Opening Blizzard's campaigns

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Get yourself a mpq editor, open up wa3.mpq or war3x.mpq, and simply just extract the campaign you want.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Where could I get one? Is it something I can download at hiveworkshop (bah wc3sear was better)?

Mandrilx

Reaction score
You can look under MPQ in the Useful tools thread for one :)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47918

MPQ
The software that handles MoPaQ archives, Warcraft 3 maps are in this group as well.

Magos' Model Editor aptly handles MPQ as well in a very easy to use tree dropdown system. It's also very fast. You can open the models/blps you find or export them to a folder as well.

WinMPQ (created by Shadowflare)
Probably the most famous out there. Not really fast, but gets the job done and is quite stable. Not being developed anymore.

PowerMPQ (created by Wilds)
Can be considered as the improved WinMPQ (its a different application though), faster and with more features.

MPQEditor (created by Ladislav Zezula)
Stable, fast, gets the job done. What more do you want?

MPQMaster (created by Soar)
The fastest out there, but with a couple of bugs. Currently its developer is MIA so it is unknown if the tool or its library are still being worked on.

SFMPQ (created by Shadowflare)
The core library of WinMPQ, again slow but gets the job done. Like WinMPQ its not being developed anymore, but still has its reputation and is most widely used. If you don't know what this is then you probably don't need it.

StormLib (created by Ladislav Zezula)
The core library of MPQEditor. Not to be confused with Warcraft's Storm.dll.

MPQLib (created by Soar)
The core library of MPQMaster.

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Get yourself a mpq editor, open up wa3.mpq or war3x.mpq, and simply just extract the campaign you want.

I got PowerMPQ now (finally) and been looking around in all the .mpq files in Warcraft, but couldn't find any campaign except for the one that you can open anyway with normal campaign editor (the DemoCampaign, for those that don't know the one with thrall in the maelstorm).

Does anyone know where these files then would be? Or what would the campaign file name be? I thought campaigns were w3n but couldn't find any exept for above...
Thanks in advance

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Expansion campaigns are located in war3local.mpq, original campaign is located in war3.mpq, most of them are named Maps\Campaign\*Name*.w3m

Quauhtli

Reaction score
And where would I find the acts two and three of the Orc Bonus campaign?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I'm sure you have some old patch laying around, like 1.18, 1.19 or so (won't work with 1.21). Extract Patch_War3x.mpq
The maps are in there.

Quauhtli

Reaction score
I hit the Ctrl F button in Program Files. Sadly after searching it couldn't find any Patch_War3x.mpq

It's probably because I had to reinstall my computer two times in the last one or two years. And I'm guessing the repatch was just about before the reinstall... bleh.

Is there anyone that can upload one of the mpqs for me? :)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
I hit the Ctrl F button in Program Files. Sadly after searching it couldn't find any Patch_War3x.mpq

It's probably because I had to reinstall my computer two times in the last one or two years. And I'm guessing the repatch was just about before the reinstall... bleh.

Is there anyone that can upload one of the mpqs for me? :)

To the bolded: Heh, that's cause the file is called War3patch.mpq.

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Okay thanks, I found a few maps, although all labeled with unknown. Opening them they appeared to all be pieces of the campaign so :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.