[NewGen WE] Trojan Infected ?!

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
After quite a long while of busying, most of thing is settled down, and I started to work with some map again.

So now, I redownloaded the NewGenWE and it seems find when the download process is going on.

After I downloaded it, as usual, I did a virus check on it.
Then, I saw this:
trojeninngdy0.jpg

Trojan.Generic.251903?! Omg...
I did some research of google but found nothing about that virus?

I believe that it is some false alarm, but I still need a confirmation from Mike or Vex...

If it is a false alarm, then how should I pass by the false alarm?
Because that every time I extract the file, my BitDefender2008 will auto delete or quarantine 2 of the file...

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
So?

The link won't do much... Your link is found because you searched trojan.generic and I searched trojan.generic.251903...

And what should I do now? I wish to open the WE...

Ohya, another information here:
The NewGen WE.exe was detected as it contain trojan and was deleted too... :(

Reaction score
Assuming your download is reliable, NewGen is not a trojan. Maybe there is a safe-list you can add it to, so your virus scanner does not delete it? You ought to ask at the BitDefender forums.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Did you use another version of NewGen last time you had it working? Maybe you could try a downgrade while you wait for answers? That is if they're still around.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Sorry, I must have somehow deleted my last text. :p

Anyway, like Builder Bob I think you should try downgrading and see if the virus still occurs.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like a false positive. I mean, WE is a hack for Wc3, so some of what it does might not check out.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
It is a false alarm.
NewGen uses the same technique like viruses to inject its code into the world editor process and the war3 process. Some antivirus programs recognize the pattern and give false alarms.
Then because it doesn't know any existing virus that exactly matches the pattern, it calls it a generic trojan with a random number.

Deal with it by adding it to a trusted zone in your antivirus software (or something similar). This doesn't work with all antiviurs program though.
Kaspersky for example needs to be completely turned off if you wanna use NewGen.

EDIT: all this is assuming that you downloaded NewGen from the official link.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, specially mike~! +repute everyone

I manage to keep every file being extracted by using mike's method.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.