Campaign One War Campaign/Skirmish

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
One War

Ever wandered what Warcraft would be in an opposite dimension? Ever wandered what the races, the wars, and the plots would be? Well your in luck because One War is just that. One War is based in an Opposite Dimension of Warcraft 1, starting with the rise of the Crusaders, to the Downfall of the Dragonics, to the Opening of the dimensional Portals of the Sages, this is just the Campaign you've been waiting for. There are four races, The Crusaders (Like the Humans of Warcraft), The Outcasts (Like the Night Elf's of Warcraft), The Dragonics (Like the Orcs of Warcraft) and the Sages (Like the Undead Of Warcraft).

The story starts with the Crusaders Kings brother, Falcon. He has been sent into a dark forest above the Kingdom of the Seventh Kings. He was aided with a Battalion of Soldiers. As he gets deeper into the Dark forest he is Ambushed by a Dragonic Squadron, which is unusual because the Dragonics were sought to be Extinct. He Sends a letter to a young boy named Seth. Seth is given a quest to end the upcoming war that Falcon sees in the upcoming future. In the meantime border scouts on the beach have sent the king a warning of huge numbers of half human, half dragon soldiers marching from the dark forests of the mountain to the shores of the Kingdom of the Seventh Kings. This alarms the king so he sends an army to protect the shores and sets up a military base on a nearby island for ship bombardment from the seas.

The Crusaders now battle for months with the Dragonics until mysterious Wizards and Hell hounds sail to the battles from the sea, Demons, Elementals, Magical Auras, Wizards and more demonic creatures are dropped off the shores and decimate the kingdom. Portals pop out of nowhere and Demons destroy the Dragonic Villages. They conquer the lands and announce them selfs as the Sages. Their victory does not last long though, not too long after, a rebellious group of Crusaders called the Outcasts retake the lands and support the Crusaders back to their powerful glory. That is the most i can tell you, if you would like to know the rest of the story, wait for this campaign to come out =)

One War is like nothing you've ever played, each race has unique building methods, and very unique ability's. This will also feature Skirmish/Online Play maps so you can enjoy the Mystical Races of One War against a Computer or Online! Here is some information on each race:

Crusaders:
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Sea Support: Yes

Land Support: Yes

Air Support: Still deciding

Tiers: 4 or 3, not sure yet

Sea Units:

Sea Turtles
Tier: 1
Description: Fast amphibious Turtles, perfect for raiding bases early game but there weakness is that they have very low health.
Lore: The sea turtles were used in desperate attempts to invade military fortifications early in combat. They are fast, strong and amphibious but have low health making them vulnerable to higher tier units. Some of the mightiest Crusader Magicians put mind control spells on them and they have become a huge military success ever since.

Oil Tanker
Description: Small boats used to collect oil from Oil Derick's on the beaches shore. The oil is then traded for Gold. Weak and Vulnerable to attacks.
Lore: These boats were created for economical purposes. The Oil Tankers were created in times of desperate needs of Gold, since Lumber was not buying very high in the market, the Crusaders started to Drill for Oil in Oil Platforms scattered on the Beach Shores and in the Deep seas.

Slave Boat
Description: Slave Boats are used for Naval Operations on the Seas, they create Sea Buildings.
Lore: Slave Boats were created for Naval Operations on the Seas, Usually to build Large War Ships to Bombard the Shores.

Weeder
Description: The Weeder is a specialized Boat that can take down trees with there fire cannons, after they burn down the tree they extract any remaining Lumber (Lumber received is random and they can be used as a lumber drop off)
Lore: The Weeder is a specialized Boat that was created to take down trees with there automated fire cannons, after they burn down the tree they extract any remaining Lumber which is usually a random number. The Crusaders had to use these to burn down trees on the beaches fast, that way they could easily get any remaining Lumber.

Fishing Boat
Description: Fast and small, these wooden little boats go fishing in the sea for food. (As long as its alive it gives 2 food)
Lore: Fishing boats have been used ever since the rise of the Crusaders. They were created for economical purposes, especially since food was running low they needed a quick way to get food that was cheap and efficient. So they created the Fishing Boats.

