New Program - Auto Resizer

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[Auto-Resizer Information] Updated!

This program will open mspaint and will let you to resize any image you want and making it into a thumbnail really fast by letting this program do the work for you. It even saves the picture for you!

[This To Do]
  1. Allow users to choose what extension they want (.jpg .gif .png. ect) (Almost Done)
  2. Make it compatible with Photoshop, Fireworks, Gimp, Paintshop, ect. (My Next Mission)
  3. Allow users to change what settings they want as in...quality and size. (Almost Done)
  4. Create a GUI menu to decide what do to (start, exit, restart) (Done)
  5. Make it user friendly (Done)

Some hints and tips for users:
  • [Del]The program is running on timed events, make sure you have your images somewhere in "My Pictures"[/del]
  • [del]Make sure you select the image you want by clicking on it and making sure it is highlighted[/del]
  • Make sure you don't move your mouse or hit any keys while the program is resizing it, it will ruin the operation.

Attachments

• Autoresizer.zip
    183.8 KB · Views: 331

Tonks

Reaction score
>Make sure you don't move your mouse or hit any keys while the program is resizing it, it will ruin the operation.

That's a bit of a downer. Heh.
Does this program save the image as the same file, or does it create an alternate file?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea, but I think it's more intelligent to make a simple algorithm that uses gdiplus to do all the hard work (and in half a second too). I could send you the C++ in a PM if you want. It's just a page-worth of code of a class that you can create to automatically crop/resize & save the image, depending on the filepath specified.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Yes this program saves a new file by saving it with multiple numbers with a (_thumb) like 12038293829038_thumb.jpg.

Sure thing Rinpun even though I'm using Autoit, I think my program will be a lot better if I use C++.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Any way to change that bit about "pictures must be in my pictures"? Cause i dont keep thingsin my documents, i have my own folder for them.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I will fix that when I upgrade my program so it runs on a button click event other than using timed events. :cool:

ReVolver

Reaction score
[Update]

Added a new gui menu and you don't need to do nothing except browse the picture you need.

Here's the new version upgrade picture:

resizeryv6.png

Note: Select Image Format is does not work at the moment

ReVolver

Reaction score
Last Post December 16th, 2006 11:06 PM

-Bump

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.