Ok voodoo spirits..

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, no.
The bugs are actually units.
Though, you are talking about the ability that's like Locust Swarm?
There's actually a unit called "Locust".
You need to change the unit that the ability uses.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
[yes i'm talking about the abillity that's like locust swarm] mmm...ok i'll look into it :p

so basically i have to make a dummy unit that doesn't look like a locust?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> so basically i have to make a dummy unit that doesn't look like a locust?

Yep. That's pretty much it.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> But since locust is already a unit couldn't i just edit it's model to what i want it to be o_O?

Sure.
I just prefer to keep all default units the same.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
mmm speaking of defaults, ok if i make a copy of an abillity and don't change the default and make another copy of the default will the first copy influence the other like the original does a copy?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that will happen would be conflict of the Order Ids if you give one unit both abilities.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
if u looked at the vodoo spirits, theres a field where it points a unit, like locust....
to change the model, then change the locust model to ur liking

or

create a unit with the locust ability, and go to vodoo spirits and change the unit pointed which is locust, to ur newly made unit

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
mmm speaking of defaults, ok if i make a copy of an abillity and don't change the default and make another copy of the default will the first copy influence the other like the original does a copy?

Ok, what matters is this.

Secenerio 1: Default Changed

If you make a spell base off the Default from the "Create Custom Ability" button. The default will be displayed when u select the ability, the most is the name changed, but the other details of the spell will be based of the original Default.

Scenerio 2 : Default Changed, Create a new spell by copy the Changed Default and pasting it

This method will direct "Copy" and "Paste" the spell, with the modified parts. Hope it issint too tough to be understooded. =p

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
ok what i'm trying to say about defaults is if i copy and paste a default and do another one will the default have any direct affect to them [and if i'm understanding somatic right it doesnt?] cause i have a carrion swarm made into crushing wave and an ice wave abillity that shoots a frost nova and slows units that it hits. but if i change the default it changes both spells :| but i did do make new custom abillity. so idk

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Copy and Paste is the same as creating a new ability based off of an ability.
And it will only cause you problems if you give a unit both copied abilities of the same ability, because it will try to cast them at the same time.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
No no no no that's not what i'm saying >< i'm talking about the abillities themselves i havent' even mentioned putting them on a unit yet XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.