World Pakistan welcomes Terrorist, joins the Axis of Evil

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistani government officials announced Monday an agreement with the Taliban to allow strict Islamic law, or sharia, to be implemented in parts of North West Frontier Province.

Delegation members of pro-Taliban leader Soofi Mohammad at a meeting in Peshawar Monday.

It marks a major concession by the Pakistani government in its attempt to hold off Taliban militants who have terrorized the region with beheadings, kidnappings, and the destruction of girls' schools.

The government will recognize sharia for the entire Malakand Division, which includes the Swat district -- a two-hour drive from Pakistan's capital, Islamabad -- the chief minister of North West Frontier Province Amir Haider Hoti announced Monday in a news conference. Islamic law is already being practiced in the area, where the Taliban have control.

Hoti said the people of the region want sharia which will fill the "vacuum" left by a lack of access to Pakistan's judicial system. He said he hoped it would bring peace to the region, where Pakistani forces have battled militants aligned with the Taliban.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlowingKush

Reaction score
Great. A nuclear armed nation now legally allows terrorist networks to live under its umbrella of protection. They raped, slaughtered, and beheaded their way in. I guess thats one way to get a permanent Visa.

Can someone explain to me what the hell we are doing in Aghanistan?

Why aren't we invading this fucking country? Fuck Pakistan.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Oh god... Too much news in one article...

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Why aren't we invading this fucking country? Fuck Pakistan.

"You" are not going to kick their asses because they've got those things called "nuclear weapons". That seems to be enough to keep the American warmongers nice and quiet.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
US missle interceptors based in Iraq and Aghanistan and our laser fitted c-120 aircraft would dominate any launch before any missle came close to completing its boost stage.

We just don't go in because it would be another vietnam.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
We just don't go in because it would be another vietnam.
Well, there you go. You answered your question :)
Also, it would be harder to find support from other countries, as unlike Afghanistan - which was harbouring Osama bin Laden (allegedly) and was outside the influence of western powers - Pakistan has a government which is somewhat friendlier to world powers.
Also, if the UK were to take part it would cause uproar (in the UK) - there is a large population of Muslims who come from Pakistan, and not just recent migrants. It would give Al Qaeda a far larger base of support in the UK.

And trim the article :)

BlowingKush

Reaction score
So basically the Taliban have western civilization in checkmate.

Screw that, we should carpet bomb Western Pakistan, and then build a major US base there with 250,000 troops and an airport.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Screw that, we should carpet bomb Western Pakistan, and then build a major US base there with 250,000 troops and an airport.
You know what, we aren't overstretching our resources already or anything like that. Why not blanket half a country with conventional weapons and field 250,000 more troops?

Oh yea, as for our missile defences? When you're talking liquid-fuel cruise missiles, yea, we totally got this covered. But when a nation is toting massive solid-fuel long-range ballistic missiles? I don't want to take that chance. HELL no. We're not really sure of the capacities of those weapons; for all we know, the warhead will come streaking down covered in entry by decoy material in biblical proportions. It's like Where's Waldo, except that everything on the page is flying past you at 7000 m/s and if you don't nail waldo with an interception device, something dies in a huge fireball. Even lasers might not work, since you still need to TRACK the bloody thing, and some reentry vehicles are quite well shielded. We MIGHT be able to shoot them down. I dunno. On the other hand, we might not. It's not a risk that anyone wants to take.

Of course, that assumes that they would actually use the nukes, which is full of dubiousness.

It's more just that it would be a Vietnam thing, except that we're already occupying two countries to begin with. Though, at this point, we may have already lost our cause. If, this many years into a guerilla war, the opposition leadership is cutting official deals with recognized nations via subduing thier authority...Yea, something isn't going all that well.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
I believe that having terrorist with such close ties to the Pakistan government is too great of risk for the American people not to act on. Sooner or later terrorist will get into power. We might as well kill them now while we have geographic strategic advantage.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I believe that having terrorist with such close ties to the Pakistan government is too great of risk for the American people not to act on. Sooner or later terrorist will get into power. We might as well kill them now while we have geographic strategic advantage.
It sucks, but it seems to me that launching a conventional strike on a state that fields advanced nuclear weaponry is a far greater risk than allowing said nation to have small ties to an organization that uses terror. Keeping in mind that Pakistan doesn't actually like the Taliban, it seems like trying to force Pakistan to allow full-scale US intervention in their affairs would be far less costly. Even that would of course be difficult and questionable in likelyhood of success, but it seems far easier than going all-out carpet bombing would be.

CatCat

Reaction score
They are still people. I wonder why they are acting the way they are.
I don't agree with the statement that they are all stupid that's a generalization.
I'm sure if we don't react in an ignorant manner we could all come to a compromise.

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is setting a dangerous precedent for the terrorist groups and Islamic extremists in the area. Now, others may beleive they can use force to scare their government into giving them power (at least more so than before). Either way, it’s not like the government wanted this to happen. It lacked the resources to combat the extremists. Western civilization really needs to step up and help these governments out or this will only get worse.

On a side note…even the Mexican government is on the verge of collapsing leaving the drug cartels to dominate the country. We really need to do something soon.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
This is no government anywhere in the world that could or would provide the financial backing to stop Mexicos, Irans, North koreas, Aghanistan, and Pakistans networks. It is time to face the reality that this world is fucked. I know its sad, but I think it's true.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
yup cluster fucked on 2012
2013 or bust i say
or we make them get some balls and man up and nuke the terrorists :)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
This thread is littered with trolls.

LOL. In a way, that's true, but people have their own opinions, ideas and speculations, of course. As for me, I just hope that everything will be sorted out eventually. I don't think this "war" will last forever until the sun explodes or something. :)

D

dalmauvais

Keeping in mind that Pakistan doesn't actually like the Taliban, it seems like trying to force Pakistan to allow full-scale US intervention in their affairs would be far less costly. Even that would of course be difficult and questionable in likelyhood of success, but it seems far easier than going all-out carpet bombing would be.

I don't know if that statement is completely true. The Pakistani ISI has been funneling money to the Taliban and it's predecessors for years. At one point during the Russian invasion, when we were giving money and Stinger missiles to Osama and his mujahideen buddies, the ISI held on to a bunch of that money and missiles. Then when the Russians left, we paid them exorbitant amounts of money to get the missiles back. Where do you think that money went? Right back into Taliban coffers. The problem in Pakistan is that the government is riddled with people in key positions (military, police, administrative) who have loyalties that lie with the Taliban. There's a good book on all this called "Ghost Wars' which talks about the history of Afghanistan from the last day of the Soviet invasion all the way up to 9/10/2001. Interesting reading.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.