Player Number of (****) IS SO USEFULL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps I wanted to see how interested people were before I wrote a tutorial?

If I had, judging by the lack of other replies, it would have been a waste.
Besides, according to you basic functions would be a waste to write a tutorial on.

Thanks for wasting my time, have a good day.
As i stated above already, functions like these are very useful and used frequently. They are basic, but a newbie is still in need of learning how to use them correctly.
Just the way you were trying to write this thread was a wrong decision.
You could have really started writing a turtorial about MPI triggering, or you could have asked us other members what we would think about such a turtorial. You could have asked if any good turtorials about these functions exist on the site yet and if somebody has an interest in you writing one.

The amount of "negative", as you put it, comes from the hillarious first post which sounds like a newby who just finished his first MPI skill and wants to tell everybody how great the editor is. This is not intended to be an insult, it is just how the thread appears to me and the reason for my response.

As you saw from the other peoples responses many seem to be thinking alike.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Are you referring to Tinker's response? That was disregarded.

I already apologized for the initial post.

I simply felt that the Function was so useful for me at the time (of night) that it deserved an entire post.
It's a mistake, not a crime.

-

Let me get one thing clear first, are you responding to me as a user or to this post?

Dirac

Reaction score
Hes responding to your post.
And either if you were trying to encourage people to learn, MPI is not the appropiate way of doing things... MUI is, and not because every coder that cares a damn about their code does it, is because the flexibility it has allows the user to give any direction to the use of the spell as needed. Not to mention that MUI is so easy to reach via vJass programming.
And yes i've seen other people trying to teach others through marvelous threads posted in the WEHZ, they all end up like this.
If there was anything that new users should be encouraged to is to learn vJass, they have really no idea how fast you code using it (i can code a fully MUI spell in less than 2 minutes using existant systems posted online, most of them coded by me, without bugs and with an epic efficiency and fast performance)

Having said that i hope this thread ends

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Without the use of vJass, MPI is quicker than MPI in a team game based on single unit per player.
Which is fairly common in my case.
That is why i said it was useful and efficient.

I suppose that is my opinion though.

I'm done here though, for some reason I remembered accname as such a decent user before.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if we really drift into a discussion about vJass vs GUI this will never come to an end.

@Inflicted:
I am sorry if you feel hurt about what i have said, i was trying to be honest with you.
When i told you this felt like spam it really was my opinion and no matter what i do, i cant change it because i cant change reality.
But as i said above, nobody would ever try to prevent you from writing a turtorial about MPI'ness of triggers and how to use the editor functions. It is just, that this does not belong into this sub-forum in my opinion.

It isnt my intention to sound rude, although many people seem to feel different about it. It is hard to hit the right tone when discussing things on the internet because you cannot make something sound like you would like it to sound. People will receive your words differently depending on their mood and the situation and misunderstanding is common.
You should not take anything said on the internet personally in general.

You should not "fear" discussions about whether such a post was justified or not either, because actually we are pretty laid-back people around here. Some of us, including me obviously, just like to talk, and share our thoughts and opinions. And many times the views are opposing.

The best thing really is to relax and not to try to put too much meaning into threads like these here.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

o_O

I think sufficient talk has been going on about nothingness. Move on lads, nothing to see here, as said at the end of post #25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.