Point Zero - A Revolution of the Castle Fight Wars

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Point Zero - The Battle Field

~Point Zero~

Introduction
Point Zero is a Castle Fight Map Which has being Modified with a Touch of Modern Weaponry. It will be a battle of Marines armed with guns, Rifles, Machine Guns, Rockets. Combat against Tanks, Helicopters and even Airships!

Featuring
- Different Units Featuring Custom Models.
- A Touch on Modern Technology
- Super Weapons Implemented
- Option for Limiting types of units
- Implemented "GetHost()" Function
- Unique special units for turning the tides of battle (Inspired from NOTD:AM)

-screen shots-
WC3ScrnShot_110707_194049_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110507_014120_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_102807_011240_18.jpg

More
More
More
More
More

-Download Link-
Here
The Helper Site
Mirror Site (Epicwar)
Change Log
Forum Link

IRC
You can also join us on here

Status For Release : Version 1.3 Released

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Sounds like a cool game. PM me if i must help you with anything! cant wait till the DL link and some screenshots! :D

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i like the screenies XD and above all i like your ion cannon, cant wait to start zapping random stuff with that XD

from the looks of the screenies, this map seems heavely imported (blps and mdl/mdx es) how big do you think the map will be in the end?

btw good job on your terrain XD

Somatic

Reaction score
Its roughly 3.8 mb "('.') ~Shrugs
But im offering Download on a Site Forun set up. Plus its before optimised.
when i feel that its ok for release ill prob remove alot of the stuff i do not need or stuff i don really use much and use the ingame models instead. Plus i did some of the icons and model editing....

Let Hope this will come out fine.

Opps, forget to note the terrain is by my friend, whom also created a Castle Fight of his own (althought taking some of my ideas lol) for his, heres the link

You can try it to have a first hand on the terrain. But i did some adjustment on my own.

Somatic

Reaction score
BUMP - Trying to keep this Alive.
Anyone has any ideas which i can use in my map?

Was having a mental block about having special units abilities
Any ideas for this following classes of units? (as close to reality as possible, non hero high damage less than 5k damage special abilites. Plasma or Electrical or Energy abilits are welcome =p)

Classes
-Combat Engineer
-Rifleman
-Machine Gunner
-Motar Soldiers

Thanks for good ideas!

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Here are some ideas if not already in-planted in your map. :D

By the way, this looks like a wonderful map :shades:
- Upgrade troops/aircraft (In which way you would like).
- Sniper (Can't damage heavy vehicles, kills enemy soldiers in one hit).
- Nuclear Silo (Or whatever it's called).
- Weather Disasters/Change of weather

Good Luck, and I hope this helped.

Mr.Tututorial

Somatic

Reaction score
Well Thanks for those input but...
1 - already inside, avabilar for all unit types
2 - already have
3 - its one of my super weapon
4 - Hmm... I have a Weather system.. maybe ill add some weather disasters?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Mr.T dont give suggestions to content untill youve played the map, its obvious you didnt because theres no link for it yet (points at the comming soon)

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Mr.T dont give suggestions to content untill youve played the map, its obvious you didnt because theres no link for it yet (points at the comming soon)

No reason to go off topic, but was the comment needed? He/she asked for suggestions so I just gave some off the top of my head to get Somatics brain going.

On-Topic:

Well, weather disasters would be really cool, seems like a real life effect if that's what your pointing to.

Somatic

Reaction score
Haha, its ok. Just having problem in trying to get some of the custom units ready up. And abit of balancing of the units. Im having complains in a Closed beta that some units are imba when i tried to fend off by saying that they are not using their brain in planning... ~><~

Somatic

Reaction score
~M.E.G.A B.U.M.P~

In response to !Waaks! release, i have placed the alpha beta test of my game's link. It runs on the Lost temple Melee Map terrain. It can be squeezy, but could give you a rough idea of what this map is about. Enjoy and some feedbacks are appreciated.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I've played it and have some suggestions and comments.

Suggestions:
1. Building is too slow, make it a bit faster, it takes too long to build a building.
2. Add some weather &/Or add something interesting, it feels a bit empty on some part.

Comments:
1. Well overall it's a pretty cool map, but I think the custom models for the workshop and other buildings like that aren't good, but the turrets look fine.

Questions:

1. Are you going to add anything interesting?

I rate it a 7/10. That's not bad for a first version though, you could add a lot of cool things to get it to a 10, good luck!

Mr.Tutorial

Somatic

Reaction score
Thanks, This is my "Prologue" Thought, Building Speed wise has being adjusted in the new version.
Weather System has also being added, and given the option to turn on or off during initial setting
Custom Models for the Workshop? I might be changing that soon because there is a problem reported by testers which cannot target it back when its not completed building, I suspect that the model has a problem on that as i base the factory off a Human Workshop.
Glad you like the turrets, i did give thoughts of how to balance it well enough.
For the Adding wise, alot has being made, as you can compare that the version i released is different from the screen shots i shown.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
the map was cool
but sometimes the spawn on the middle wont run...like they are stuck, and sometimes move and then again stops

btw, how can i control a unit to fight for me?

Somatic

Reaction score
Thats under the "Reinforcement Center" Where you can create units which would be under your control, The Research Facility has also some units for you to control.

The Units get stuck problem is the Engine error where they do not auto move units. Thats a problem which i have all the time when people decided to mass units ><.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Thats under the "Reinforcement Center" Where you can create units which would be under your control, The Research Facility has also some units for you to control.

The Units get stuck problem is the Engine error where they do not auto move units. Thats a problem which i have all the time when people decided to mass units ><.
did u use timers for the movements?

timers can make units stop and attack if done too fast

Somatic

Reaction score
Not timers, i merely give them a simple periodic trigger to "Attack Move" them. And from what i know its not possible to force the cpu to give orders to units when there are too much of them. As the cpu will refuse to do pathing calculating....

Somatic

Reaction score
Bump. There are so little DL.... Wonder how do i get people's attention? Does AOS and TD get more people? I belive that using The Castle Defend Theme it should be able to lure people in for a more interesting game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.