One hero for the whole game?

C

chienne

Yay :p Ok, here's my final product (just to make sure I've got everything right)

Starting Up
Code:
Starting Up
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) for 20.00 seconds the text: There are no teams....
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Set DireWolf[(Integer A)] = True)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Set SnowWolf[(Integer A)] = True)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Set TimberWolf[(Integer A)] = True)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Set TundraWolf[(Integer A)] = True)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Set Whelp[(Integer A)] = True)

Selecting Dire
Code:
Selecting Dire
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
    Conditions
        DireWolf[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dire Wolf for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing 315.00 degrees
        Set DireWolf[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False

O

OmgWtfBacon

Events
Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match

You have to change this to an If, Then, Or trigger I'm sure. as in... : Player types (Blah) OR Player 2 types (Blah) OR Player 3 types (Blah)
You get it. as it is right now they ALL have to type it for 1 person to get a wolf. and THATS bad.

O

OmgWtfBacon

chienne said:
Hmmm.. how would I go about making it an If, Or, And trigger?
I think it might be near the bottom of the list on event. just take what you have and do what I said to do.

C

chienne

I looked for it, but I don't see it.

I tested out the map with the original one, however, and it worked. The only thing was, I could also get a timber wolf even though I had selected a dire wolf =/. And I don't want it to do that. It needs to be so that when you choose your wolf, you'r stuck with it, you can't get a new one/ a different species at any time, and when you die your dead.

O

OmgWtfBacon

chienne said:
I looked for it, but I don't see it.

I tested out the map with the original one, however, and it worked. The only thing was, I could also get a timber wolf even though I had selected a dire wolf =/. And I don't want it to do that. It needs to be so that when you choose your wolf, you'r stuck with it, you can't get a new one/ a different species at any time, and when you die your dead.
Hm..... PM me your map, I'll look over it and make it work. you know how to PM right?

O

OmgWtfBacon

Okay I'll probably be home in about 30 minutes to test and see what's up. until then BE patient.lol :D

U

Unregister

If players shouldn't all be able to select the same hero, you can just add -Turn off (This trigger) at the end of each one. This should solve you problem. If players can pick the same hero, you'd have to recopy this trigger 12 times for each player for each hero, which is somewhat less satisfactory.

C

chienne

They should be able to select the same hero, because the 'heros' are simply different breeds/species of wolf. So if all of them want to be a Dire Wolf they can be. I think that's what you're talking about, right?

O

OmgWtfBacon

Yes, that's what the "random person" is talking about. I might have to change a trigger a little bit. then I'll test it. If it doesn't work I'll just leave it the way it was. :D

::Edit::
Anyways I didn't change anything... I was hoping to find something wrong with it but didn;t. good job. Sorry about that. /:

C

chienne

It's ok.. so.. now what xD.

Uhm, well... anyone know what's wrong with it? Or.. should I post a new topic with my current code?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> as it is right now they ALL have to type it for 1 person to get a wolf.

Events are "or" by nature.
Any event will fire the trigger.

Conditions are "and" by nature.
All conditions must be true for the actions to run.
Conditions can be helped by using "Or - Multiple conditions" if needed.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It can be done alternate way too:
Variables used- Player_Check is integer arry of 12, Triggering_Player is player variable with no value, Wolve is unit-type arry of 5 with no value.
Code:
Wolves setup
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Wolve[1] = Dire Wolf
        Set Wolve[2] = Timber Wolf
        Set Wolve[3] = Frost Wolf
        Set Wolve[4] = Blademaster
        Set Wolve[5] = Tauren Chieftain
^ To set up all choocable units/ heroes.
Code:
Pick equal Dire Wolf
    Events
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -dire as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Triggering_Player = (Triggering player)
        If ((Number of units in (Units owned by Triggering_Player of type Wolve[1])) Not equal to 0) then do (Set Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] = (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Number of units in (Units owned by Triggering_Player of type Wolve[2])) Not equal to 0) then do (Set Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] = (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Number of units in (Units owned by Triggering_Player of type Wolve[3])) Not equal to 0) then do (Set Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] = (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Number of units in (Units owned by Triggering_Player of type Wolve[4])) Not equal to 0) then do (Set Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] = (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Number of units in (Units owned by Triggering_Player of type Wolve[5])) Not equal to 0) then do (Set Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] = (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
        If (Player_Check[(Player number of Triggering_Player)] Equal to 0) then do (Unit - Create 1 Dire Wolf for Triggering_Player at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
^ This is for unit choose, you have just make for every unit/ hero this trigger only change from events string and from actions unit what is created corresponding to string, all other things dosn' t need to change. Only someone could help you with removing memory leaks from this trigger because i don' t now how :rolleyes:
Now you got to ways to choose how to make it :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.