[ORPG] Rangers ORPG [Recruiting]

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I, Sevion, am recruiting members to take part in the creation of Rangers ORPG.

Details

There is a mysterious group of rouges that prey on the evils of this world. They come in five different kinds. Assassins, known for their ability to vanish into the shadows, are one of the kind. Paladins, known for the demons he smites, are another. The third and most well-known kind of Ranger is the Warrior who is a cunning one adept at dealing massive damage and known to have greater stamina than any man or creature. Another kind is the Cleric, who can heal any wound. Lastly we have the Wizard, who can control the four elements using charms and incantations. Lately there have been disturbances and a new greater evil has emerged from the underworld, Lazarus. He is a daemon of incalculable power. He scrounges the land building his army and will charge towards Middle Earth from the gate to the underworld destroying everything in his and his demonic army's path. The Rangers must stop him! In order to get to him, you must defeat his three generals: Malcio the Destroyer, Lyra the Terrible, and Zeinuth the Dreadful. (Names will be revised if I get any more suggestions) There are many people and celestial beings in this world who will help you on this journey. All they ask in payment is for you to continue doing what you do best: Reaping Evil.

Team

Developer-Sevion

Organizer-Sevion

Terrainer- Sevion

Coder- 43Berries, NoobleT (A.K.A. nll)

Custom Units-Sevion, 43Berries

Custom Sounds-43Berries

Custom Abilities-Sevion

Custom Items-[Pending]

Custom Artwork-NoobleT(A.K.A. nll)

Anyone else that wishes to take up a spot can do so by contacting me.

Heroes
Note: Maximum level will be 100.

Purple = Regular Skills
Navy = Ultimate Skills

Skills will be balanced out if they turn out too strong. My current idea is that the bosses will have divine armor and enough health so that these high numbers don't really seem so high when you use them on the bosses.

Assassin - Role: DPS - Primary Stat: Agility

Skills

Vanish:
Rank 1: The Assassin vanishes from view and fades into the shadows. When he attacks a target he deals 2x damage to his target and dazes the unit. Lasts 10 seconds.
Rank 2: The Assassin vanishes from view and fades into the shadows. When he attacks a target he deals 2.5x damage to his target and dazes the unit. Lasts 15 seconds.
Rank 3: The Assassin vanishes from view and fades into the shadows. When he attacks a target he deals 3x damage to his target and dazes the unit. Lasts 20 seconds.

Assassinate:
Rank 1: The Assassin strikes the target's vital organs dealing five times his agility plus 500 damage to the target.
Rank 2: The Assassin strikes the target's vital organs dealing six times his agility plus 2000 damage to the target.
Rank 3: The Assassin strikes the target's vital organs dealing seven times his agility plus 5000 damage to the target.

Perforate:
Rank 1: The Assassin perforates the target's arteries causing it to bleed uncontrollably dealing ten times his agility over 10 seconds.
Rank 2: The Assassin perforates the target's arteries causing it to bleed uncontrollably dealing twelve times his agility over 10 seconds.
Rank 3: The Assassin perforates the target's arteries causing it to bleed uncontrollably dealing fourteen times his agility over 10 seconds.

Riposte:
Rank 1: The Assassin quickly lunges at his target dealing eight times his agility plus 5000 damage. Becomes available after parrying.
Rank 2: The Assassin quickly lunges at his target dealing nine times his agility plus 10000 damage. Becomes available after parrying.
Rank 3: The Assassin quickly lunges at his target dealing ten times his agility plus 15000 damage. Becomes available after parrying.

Paladin - Role: Healer Tank - Primary Stat: Strength

Skills

Cleanse:
Rank 1: The Paladin's holy powers emanate a powerful aura that heals all allied units in range by 0.05% of each unit's total HP per second.
Rank 2: The Paladin's holy powers emanate a powerful aura that heals all allied units in range by 0.10% of each unit's total HP per second.
Rank 3: The Paladin's holy powers emanate a powerful aura that heals all allied units in range by 0.15% of each unit's total HP per second.

Mend:
Rank 1: This blessing will stay on the Paladin until dispelled. Heals 0.10% of the Paladin's current health per second. Costs 10 mana per second.
Rank 2: This blessing will stay on the Paladin until dispelled. Heals 0.20% of the Paladin's current health per second. Costs 20 mana per second.
Rank 3: This blessing will stay on the Paladin until dispelled. Heals 0.30% of the Paladin's current health per second. Costs 30 mana per second.

