Gaming New WoW Expansion - 'Cataclysm'

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Oh great, another lore ruining expansion pack. And did i see that right, heroic DM. Whats the real point.

Poor people, spend hours raiding for gear, just to get better gear 5 levels onwards. What a waste of time. Never mind, im sure Worgen will be retarded.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Oh great, another lore ruining expansion pack.
What exactly is ruining the lore?

And did i see that right, heroic DM. Whats the real point.
Well, for one, since Blizz are revamped the pre-TBC world, they have an excuse to do stuff to the old content. Secondly, what's wrong with making a Heroic version for some good dungeons. I haven't really done many of the old dungeons (since I prefer levelling away by myself rather than waiting for hours for a group) but Shadowfang Keep was (IMO) a great dungeon, even if I had only done it once

Poor people, spend hours raiding for gear, just to get better gear 5 levels onwards
Can the same not be said for Vanilla gear when TBC was released, or TBC gear when WotLK was released? People know these things will happen yet they still do them. There's quite a bit of fun and enjoyment to get out of raiding, not just gear. Did the thought of people raiding purely for fun, with gear being merely a means to an end, ever occur to you?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The thing that they should really be doing is making servers designated for people who don't have the expansion or don't want to play with the expansion. It can be done easily, just change the field to allow the expansion in the database to 0. I don't see why they haven't done it yet.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The thing that they should really be doing is making servers designated for people who don't have the expansion or don't want to play with the expansion. It can be done easily, just change the field to allow the expansion in the database to 0. I don't see why they haven't done it yet.

You can play on any server without the expansion...

And if it was a server with only the original content, who would even play there other than you and your few buddies who think alike?

Devrak

Reaction score
>>After a while it gets unhealthy and it's totally non-progressive in real life. You could spend that time learning something like a programming language or going out and looking for jobs.

But would that be fun? No, not really. You got to separate having fun and working.

Also, WoW is too cartoony. Go check up Aion instead, you WoW-nubz. :D

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score

Actually, WoW's cartoony graphics are what makes it so enjoyable for me. I can't stand MMOs with super realistic graphics. I'd watch a movie if I wanted that. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty of.. let's say the upcoming Guild Wars 2 graphics (Pretty awesome sceneries in the teaser).

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Actually, WoW's cartoony graphics are what makes it so enjoyable for me. I can't stand MMOs with super realistic graphics. I'd watch a movie if I wanted that. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty of.. let's say the upcoming Guild Wars 2 graphics (Pretty awesome sceneries in the teaser).

I take it you don't like watching cartoons then.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>After a while it gets unhealthy and it's totally non-progressive in real life. You could spend that time learning something like a programming language or going out and looking for jobs.

But would that be fun? No, not really. You got to separate having fun and working.

Why do you even bother replying to my post when you have no idea what I'm replying to. I was replying to a comment stating that it shouldn't matter if you're addicted to the game. Obviously it should, you're comment has nothing to do with any of that.

And Aion sucks, now get back on topic this is about the WoW EXPANSION, NOT OTHER MMORPGs.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
There's probably just a number somewhere that tells what the level cap is. Blizzard simply needs to design the leveling areas for it.

And new spells, and new items to compensate for the new levels and spells...

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Why thumps down on Goblins? I just wonder only
I don't think it's a thumbs-down towards Goblins, just towards their racial abilities. They get free Engineering abilities (a rocket attack, a personal bank), a constant discount of 25% on purchases regardless of reputation, along with additional haste and stronger potions.

EDIT: Oh, and a rocket jump, which sounds pretty cool (nobody else gets a really cool racial, unless you think out-of-combat Worgen transformation is cool Q.Q)

If you compare them to the Worgen racials here, you can see that Goblins have far cooler stuff right from the start

Now, if that's not over-the-top for a set of racial abilities, I don't know what is... :p

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There's quite a bit of fun and enjoyment to get out of raiding, not just gear. Did the thought of people raiding purely for fun, with gear being merely a means to an end, ever occur to you?

You are soo right.
When I played WoW I always got to here ppl say: "dude! go get some better gear, cuz yours suck now!" even though i was completely able to clear any dungeon/raid. A lot of ppl think that WoW-players are only interested in having the best gear.. :thdown:

It's for entertainment ffs..:banghead:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The game is too easy now, plain and simple. Pre-BC was awesome, burning crusade wasn't too bad, then WotLK ruined it in terms of being between hardcore gamer status and casual gamer status. Now it's based pretty much on casual and if you're hardcore, the game is way too easy...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
So... We're up to 5 races per side and like... 8 classes? 2 of which are side-exclusive? 9 if you count the Death Knight thing?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Noez. We're at 12 races with no exlusive classes.
8 Original on each side. 9 Classes.
2 new races with BC.
1 new class with WotLK
2 new races with this one...
Pattern ftw?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.