Newgen Pack & Latest patch

XeRo13g

Reaction score
I've downloaded Newgen Pack v5d because the WE Jass interface is rather awful and also wanted to have a go with the object merger.

1. When I tried to load a map I'm working on, it gave me a warning that the map is saved in a newest version and some features might not work or get disabled. Should I ignore this and begin working on Newgen, or should I use it only for writing scripts and then paste it back to the normal editor?

2. To extract the Newgen, I had to disable my antivirus for reasons mentioned to several threads I've seen. When I re-activated the antivirus, it deleted rtcexehack.exe (Not sure if it deleted anything else), YET the editor seems to work fine. Can someone make an educated guess about using the Jass interface and merger as is?

XeRo13g

Reaction score
This post is sticked at the main page. You should have read it before opening this thread, i think it answers your question n2
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/139266-I-Can-t-Test-Maps-with-Newgen!

Is your W3 on the latest version? (1.26) If not, update, Newgen works fine

I've spent a fair deal of time searching for answers before posting this and I fail to see how the post you refer me to, helps in any way. If I'm missing something, please point it out...

I've been working on this project for the last 9 months and I already have nearly 200 GUI triggers. Who wouldn't be worried about this message: "This map has been saved by a more recent version of the editor. It may contain data which are not supported in this version."

I've recently began using Jass and only 6-7 triggers are made that way.
Anyone knows if the editor will mess with the GUI triggers due to the old version?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I would save 2 copies and try it out just in case, sometimes jass can make maps incompatible sometimes not

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.