Smite:
Rank 1: The Paladin smites the targeted for three times his strength plus 1000 damage. Damage is increased 10% on undead units.
Rank 2: The Paladin smites the targeted for four times his strength plus 2000 damage. Damage is increased 15% on undead units.
Rank 3: The Paladin smites the targeted for five times his strength plus 3000 damage. Damage is increased 20% on undead units.

Rebirth:
Rank 1: If the Paladin is slain, he will be revived in 10 seconds with 50% health and 50% mana.
Rank 2: If the Paladin is slain, he will be revived in 10 seconds with 60% health and 60% mana.
Rank 3: If the Paladin is slain, he will be revived in 10 seconds with 70% health and 70% mana.

Warrior - Role: Tank - Primary Stat: Strength

[Skills Pending]

Cleric - Role: Healer - Primary Stat: Intelligence

[Skills Pending]

Wizard - Role: Support - Primary Stat: Intelligence

[Skills Pending]

Change Log

Code:
Sunday, May 25, 2008: Project Started
Sunday, May 25, 2008: Assassin recorded
Monday, May 26, 2008: Cleanse skill recorded for Paladin
Monday, May 26, 2008: Map Terrain started
Tuesday, May 27, 2008: Paladin recorded
Tuesday, May 27, 2008: Primary Stats recorded
Tuesday, May 27, 2008: Fabioz recruited
Tuesday, May 27, 2008: Screenshots added
Wednesday, May 28, 2008: Recruited 43Berries
Saturday, May 31, 2008: Fabioz deemed as "Main Terrainer"
Thursday, June 19, 2008: Fabioz resigned. Reason: No time.
Tuesday, July 2, 2008: NoobleT (A.K.A. n[u]ll) recruited

Screenshots
CityEntrance2-full;init:.jpg

Forest1-full;init:.jpg

Progress

Terrain-5%
||||||||||||||||||||
Triggers-0%
||||||||||||||||||||
Units-5%
||||||||||||||||||||
Abilities-0%
||||||||||||||||||||

This idea is still maturing and will not begin for some time. I still need recruits to help.

Please post here. That is where the project originates and where I'll be working mostly.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I would like to help.

List of what I can do:
-GUI triggering
-Item creation
-Hero creation
-Modeling (may take a little bit of time if you want a animated model)
-Terraining (I can show you some terrain if you want)
-Other basic stuff

If your intrested in recruiting me, PM me, or post on this thread.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, I'll need JASS triggering. I'm decent at it, but not good at writing effective code. GUI will work, but we'll need a JASSer as well. As for Items you're recruited. For Terrain, show me what you can do and we'll see.

P.S. Create a profile on this forums as that's where I will be working most and will be most up to date.

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Sunday, May 25, 2008: Project Started
Sunday, May 25, 2008: Assassin recorded
Monday, May 25, 2008: Cleanse skill recorded for Paladin
Monday, May 25, 2008: Map Terrain started
Tuesday, May 25, 2008: Paladin recorded
Tuesday, May 25, 2008: Primary Stats recorded
Tuesday, May 25, 2008: Fabioz recruited

> Uhm, is it me or is every day here the 25th of May?

Doesn't sound too bad, just add some screenshots maybe.

43Berries

What I could do extremely efficiently:
GUI systems
item creation
unit editing
model editing
sound creation
sound editing
terrain
node editing
vertex editing

PM me if you're interested

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Bump.

Change:
Code:
Saturday, May 31, 2008: Fabioz deemed as "Main Terrainer"

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Bump.

Sad news guys. The project will be postponed until further notice. Fabioz has resigned from the team. His reason: No time.

Code:
Thursday, June 19, 2008: Fabioz resigned. Reason: No time.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Bump.

OK. NoobleT, A.K.A. nll, has been recruited. I'm still looking for people to help in this project. This project won't die. Please make contact with me either here or on here. I'd really appreciate the help. Everyone will be helpful no matter what they do. I'd also like if someone could help post ideas.

131ackout

Nice project, althought the screenshots are big. Good luck ;)

131ackout

> Thursday, June 19, 2008: Fabioz resigned. Reason: No time.

Shame on him... Good thing you got a new member. :rolleyes:

Plus, do you need any ideas for the abilities? PM, if you want to so. :)

kay-p

Reaction score
this is a very small tip from me, but make all the abilities and skills in matching colours. if an assasin is red make his abilities and skills in a red tone, etc for the rest, you get my point. it gives a much more proffesional look.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If you mean in the post, it looks fine to me. :p If you mean in the game, I guess It'd look good in the tooltips. But I prefer the color scheme I have already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.