OS messing up - randomly minimized full screens and unactive windows

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know where exactly it started, and I have no idea how...
A few days ago, kinda.
I also googled it, and found nothing, nothing even remotely similar...

So if I play a game (doesn't matter what), from time to time it just minimizes. It's like when you press Alt+Tab (I obviously don't), except there isn't that little thing in the middle of the screen that shows where do you switch active window.

And when... I make a post like this, or write an e-mail, with the same frequency, the window goes "not active" - I can't type anymore, and the colored "thing" (I don't know it's name, you know, The Helper Forums - Post New Thread - <Browser Name>) goes gray..

Although I have no problems going back, it is still very annoying...

At first I thought the Windows Key was somehow stuck (well not the button, because I've torn them out years ago), so I disabled it, but the problem is still there.

What do you make out of it? Thank you in advance..

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Are you pressing any specific keys on your keyboard when it happens?

I had a similiar problem a couple of years back when my old keyboard broke, it sent the wrong signals to the OS sometimes and strangely enought caused that problem.

Have you run a Virus scan lately tho? Just in case it is a virus of some sort?

Faust

Reaction score
Not pressing any specific keys... absolutely random. I don't even have to press a key.
And I don't think any virus would be designed to do just this... and I'm using AVG, which kept me safe for years, since I began to use it. It's like stapling a condom on your penis.

No, I'm not using iTunes.

It's goddamn raping my cpu, if I'm running a game that was made after 2004...

Faust

Reaction score
I discovered something, it happens every 30 minutes.
I start the game (full screen), 30 minutes passed, it's minimized. I can wait a few minutes, restore the window, and it goes minimized again 30 minutes after restoring.

I tried stopping all programs that run normally (msn messenger, deamon tools, etc) and it still did...
Yesterday night it stopped for a while... I have no idea how, I didn't do anything.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Dude, AVG kept you safe from viruses, yes, but it is probably the thing causing the problem here:p
Have you tried updating it lately?
What version do you have?

AVG seems to be aware of the problem and the only current solution is to uninstall AVG and install it again with the latest installation from their home-page, this was in June though, so you could try to update it and see if that gives any luck.

I hope it helps:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.