Opening an awkward designed computer case...and probably others

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Me and my class are having a course about prying open a computer case and its hardware accessories.

I had stumbled upon a case where the front cover is locked in completely. It felt like if you pry it by force, you would break the plastic hook the case used to lock itself with. There's only one side cover that can be opened.

It looked like a box with only one opening. All other sides are glued together tightly.

There are no obvious ways or anything that gives a hint on how to open it correctly. At the time I posted this, my professor is on leave, which means I have to wait for 4 days for him to come back.

What should I do?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Also maybe you can post a few pictures of the case and we might be able to help.
Before you posted, I had asked my classmate and let her see my case. She said there's a rusty bolt behind the shelf (where you put the DVD/CD Drive, Hard drive, etc. in) causing the front cover not to loosen. It was initially not designed to let anyone else dismantle the computer, so the bolt was hidden from view and it's hard to screw it out.

So, instead of a sledgehammer, we grab a specialized screwdriver that is bent at 90 degrees, and worked our way until the cover came off. (How many of you guys had bought this one?)

images

So, thanks to the 2nd post.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.