new version of this is fixed.

Tonks

Reaction score
denmax said:
OK just change the Anti Detector to 35% chance :)

And ok for the sniffer, it can also detect mines..

Try this for the time system, the new version of this is fixed.
Okay, thanks :)
I'm gonna go work on the map for a few solid hours. Hopefully get a bit more productive, I've been slacking a bit lately.

Tonks

Reaction score
hellmonja27 said:
never thought you could make a murder mystery in Warcraft. would definitely like to test this out...
If you would like to, you can check out the first one, Murder at the Mansion, Here.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Tonks said:
If you would like to, you can check out the first one, Murder at the Mansion, Here.

Sadly, I can't because my mother won't allow me to play on Battle.net :(.

REASON:

My brother caught 2 PARSITES form STARCRAFT BATTLE.NET!! So now she thinks that Warcraft 3 Battle.net has parasites, spyware and such :mad:. I know she is doing it for my safety of my computer, but its no fun :(.

By the way, today was xXxS4suk3xXx's BIRTHDAY!!!! He just turned 12.

Tonks

Reaction score
Thanatos_820 said:
Sadly, I can't because my mother won't allow me to play on Battle.net :(.
:eek:
Why the hell not? :eek:utraged:

:eek: !! There's no 'outraged' smiley! I feel restricted by the small number of smiley choices!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.