Post Your Abilities Here :)

BrokenX

Reaction score
Hey people, ive ran out of ideas for abilities. Would you guys post some, like anything just be crazy, any type of ability even if you don't think it will work. Post your ability ideas here thanks.(I think a thread has been posted like this before but sorry i couldn't find it, :( ).

Put the name of your ability:

And what it does here :

Broken X - - -

Tigore

Reaction score
name- gears of necromancy

ability- summon skeleton 9modified)

idea: summon several slaughterhouses that are of a skale value of like .20 or somthing small like that. i would make it unmoveable like a building but has either a multiple attack with a range of 100 or an ability such as immolate that does dmg around surrounding unites it could also have disease cloud or an ability like that to further damage any unite that passes near the slaughterhouses. you could also make the gears create blite for healing and tacticol perpasses if your unites are undead or can build on it.

discription: summones magicol spinning gears of gore and sharp gnarled bones
must have target corps to summon gears or gear.

any ways im i think you could pull that off im not sure if theres any problems that would make that not work for whatever reason.

i would also like to see some oen make an ability with with summoning corpses that would make the corpses explode or a unite that is created that blows himself up after he is summoned . -exploding corpses are always fun to watch

S

Siefer

Wandering Visitor

I just happened to be passing by and saw this thread.
May not sound very originable, but I don't see it too often. Something like Banish, only it turns other units invincible for a certain amount of time, instead.

If you don't like that ability, how about this one:
Guardian Dragons, summons two flying serpent creatures, like Drakes or scaled down dragons. Each one attacks nearby passing units, however, such as pets in WOW, whenever you start attacking a unit they start to attack it too.

Or:
Missile Launch: Launches a missile in the air, click on it again, it creates a missile unit that immediately explodes, destroying everything in the area.

These should be possible with triggers, although I suspect it will hurt friends too.

I'm not very expirienced with World Editor, and I'm starting to like this forum. It seems very helpful as I explore it more.
Can I register? Should I register?

Tigore

Reaction score
name- raining flesh

ability- starfall clusterrockets rainoffire/blizzard (any of these modified)

idea: i guess i have gore on my mind but how about you make a starfall with the art changed to the undead meatwagon corpse missile. im not sure if you can make it look like the corpses are coming from the sky or if there another animation thats like that but if you can do that that would be awesome.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Call of the Wild

Summons 2 random creeps from the wild. Level of random creeps increases with levels.

Pawn Shot

(Base it off of Storm Bolt and set it's range to max) By stiffening his muscles and focusing only on the target, the caster can hit just about any unit on the map. Damage increases with levels.

You can also make skills that swap mana for health of the caster, of swap health with a target. There's an unlimited amount of swapping ability ideas.

You can also just make abilities that are similar to the old ones, but change art and a few feilds. Like changing feedback to only destroy mana instead of doing bonus damage also.

To Siefer: Yes, you can register. This is a public community, so register as you like. Registering also gives you many different options, and keeps a track of who you are.

This community is very friendly, and we love to see people who can help out, or even if you have questions, you'll get them answered fairly fast. :)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, please do register! we are always after people who may not know a lot about the editor, but can pass good ideas off to others (like you have).

People who don't know the editor also approach ideas from a different perspective, which is something I like too...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
The Chronicles

Spell book "ability" that contains the following abilities:

Mercy and Rest

Tranquility envelops the whole map rapidly healing enemy and foe before putting every single one of them asleep for about 10 seconds. The hero himself is magically transported back to the base, whether it's good or bad for the casting player.

Pain and Sacrifice

Must be cast upon a corpse.

Blood spurts from the corpse to look sort of like Death and Decay. It slowly does damage over time to the units in it's spot and the damage itself increases by 1 per second for each corpse in the surrounding vicinity. For every unit killed inside the spurting blood, the damage done per second increases by 2. Harms both allies and enemies, takes 5 seconds to charge before casting (where moving at this moment cancels the spell), but lasts 60 seconds while allowing the hero to move around. Doesn't hurt enemy heroes, but does hurt yours.

Memory and Time

Works like resurrection only that knight dude doesn't float up...blue waves appear everywhere (I don't know how this could be done :D)

The big change here is it resurrects 9 allied units for 60 seconds with invulnerability while permanently resurrecting up to 3 enemy units in the region.

War and Glory

Mass transports EVERY unit (enemy, ally, and creep) on the map into the vicinity for a long, nasty, and bloody battle. Units spawning after the spell head to their original area. NOTE: Cannot be casted in the main base (no suddenly bringing in an army of uncontrollable creeps inside your opponents base, it'd make the game too cheap).

---------------

Probably too strong already, but it'd be pretty cool to have on an AoS map for when a hero goes into a demigod form.

