ObjectMerger won't work.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
So I read this tutorial : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125678

That seems pretty useful, since my map should use many units which are about the same, except for a few of their stats. So I tried doing some basic stuff with the ObjectMerger, and none of it worked. So I figured I should try with even more simple. In the end, my code was like this :

JASS:
library myLib
//! external ObjectMerger w3u ewsp e000
//don't let !external command be the last line of a trigger
endlibrary

And it still won't work. Now, when I save, there is no compilation error or anything. It's just that when I close and reopen the map, I don't see a new unit.

I tried placing the command outside a library or in the library's initializer. Didn't work. 'e000' is an unused rawcode in my map. I tried changing it to something else, but in vain.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Where do I enable Grimex? There's no "Enable Grimex" option in the Extensions menu, or in any other menu of NewGen's. @_@

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then go to Extensions and make sure Enable Local Files and Register Shell Extensions are checked and active.

Okay, I have a few theories.

At first I had the same problem as you and it was not doing anything with this script.

JASS:

//! external ObjectMerger w3u ewsp e001

I was getting errors. Then, however, I started a new map, and copy-pasted Dragonhawk to make sure that it was w3x, saved the map, reopened it, and added this code.

JASS:

//! external ObjectMerger w3u ewsp e001 unam "Kid "

And that went down successfully, I saved and reopened and had my wisp.

• It may deal with .w3x file types, so it may need to be w3x first.
  • Perhaps adding at least one argument helps, like [ljass]unam[/LJASS] is Unit Name.

So try starting over with a .w3x map, add in my script from above, and it should work this time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.