Object Editor advanced tooltip help!

Zorobay

Reaction score
Hi.

I have seen that some(or most) spells and upgrades have special, shall we say, triggers in their tooltips.
Like "Improves the fighting capabilities of Grunts with a <Robs,base1> hit point increase, and <Robs,base2> bonus attack damage."

Now i guess that by writing "<Robs,base1>" you automatically show the hitpoint bonus. But how the hell is this done? I would like a little lesson in that topic please. Now only the hitpoint bonus, but how this whole kind of trigger thing works! TY!

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
It just shows info from a unit/ability by using the line/fields rawcode.
<Robs,base1>
Part 1 = First part which tells the line what unit/ability are we getting info from.
Part 2 = The field in the unit/ability where the info is stored.
These to thinks can be found by checking Raw codes (Cntl+D)

Robs(Part 1) = Grunt
base1(Part 2)= Base hitpoints

EDIT: Hotkeys: The common hotkey method is to use the golden text color code - |Cffffcc00x|r. |c start the color code, the first set of ff are the transparency (Which does not work for text anyway), the second pair are red, then green, then blue. Then you have your hotkey, and |r resets the color to normal (White).

Autocast: The common autocast method is to use 2 sets of color codes to signal the turn off/turn is available. The turn on is sort of strange because it uses 2 color keys... - |cffc3dbff|cffc3dbffRight-click to activate auto-casting.|r|r Thats a straight Copy Paste from Phase Shift. It may be a bug, and im sure deleting a set will not harm anything. But anyways the color code is still basically the same. |c starts it, ff is transparency, c3 is red, db is green, then ff is blue.

Raw Data Percentages: For some percentage values, exluding ones like Bash, Critical Strike, Pulverize etc. you can use the raw data code like this: <Adef,DataA1,%>% (Footmans defend % damage taken). That will convert 0.50 into 50%, so instead of saying .5 damage taken it will say 50% damage taken.

Zorobay

Reaction score
okay ty i will experiment with it. But another thing, the skill i was modifying is called Berserker Strength and it only gives a bonus to grunts and i want it to give bonus to all friendly heroes! How do i do that?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Edit the units you would like it to affect by putting the upgrade in the "Techtree - Upgrades Used"

Zorobay

Reaction score
ya of course. But i have more problems =P

For the first, my <R000:Robs,mod1> only shows 0 all the time. And in my upgrade I have the effect Hit point bonus % and the increment is set to 3 percent and the base is also 3. But when i use the upgrade is increases my units life from 750 to 17xx. What is the difference between base and increment and why don't it rais the health with 3%?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
For upgrades, the "base" amount is how much it will add when the unit recieves the upgrade the FIRST time. The "increment" amount is how much the unit receives in each additional upgrade level.

So if you have an upgrade with 3 levels that adds 5 damage with each upgrade, you would set the fields as follows:

Base amount = 5
Increment amount = 5

I could be wrong, but I think the hitpoint % bonus from upgrades is all screwy. I've had problems with that several times. Just mess around with the numbers in trial and error, and you'll figure it out. :)

HeX.16

Reaction score
For upgrades, the "base" amount is how much it will add when the unit recieves the upgrade the FIRST time. The "increment" amount is how much the unit receives in each additional upgrade level.

So if you have an upgrade with 3 levels that adds 5 damage with each upgrade, you would set the fields as follows:

Base amount = 5
Increment amount = 5

I could be wrong, but I think the hitpoint % bonus from upgrades is all screwy. I've had problems with that several times. Just mess around with the numbers in trial and error, and you'll figure it out. :)

Mine is correct its
0.01 = 1%
0.05 = 5%

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
@Hex, you don't need to correct me. My point was simply that he should make sure he gets the right numbers. I have in fact had problems with the hp% bonuses in the past. One example, I set the upgrade to 0.10, but the units only received 5% bonus. I set it to 0.20, and it came out as 10%.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.