Sea Bear
Tier: 1.5
Description: Slow and Amphibious, these Large Bears are used to tank there ways through the seas, Military Reports from the Crusaders say they are great to use with Sea Turtles. Kingbdogz Battle Report: These guys are not that great for doing damage, but trust me they are awesome tankers, and since they're Amphibious they can be used in the Sea aswell, i recommend using these with either Sea Turtles on Sea or Archers on Land (or if your on a high tier use Beserkers supported with Sea Bears on land).
Lore:

Cannon Ship
Description:
Lore:

Transport Ship
Description:
Lore:

Galleon
Tier: 2
Description:
Lore:

Frigate
Tier: 3
Description:
Lore:

Giant Sea Tortoise
Tier: 2.5
Description:
Lore:

Assault Dolphin
Description:
Lore:

Shark
Tier: 4
Description:
Lore:

Land Units:

Slave
Description:
Lore:

Bounty Hunter
Description:
Lore:

Swordsman
Description:
Lore:

Pikeman (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Archer (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Berserker
Description:
Lore:

Armored Bear
Description:
Lore:

Blademaster (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Spy
Description:
Lore:

Cavalry (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Assassin (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Knight (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Catapult (Name may change)
Tier: 3.5
Description:
Lore:

Onager (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Acid Thrower (May be canceled)
Description:
Lore:

Engineer
Tier: 3.5
Description:
Lore:

Air Units:
(I am still decided whether the Crusaders will have air, but if they do, they will only have 2 which will be:

War Blimp
Description:
Lore:

Assault Airship
Description:
Lore: )

Buildings:

Foundation
Description:
Lore:

House (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Barracks
Description:
Lore:

Lumber Mill
Description:
Lore:

Gold Mine
Description:
Lore:

Scout Tower (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Blacksmith
Description:
Lore:

Archer Range
Description:
Lore:

Stable
Description:
Lore:

Spy Academy
Description:
Lore:

Town Castle
Description:
Lore:

Sea Buildings:

Dock (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Breeding Cage
Description:
Lore:

Sea Tower
Description:
Lore:

War Bay (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

(At the moment there isn't many Sea Structures but i may add many more in future)

Dragonics:
Building Method:
Mostly Normal but sometimes your buildings are giant units (For Example a Dragon Mother)

Unit Production Method:
You must lay eggs with the Dragon Mother then they create Female dragons which can create eggs with Male Dragons, this can take a while so in return Dragonics are VERY powerful units and can decimate huge amounts of units with only a small group.

Air Support: Yes

Tiers: 6

Sea Units:
(Will update Later)

Land Units:

Dragonic Spawn (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:
Builds From: Dragon Mother

Female Dragon
Description:
Lore:
Builds From: It hatches out of an egg which the Mother Dragon creates.

Male Dragon
Description:
Lore:
Builds From: It hatches out of an egg which the Mother Dragon creates.

Dragonic Tankier
Description:
Lore:
Builds From: It hatches out of an egg which the Female Dragon creates.

Dragonic Blader
Description:
Lore:

Dragonic Spear Thrower
Description:
Lore:

Dragonic War Miner
Description:
Lore:

Mutated Spawn
Description:
Lore:
Builds From: It cannot be built, when a Mutated Egg is destroyed four more mutated spawn eggs pop out, 6 seconds later if they are still alive the eggs hatch into two Mutated Spawn each.

(More To Come)

Air Units:
(Will update Later)

Buildings:

Dragon Mother
Description:
Lore:
Built From: Cannot be built, you have to "Upgrade" a Female Dragon into a Mother Dragon.

Mutated Egg
Description:
Lore:
Built From: Male Dragon

Mutated Spawn
Description:
Lore:
Built From: It cannot be built, it's an egg that pops out of a Mutated Egg when it is destroyed.

