Nice DotA Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
For Faceless' spell I beleive it's bassed on chain lightning, no animation (as well as omnislash). Moves the hero to the units that the lightning hits. Then again I may be wrong.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
lh2705 said:
i had my own omnislash but i based it on storm bolt

is that wrong?

its ok, but since storm bolt always gives a slight stun to the target unit, it is better if you use something else, such as chainlighting, which gives no buff

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
i find that the sleep ability is perfect for not getting any stuns or w/e, just be sure to make the duration to 0.01 , but if storm bolt works for u , then it works for u ^_^

-300th post- WOOT

Z

Zelune

Chromosphere

I know u guys were talking bout chronosphere having a 100% slow aura, but its actually "pause/unpause unit" trigger. i dont want to nitpick, but if u use 100% slow aura, all buffs wont stay on, like in Dota (ie an enemy omniknight uses guardian angel and u use chronoshpere 4 sec later-angels gonna last for as long as ur chrono). This is why zeus isnt favored on the same team as faceless-his lightning is based on sleep, so if u use it at the wrong moment, the enemy gets more invulnerability time

S

Slaughter

Wow, so lightning bolt is really based on sleep? Makes so much more sense to base it on Frost Nova or Finger of Pain. Weird.

Good point about 'pause unit.' You're right of course.

Emjlr, when I said scattershot was thievery, I meant they had stolen it from you. That was what I thought, at least.

Z

Zelune

Yeah, it's based on sleep, because like someone said earlier, you set the sleep time to .01 sec, and it doesnt create a buff that can be seen, but when a unit is paused...

emjlr3

Reaction score
Slaughter said:
Wow, so lightning bolt is really based on sleep? Makes so much more sense to base it on Frost Nova or Finger of Pain. Weird.

Good point about 'pause unit.' You're right of course.

Emjlr, when I said scattershot was thievery, I meant they had stolen it from you. That was what I thought, at least.

nah, in my initial post I said i made it based of dotas because it was one of my fav. spells, and just to see if I could

they actaully stole in from wc3campaigns, and what is even funnier is that if you look in their map, on the dumy unit that is used to attack, it still has the link to wc3campaigns as it's suffix, rofl

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
nah, in my initial post I said i made it based of dotas because it was one of my fav. spells, and just to see if I could

they actaully stole in from wc3campaigns, and what is even funnier is that if you look in their map, on the dumy unit that is used to attack, it still has the link to wc3campaigns as it's suffix, rofl

are you reffering to 5.76 or w/e (if that even had the abil then) or did u manage to work some of that hulk magic and get a ummm, unprotected copy of 5.80 + you sneaky dog u :cool:

Z

Zelune

Passive abilities

How do you have an event/condition to make something happen every single time someone evades/bashes/does some other passive ability? Like if I wanted a Blademaster with 25% evasion to mirror image every single time he evades, what events and conditions do i do?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Passiv's can't be detected via triggers (95% sure).

Ivach

Reaction score
I've just recently seen your spells emjlr3. They are awesome. I've been playing dota for a long time and didn't know where scattershot originated from.. Do you mind if i use them in my map? I'm pretty bad when it comes to triggers.. :banghead:

emjlr3

Reaction score
Ivach said:
I've just recently seen your spells emjlr3. They are awesome. I've been playing dota for a long time and didn't know where scattershot originated from.. Do you mind if i use them in my map? I'm pretty bad when it comes to triggers.. :banghead:

no prob, the ones ive hosted are on wc3sear.ch under emjlr3, and one in map project here you can look at, give credit where it is do

o and btw mixmax that is in ever version since they copied in into the map, up through the newest versions

and yes there is no way to detect passives

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you read the date of the post before yours?
This is VERY out-dated. And reviving is against the rules afaik.

andrew27

Reaction score
Blackman

I can make freezing fields in GUI Triggers

Freezing Fields (Initially on)
e:Spawns an effects
c:ability being cast = to freezing fields
a:Trigger turn on FF_Function (FFF)
wait x seconds.
Trigger turn of (FFF).

Freezing Fields (Initially of)
e: Every .40 sec
c: None
a: make unit x ,x
set level of frost nova
unit order Last created unit to frost nova to last created unit (LCU)
wait .04
Copy paste it at least (7 times and change the x , x)

the x,x is the random place that you want to place, like 167 , -73
I cannot make the real freezing field. but i can make the fake in GUI.
THX

Reaction score
Yeah, it's based on sleep, because like someone said earlier, you set the sleep time to .01 sec, and it doesnt create a buff that can be seen, but when a unit is paused...

Why would they do that? Storm bolt would be the answer IMO, cause it does exactly the same thing the Lightning does: Stuns for a brief moment and deals damage. The missile speed would be infinite, the missile model would be nothing, and then you'd just have to create a lightning effect, simple as that.

Again, why would they use sleep? 0.01 second buff isn't something anyone would pay attention to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.