Noob building/trigger question

Dekufish

Reaction score
isn't it so random that there are still ppl who just started wc3 modding :p

anyways i want to know what is the best way to set up a building so that it can only be built in specific regions of the map?

Yoshii

Reaction score
isn't it so random that there are still ppl who just started wc3 modding :p

anyways i want to know what is the best way to set up a building so that it can only be built in specific regions of the map?
make the building have some specific requiremnet to be built and have the region not meet it
example
in object editor of castle unit there is a line that read :pathing requirement: buildable so that mean that the castle cannot be build on tile that read (unbuildable)(from your terrain editor) nor blight(unbuildable) but can be built on anything else.

Dekufish

Reaction score
ok that works but i think for what i want to do i need a more limited area of allowed building. specifically, make it so a certain building can only be built in spots marked with CoPs. i also need to know if you can make CoP buildable on cause i changed those properties in the unit editor (CoP - can be built on & can build on = true) and it still wont let me build anything on top of em.

Yoshii

Reaction score
ok that works but i think for what i want to do i need a more limited area of allowed building. specifically, make it so a certain building can only be built in spots marked with CoPs. i also need to know if you can make CoP buildable on cause i changed those properties in the unit editor (CoP - can be built on & can build on = true) and it still wont let me build anything on top of em.
it may be a little too complex if you just started but if you want to make certain building only be built in spot marked by whatever unit then you would need to setup that say the folllowing "If a unit begin the construction of a building then pick every unit of type(CoP) within range of X then if the number of picked unit =0 then unit destroy(constructed unit) else do nothing.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Use regions but if you need it so it cant be built near a person or moving object do the in range of a person but i think it makes a circle instead of a square so it might not be very accurate

Yoshii

Reaction score
Use regions but if you need it so it cant be built near a person or moving object do the in range of a person but i think it makes a circle instead of a square so it might not be very accurate

yes the range is in a form of a circle

Simbob

Reaction score
Maybe you could make the CoP upgrade into the tower/towers.. If not just chuck a region on top of each CoP and when the unit starts construction on the building make it die if it's not on the region. (Like what Yoshii said)

Dekufish

Reaction score
thanks so much everyone for the help. trigger is almost working

Events- unit owend by player 1 begins construction
Actions-
-If conditions- Distance between construction structure and CoP is larger than 1
-Then- kill constructing structure.

one more issue. there is only one specific building that this trigger should apply to. what condition type can create "If constructing structure is equal to *Specific Building (Crypt)*

also... how can i just post a pic of the trigger window? do i need to screen shot it?

Yoshii

Reaction score
thanks so much everyone for the help. trigger is almost working

Events- unit owend by player 1 begins construction
Actions-
-If conditions- Distance between construction structure and CoP is larger than 1
-Then- kill constructing structure.

one more issue. there is only one specific building that this trigger should apply to. what condition type can create "If constructing structure is equal to *Specific Building (Crypt)*

also... how can i just post a pic of the trigger window? do i need to screen shot it?
you can copy and paste trigger by rick clicking them and copy them here.

just add the condition "unit type of building being constructed= crypt"

Dekufish

Reaction score
haha wow dont know how i missed that one ;p
thanks yoshii for all the help!!!

Trigger:
  • SoPCoP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Distance between (Position of (Constructing structure)) and (Position of Circle of Power (large) 0014 <gen>)) Greater than 1.00) or ((Distance between (Position of (Constructing structure)) and (Position of Circle of Power (large) 0013 <gen>)) Greater than 1.00)
          • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Summon of Power
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Constructing structure)
        • Else - Actions

randomly, if i have more questions bout random things for my game, should i post them in this thread or start new threads for new questions. whats forum policy?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.