(Will update more later)

Sea Buildings:
(Will update Later)

Outcasts:
Outcasts:

Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Tiers: 5

Sea Units:

(there is some but i will update later)

Land Units:
(Will update Later)

Air Units:
(Will update Later)

Buildings:
(Will update Later)

Sages:
Sages:

Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Tiers: 6

Sea Units:

(there is some but i will update later)

Land Units:
(Will update Later)

Air Units:
(Will update Later)

Buildings:
(Will update Later)

I have to go but i will type up more information later.

Give feedback and even criticizem would be good, because anyway to improve the story or anything is just what i need. And overall i need SUPPORT, id really appreciate it because usually when i create a map i always get stumped or not many people support it so i give up. But i guarantee i will finish it will your support. Pictures will be posted when i feel the Races are polished enough. I think im about 60% done. Also if anyone would like to help me create this campaign, please feel free to post a message on this thread and i thank you for your help.

EDIT: Added a little bit of info for now

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So... it's like an altered melee with basically everything new and custom?

Sounds cool! :) DRACONICS FTW!

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply =) i need all the support i can get. Yes the Dragonics are awesome =D Also, im adding new cheats to this campaign which will be even whackier then Wc3s cheats. All i can say is if you like giant chickens, fire, and nukes.. you will like them.

Btw i might add a few Pictures or two today so keep a look out.:D

EDIT: all races are up now, just got to add the units.
EDIT2: Added some more units in, once i add all the units i will get down to information. Btw it would be nice for people to say there opinions on this campaign/skirmish.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Update+Bump

All of The Crusaders units and buildings are nearly put up, just got to do a few more then i will start the information part.

EDIT: This week if i have the time i will polish up the Dragonics and Crusaders for a Skirmish Beta Map. It will Feature Dragonics and Crusaders, because i haven't started the Outcasts yet, and the Sages aren't quite ready yet because they need LOADS of balancing. At the moment they are just way too OP.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Bump

it's getting lonely in here is anyone interested in this at all? i know people don't like campaigns as much but this is skirmish as well. Any feed back would be appreciated.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
How can i give feed back if there is no map? Sounds good but no map = quite crap. Sorry crap was the only ryming word. Put the map up and i will have a look :thup:

kingbdogz

Reaction score
How can i give feed back if there is no map? Sounds good but no map = quite crap. Sorry crap was the only ryming word. Put the map up and i will have a look :thup:

The map will come as soon as possible but right now it's not polished enough. I'm not asking for feedback on the map, im asking for feedback on the idea itself.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
sorry for the huge slow down on updates.
So far ive done ALOT nonstop, especially balance. Every day i play about 6 games on lan with my bro and he loves it. At the moment it is really hard to balance and at the same time keep each race unique and have diversity between each race. So if anyone would like to help me i would appreciate it alot. Btw ive been doing alot of polishing on crusaders and they are nearly finished.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
bump

UPDATE!
I fixed the crusaders techtree on the front post, it was really outdated, fixing dragonics now.
EDIT: k done Dragonics, alot more units now and two new buildings which have a nice ability.
So this is what ive found out so far. My personal favourate and i think it always will be is the Dragonics, the way i envisioned them is how i created them. You start off with 5 Dragonic Spawns, a Dragon Mother, and a Mutated Egg. The Dragon Mother can create Male Dragon, Female Dragon, and Dragonic Tankier eggs. The Mutated Egg gives 6 population and has a twist, when it is destroyed it drops 4 eggs which hatch into 8 Mutated Spawn after 6 seconds. To balance this i made the build time for the Mutated Egg very long and it's health is very high, so it's not like you can spam free unit's. Atm in the latest Dragonic build i would get 3 of my Dragonic Spawns mining gold, oh yeah i didn't tell you yet. Well ive added a new gold mechanic. On the map there will be gold ores scattered in some places, usually right next to your base. When you mine gold ore you do not need to go back to drop it off it is automatic, so far ive made it every hit a slave/dragonic spawn does it gives 6 gold, it seems overpowered but trust me 6 gold is nothing and even with 20 slaves/dragonic spawns on gold ores you will still need to expand onto oil derricks on the seas. Anyway so i get 3 spawns onto gold ore and 2 on wood.

