NewGen/EGUI Compile Errors

Rllulium

Reaction score
So I just finished installing these mods and got ready to start mapping. The first thing I did was to attempt to enable Bonus Plugins. Over 5800 compile errors awaited me. Every single trigger in my map is now disabled. I have not a even a slice of a clue of what I am supposed to do with this. I have tried to search around for the problems, but I have not found any solution apart from the likes of: "Are you sure that you have the newest versions? Did you install it correctly?" etc.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you using newgen instead of the default world editor?

And the two questions which you found in other threads too. :p

Rllulium

Reaction score
Are you using newgen instead of the default world editor?

And the two questions which you found in other threads too. :p

I am using NewGen WE, yes.

The "your entire map will be disabled" kind of error message spam reminds me of how it is to try compile a really old map in the 1.24 editor. Which is weird.

Rllulium

Reaction score
Ok, I just reinstalled EGUI, NewGen aswell as my entire game, in a attempt to get these mods to work. I got as far as saving the map after having pasted the EGUI functions into my map when the compiler displayed a glorious 10000 errors. I could still start the map, and all my old functions still worked like a charm, so I figured I'd try calling the EGUI ones and to see what would happen. It only took one EGUI function in one trigger to bring the map to a "Too many compile errors, map test aported" state.

I am really starting to get deperate here. I have no idea what is causing this, neither is there any documentation around it being a known bug.

Things I have done properly, for the record: Installing EGUI properly, making sure to use NewGen, making sure to have the latest versions of the mods, making sure to have the lasted patch properly installed, making sure to have a retail version of the game installed without any convenience crack and making sure to have JassHelper and vJassSyntax Enabled.

Can someone please help me with this? If this goes any longer I'll have to abandon usage of this mod. :banghead:

EDIT: I removed the EGUi fuctions from from my map thinking that I could get some simpler mapping done while I have this error. The map quickly grew thousands of new errors and refused to test. I then quickly rebooted the map in the normal worldedit and tried the same thing. No errors. That should pretty much point out what mod it is that is erroring for me.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Disenable vJassSyntax and JassHelper.
I know it because i tried it myself.

Rllulium

Reaction score
I did what you told me and it did help, atleast partially. I can now test the map without compile errors, but they still appear when I save. I do not know if that really matters thou, as it seems that WE is perfectly capable of saving anyway. I also get the bug where I can't test a map that hasnt been saved. But I can live with that too.

Thanks for the help!

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
I did what you told me and it did help, atleast partially. I can now test the map without compile errors, but they still appear when I save. I do not know if that really matters thou, as it seems that WE is perfectly capable of saving anyway. I also get the bug where I can't test a map that hasnt been saved.

Thats weird...
Didn't happen to me.
Do you have RtC on?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>I also get the bug where I can't test a map that hasnt been saved.

That's not a bug.

>Disenable vJassSyntax and JassHelper.

How can that possibly work? EGUI requires vJass.

Rllulium

Reaction score
>I also get the bug where I can't test a map that hasnt been saved.

That's not a bug.

>Disenable vJassSyntax and JassHelper.

How can that possibly work? EGUI requires vJass.

There's something to it. As soon as I start using a EGUI function the map cannot be tested (as in, "test map" goes to the menu, even after saving).

EDIT: Right, here's how things are right now: With vJASSsyntax and JASShelper enabled, I am able to save and test maps, but with several thousands of Compile Errors. All my homemade functions and triggers are working, but only a few of the ones from EGUI are working. Most notably, both Bonus and UnitProperties refuse to wrkr altogether. I have tried repeating the enabling process several times; calling them still gives a message that the function does not exist.

Rllulium

Reaction score
Bumping again, because I still cannot utilize NewGen. Everything works as long as a only use functions made with the normal WE; save the thousands of compile errors I get when I save. however, the moment I attempt to do a function/trigger that requires NewGen to work, the map stops working completly and I have to revert to the normal WE to keep working on the map. Since WE does not produce any errors before I apply NewGen, I am completly confused by the whole situation. Has this never happened before? I have not been able to find any such evidence.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Please see attached images for what your WE options should look like.

Attachments

• Screenshot2009_10_25_13_26_01.jpg
    Screenshot2009_10_25_13_26_01.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot2009_10_25_13_27_26.jpg
    Screenshot2009_10_25_13_27_26.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 86
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.