Overview of my RPG

BrokenX

Reaction score
Hey, this is what I got done for terrian so far, tell me what you think, don't be affraid to give honest answers i promise i won't tense up on suggestions or comments...

BrokenX

V

ViralGuard

It looks Very Good to be honest! :) Now make a terrain for my RPG:D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok im gonan be serious and not lie

wow broken i thought u were a good terrainer but to be honest that sucks man i think you could do way better

.LOL jking thats some nice tarrain its really cool

ps how did u attach such a large file

BrokenX

Reaction score
The map is going to be covered with fog and stuff it would be useless to put my name in trees, and besides isn't that what minimaps and loading screens are for :).

BrokenX

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah if you have photoshop or something similar that can save in .jpg that makes it a smaller file in some ways then make it have about 50% quality... and you should be able to upload it.

BrokenX

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
56k, I have no clue what you're talking about. I can see about...3 tilesets in there. Grass, dirt, and what I think is either trees, leaves, or dark grass, or something...

Anyway, I like it.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Thanks Alexander, but hes right I only used one tileset, but I did use different trees ;). Haha, don't worry im coloring it up now making terrian cliff sides look a bit different :).

BrokenX

DM Cross

Reaction score
Hmm, if you only used one(1) tile, what's the light brown? It can't be all dead trees...(Can it?)

DM Cross

Reaction score
HA! So technically, there ARE two(2) types of tilesets! Dirt and grass! :p Loophole!

...Yeah, I know, that had nothing to do with anything...

BrokenX

Reaction score
Oh well, overall it looks good :D, time for triggerering and custom units :( and other stuffs :(. And the old fashion steak out!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-- Don't ask about the last part.

BrokenX

M

Marksman

Looks nice. I assume that the heros will do a lot of travelling by boat? Cause that bumpy terrain does not look very traversible. TECHNICALLY, there are more than just one tilesets, but only tiny amounts of each, Im_on_56k is pointing out that for the most part the map looks the same. There is so much bumpy terrain, is there enough space for creeps and bosses and such?

BrokenX

Reaction score
Most of them will yes, accept for the first island that is attached near the harbour there, the terrian that is bumpy usually is some sort of moutain form if you look deeper in there is plenty of room for creeps and other types, the big circle thing will be something for all of the lost legonds and stuff probly a corrupted hero or something :p.

BrokenX

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Raises hand* I've a question...

How big is that map? Not file size, but like...Camera size, What X What type of thing. And is it Medium, Large, Epic?

Curiousity...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Large-Epic I'd say. Look at em cliffs and relate them with the rest of the map.

Nice Doodad intricacy. The next step I'd say is to do the same with your loading screen, preview screen, and your terrain (plain whilst your doodads symmetric; if your camera view is rather upclose, terrain complexity is a lot more noticeable than doodad complexity). As for your archways, I had an idea which I've been using for my LoaP you can use for ultra _#%&in cool Archway lanes. With your Archways in their line, put more archways with their ends and starts between those archways so that you basically have a segmented frame. Then, with those new Archways, create Wall Lows and angle them and scale them to be REALLY tall whilst being rather thin. Finally, you can put wall end talls at about scale 200 (uniform--all three ways. But, you might want to make the Z axis, the up and down of the Blizzard axis system, a little bigger) where the archways touch each other and the walls.

I can't quite describe what I mean, but look at this....

And this is just a suggestion. Use your own cool doodad methods :D

BrokenX

Reaction score
Alexander said:
*Raises hand* I've a question...

How big is that map? Not file size, but like...Camera size, What X What type of thing. And is it Medium, Large, Epic?

Curiousity...

Ummm its as big as it can be so, whatever that means 256 by 256 lolz its really hard fitting doodads in and making things look so natural with limited resources.
Also Rinpun i got no clue what your talking about man i lost track of what you were trying to say alls i got was make your doodads interesting...

BrokenX

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I was suggesting a cool wall you could use for the bridge to the island.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Ah, I understand now :p... i don't really know were u mean... nvm there is only one bridge lol... but that one is broken that wouldn't make sense :S... explain more. In the bottom left of the screenshot you can see open area of grass there, there will be a blacksmith going in there :).

BrokenX

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.