Okay, so. Frustrated.

A

Ace

Ive successfully created a map. Its not much but it was enough to give me a taste of what I can and cant do. So..

Im really wanting to make a hero type game, with some of the final fantasy tactics flavor to it. But, as everyone knows, things like that are protected. Ive been trying to get a hold of the creator but..it isnt really looking good on that end.

So how exactly is a person suppose to learn further techniques? Especially ones like they use in those really advanced maps like I want to make. Its just frustrating..

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Tutorials

check tutorials this site has some good ones, and try googling tutorials, and as for map unprotection, it is not aloud to be discussed on this site but try googling it. hope i helped

In case anyone cared ITS MY BDAY!!

lllidan

Reaction score
The only way to learn isn't from opening other peoples' maps. Just mess around in WE and look at the different triggers, they are self-explanatory after all. If that doesn't help read some tutorials. :)

N

NoLeavers!

The only way to learn isn't from opening other peoples' maps. Just mess around in WE and look at the different triggers, they are self-explanatory after all. If that doesn't help read some tutorials

In fact you can learn many things by opening other maps and look how others did several triggers and other things. So (in my eyes) that's a reason people shouldnt protect a map. And yes, messing around in WE helps too.

However there are many "idiots" at battle.net who are too lazy to learn things, and just put their names on other people's maps. This is a reason for protection your map.

EDIT: Oh yes, by the way; Happy Birthday Dargoth!

A

AK-47Pirates

I dunno if I can say this, but Protecting maps is annoying, it should be set so you can look at it, BUT you cannot change anything, if anything gets moved/replaced/added etc...then it goes and quits. But just looking at would be nice, but then I guess other people will copy. If i shouldnt be saying this, im sorry, and ill have it removed.

P

platinumxii

Ace said:
Ive successfully created a map. Its not much but it was enough to give me a taste of what I can and cant do. So..

Im really wanting to make a hero type game, with some of the final fantasy tactics flavor to it. But, as everyone knows, things like that are protected. Ive been trying to get a hold of the creator but..it isnt really looking good on that end.

So how exactly is a person suppose to learn further techniques? Especially ones like they use in those really advanced maps like I want to make. Its just frustrating..

De-protect the map ? I'hv deprotected AngelArena map and im viewing all the triggers now. Phew. I found out something interesting... Trigger tittle is Cheats.

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing This version rocks as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Player - Add 1000000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

A

Ace

From what I know, de-protecting it is a "hack" so..whatever on that.

Ill read through tutorialsd and just bother y'all. haha.

Oh, and happy bday!

Kenak

Reaction score
Dargoth said:
check tutorials this site has some good ones, and try googling tutorials, and as for map unprotection, it is not aloud to be discussed on this site but try googling it. hope i helped

In case anyone cared ITS MY BDAY!!

Happy Birthday!

Kershbob

Reaction score
I learn all I know from just playing around with triggers until cool things happened. Oh and I asked here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.