Player1 opponents non existant in actual gameplay.

mpksingh

Reaction score
I am beginner in map making.Without knowing anything about the codes and other finer points, I have made a couple of unfinished maps. In actual gameplay, opponents of Player1 are nowhere to be seen despite putting them in place and the result is a won game without a fight.

Would anyone please help me solve this problem?

Regards.

robinremue

Reaction score
Well couldn't it be the other way around? If he made a melee map it's possible that the starting melee triggers are missing thus no starting units are made.

If that is the problem, just export/import those from a regular melee map.

mpksingh

Reaction score
Player1 opponents are non-existant in actual gameplay.

Dear helpers,

I made a couple of unfinished wrcraft3 maps (w3m extensions). In all the cases, opponents of player1 are just non-existant in actual gameplay and the result is a win game without any fight.

The problem is - I don't see the 'town hall' in the starting point of other units in my maps while the same exists for player1. This is where I need everybodys help how to rectify this error. I do not know about the codes or for that matter, any other finer points. So, please help me out.

Regards.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Take a look at the toolbar at the top of the editor:

Scenario > Player Properties

mpksingh

Reaction score
Thanks friends.

Dear helpers,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll certainly look to them and report again. My problem is that the "TOWN HALL" is not seen in starting point of other units while the same is there for player1.

regards.

robinremue

Reaction score
Well couldn't it be the other way around? If he made a melee map it's possible that the starting melee triggers are missing thus no starting units are made.

If that is the problem, just export/import those from a regular melee map.

Then this your problem, starting triggers are missing :)

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Problems that cause this:
-You put the starting point on unbuildable terrain.
-You forgot to set the other players to something other then "None" in player options.
-You messed with melee initiazation triggers.

Be more clear and we can help you better.

mpksingh

Reaction score
Problem still persists.

Dear friends,

My problem still persists. Now I am convinced that my starting triggers are missing. What are these starting triggers and how they are applied? Help on this issue might, hopefully, solve my problem. However, please visit this page to download some maps made by me!! Read the foreword first at the page. Please wait for a while before the page is fully loaded.

http://www.lionskamrupa.com/warcraft3_roc_maps.htm

mpksingh

M

Mythic Fr0st

I can tell you that you can change the amount of players under

Player Properties...

I can also tell you that creating a new map, going to the trigger editor, copying and pasting the trigger called Map Initilization into the one you want, should fix your problem

Note, if you do not have enough players set in Player Properties, you can not have more than the specified amount (Default is 1, which is player red)

I would tell you were they are, but I do not World Editor on my computer,

I hope that helps some how

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
does this happen on all of your maps?, or just one? please tell me which one it doesnt work on so i can dl it and fix it :p

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
1. Make sure you enable all players, you do this by going to Scenairo > Player Properties.

2. The triggers required for a melee map are already in one category, Melee Game.

The game will automaticly tell you if the map isn't melee(this is done when triggers are modified).

mpksingh

Reaction score
Hearty gratitude and thanks to all.

Dear friends,

At last, all your suggestions, links to useful tutorials have done wonders as I have been able to solve the problem. After knowing it, I curse myself how I continued to overlook the "player properties" and the changes that can be done there.

My hearty thanks and gratitude to you all who really wanted to see me solve my problem. Nice co-operation, nice suggestions. Long live this forum.

mpksingh

NOTE:please visit the following page to see and download some of my maps. Your valuable suggestions, reviews on my maps are most welcome.

http://www.lionskamrupa.com/warcraft3_roc_maps.htm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.