"Pick Every Unit" Question

Fluffball

Reaction score
Well, I was looking around some Jump and Knockback spells, and I noticed everybody was having trouble making the spell MUI and stuff. I had a crazy idea that you could add the unit to a Unit group, then in the periodic trigger, pick every unit it the unit group, and move them like that.

I was just wondering whether this was because "Pick Every Unit" is slow, or it creates too much lag or what?

EDIT: Would it create less lag to have more knockback functions in 1 periodic trigger or have separate periodic triggers?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Pick every unit isn't slow or lags. it only lags if there are too many picked units in the group.
Would it create less lag to have more knockback functions in 1 periodic trigger or have separate periodic triggers?
Seperate... Too many functions in one periodic trigger will cause heavy lag

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I had a crazy idea that you could add the unit to a Unit group

Hmmm... This idea isn't new anymore. It's kind of widely used to make MUI stuff. My Weapons Spellpack teaches this method. Also, Flare's GUI-MUI method uses Unit Group to make MUI possible. And they are often used in periodic triggers. So, to answer your question, I would say it won't cause much lag or slow in response. Some obvious lags are inevitable and depending on what actions are used.

By the way, knockback trigger is hard to do via GUI. Better to do it in JASS (or GUI-MUI but it's not advisable, I guess). Because it's hard for you to detect the direction of propagation. You'll understand when you do it :).

Fluffball

Reaction score
Code:
(Angle Facing of (Picked Unit)) - 180

Well, I'm going to learn JASS (Or atleast give it a massive try) after I release my map.

Sorry, I didn't look through ALL of you're codes of you're weapons pack (nice pack btw). Well, at least I know I'm not crazy :D

BTW, is there a way to pick units that are only illusions?

EDIT: Thanks vypur
and i guess Angle from (Position of Unit) and (Position of Unit) isn't MUI in this case. :eek:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> (Angle Facing of (Picked Unit)) - 180

What if the your hero whacks the unit from the back and then it starts knockback? (In fact, it will become 'Knockfront' :p).

You will have to compare angle between points in order to achieve nice knockback angle. And this is the hard part to make it MUI.

Edit:
> that are only illusions?
There is a Boolean that checks if the unit picked is an Illusion. Also, Illusion spawn can be detected as 'A unit summons a unit' event. When this event fires, check the Boolean and then add the unit to your desired Unit Group.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.