Then i build a female dragon egg then a male dragon egg. Wait for them to hatch then when the Female dragon hatches wait until you can build a War Miner (100g 500w). These War Miners not only are great artillery units but are the best miners in the game, each hit they do to a gold ore they get 35 gold which is huge. But it all balances out. First of all nearly every unit on the dragonics are 500g and above and thats tier 1.5. Also the Spawns only collect 20 wood at a time where Slaves (from Crusaders) carry up to 200 wood which gives them a huge advantage, but Crusaders, unlike the Dragonics, only have Slaves to mine gold which is only 6, giving the Dragonics an economical advantage on the gold side but the Crusaders have an economical advantage on the wood side. The war Miners attack is a bolt of lightning that has huge range and huge attack, but it's weakness is it can't attack close up units and has very very low health, trust me i tryed spamming like 8 of them (which took a considerably long amount of time) and they got killed in two seconds, but then i tryed mixing them with a few Bladers and put the War Miners at the back, they were brilliant.

A new ability i gave the Bladers is that first they do not regenerate health, but instead when they attack they gain health by attacking a unit. I am still toying around with this ability and atm it seems to work. I am not sure if it will stay tho cos it is sometimes hard to counter, but then again if you are Crusaders and just put a few Sea Bears at the front and Archers at the back they usually kill them fairly fast. So id say there counter is fast, ranged attacks.

Well that is all i can tell atm im kinda busy ill get back later and finish this post. All im gonna say is so far this is a very fun melee map.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
BUMP!
just doing a quick update, i know from the looks of it people don't really care about this cos they cannot get a glimpse or play at it so im creating an epic trailer which i will post in a couple of days, it will show off the Crusaders, the Sages, and the Dragonics, no outcasts for now because they are not even finished enough to be called a race. Anyway it will be a pretty epic and awesome trailer with some cool battles and music. Just check in every now and then and it should be posted soon, thanks for your support!

Also just a quick note that ive updated the Sages tech tree, something new ive added is that the tech tree is chosen by you, there is two branches, the offensive and fiery branch is called the Corrupt, the defensive and lightness branch is called the Elder.

L

Llama-fish

Yay!

I'm the random dude who comes up with basic artwork and ideas Yay! (no im not on drugs):nuts:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Especially the Dragonic race.^^ When will a beta be released?

L

Llama-fish

Hi

If anyone reads this I need evil insect concepts before kingbdogz sacks me

L

Llama-fish

oops

wrong thread please dont fire me!!!:banghead::banghead:

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thank you Llama fish for helping me i appreciate your concepts and your ideas, Kazuga, you can expect a beta maybe this week or next week, but as i see some are interested i may aswell give you a little more info.

So ive talked about the Cusaders and the Dragonics, but i have not talked about the Sages or Outcasts yet. I will talk about the Sages today. The sages are completely different to the other races. The first main difference is that they have two "modes". These modes are like playstyles and give the player a little more choice to what type of strategy they would like to harrass their opponant with. The two modes are Eldar and Corrupt. The Corrupt are a dark side, they have corrupting creatures that convert enemy units, and use dark elements. But the Elder use summoning and light elements, which has a more defensive gamestyle, where the Corrupt have a aggressive playstyle. The second main difference is they summon seals which can teleport units and buildings instantly to the seal, but for balance reasons of course the seal desperses straight away, but the coolest thing about these seals is they are invisible. This gives some cool surprise attacks and surprise defenses. Imagine having some seals on your border of your base then all the sudden 20 elementals pop out of nowhere and start attacking your enemys army. Well thats the most i can say for now, please feel free to suggest any ideas or mechanics i am more then willing to add them.

Just so you know Llama-Fish, don't post twice in a row it is against the forum rules, thanks.

L

Llama-fish

fine anyone want a basic concept artist i work for free

fine anyone want a basic concept artist i work for free

L

Llama-fish

kool

thanks tell some people(modders) about my other thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.