Siefer

Reaction score
To xxConanxxx: Can you tell me how to do an ability like mana bolt, without the damage? It sounds very possible, and I would like to incorporate it into my map.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Maybe you should send him an via instant message? Insted of posting on my thread :). (OFF TOPIC)

D

Deviant Sin

I had an idea for a spell sort of like Blink that teleports the caster a certain distance when cast but, all units in the line between Point A(Cast) and Point B(Target) take a certain amount of damage.
It's just an idea and I'm no where near experienced enough to figure out how to achieve it. :D If you work on this at all and figure it out, please E-Mail me info.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I have a few more now (some are quite simple and perhaps easy to do...maybe without triggers even):

Sworderang

Sort of like the wave of bats from the Dreadlord...a sword is tossed forward dealing damage to units, that then appears and passes through the enemies (for a little bit more damage than the initial throw) back to the caster.

Sword-chucks

Whirlwind with a twist...you can swing your chained swords around as much as you like but you take damage over time (maybe might be advanced to the point that the damage you take over time slowly increases...like 3 damage per sec to 10 damage per sec in a space of ten to twenty seconds.

Justice Call

Calls a mighty angel to descend upon a foe, dealing brutal damage at the cost of most of the user's energy. Angel would be that Resurrection buff dude who appears and rises up.

Subconscious Domain

Deep thought and mind warping forces you and your opponent to plunge into the Subconscious Domain. Both you and your target remain themselves on the original battlefield, and if they are killed those in the subconscious domain are killed as well.

In the Subconscious Domain, both heroes can do unbelievable things. The caster can call upon floods of beasts to help him out, while the targeted has both the ability to attempt to escape the domain (if successful does a little damage and stuns the caster for three seconds) and the ability to Mind Shock, which based on the enemy of the domain (the target of this ability)'s intelligence and the intelligence of the Domain Creator has a chance of doing a little damage to the domain creator's reality avatar and a stun of 2 seconds to the domain creator's artificial domain entity. You might not understand what I'm talking about, but oh well.

Traescha Alchemy

Spellbook containing many spells of Alchemy:

Sonic Boom

Requires a Speed Enchantment (a 1 charge scroll item that's buyable in your RPG/AoS/whatever) and a Sonic Ring (infinite charged ring that also grants a 20% bonus to movement speed, but that's besides the point).

A blue wave of energy (like Dreadlord's wave of bats...but blue and plain of course...it's also twice as wide) strikes across the ground injuring the ears and brains of the targets, slowing their attack speed and movement speed by a VERY small percentage while temporarily silencing their magic casting ability. Does a slight amount of damage, too.

Fusion

Requires a Hydro Magick (a 1 charge orb of sorts that you can find randomly) and a Mind Control Enhancer (infinite charged item that also grants +10 intelligence).

A big blast of fire ensues at a target area that damages allies and enemies alike. Then, it steadily starts to grow into a mini sun, burning trees and any nearby enemies. Will eventually stop at a point, but will continue to be casted as long as the hero is standing still. Once the casting hero moves or is attacked, the fusion orb suddenly shrinks and then expands in a supernova, heavily damaging every unit in the area except the hero. Finally, it turns into a black hole, sucking in the casting hero first (instant kill) and then slowly stealing the life of nearby ally and enemy units. The black hole has life degeneration and doesn't work any more once out of units to feed it and hp.

Mind Bomb

Requires the Mind Control Enhancer.

At the cost of destroying the Mind Control Enhancer as well as all your energy, the alchemist can create a special distortion in the field. It first starts as a display of blight that steadily grows. Move your hero soon, because if he touches the blight, he's dead. Anyway, the blight soon stops growing and suddenly little shimmering portals appear over it. Out of the shimmering portals come little mind distortions (lightning ball model) that suck mana and hp out of the enemies and deliver it to the central Mind Bomb Mainframe, which pops up like an Undead Ziggurat. Once the Ziggurat has 1000 material (combined mana and hp...mana counts as 2 material and hp as 1), the distortions, the portals, and the blight all disappear. Then, the Mind Bomb explodes, dealing heavy damage to anyone nearby while temporarily lowering the caster's intelligence by 20 (if he isn't killed by the explosion (which hurts all) or by touching the blight).

1stlancer

Just finished this one a few minutes ago:

Suplex

One enemy, short range throw into the air. Stun if you want. Easy as pie, just base it off of Impale with different art. Not only can you tweak air time with each level (makes it look really cool) but you could even have it cause AoE damage on landing.

This is one of my favorites:

Disengage

Straight out of World of Warcraft, just have this ability create a dummy that taunts the enemies. Suddenly if you're running and you're about to die, you can have all the creeps leave you alone. Great if your map also includes a high aquisition/chase range.

1stlancer

Rinpun said:
Mind Bomb

Requires the Mind Control Enhancer.

At the cost of destroying the Mind Control Enhancer as well as all your energy, the alchemist can create a special distortion in the field. It first starts as a display of blight that steadily grows. Move your hero soon, because if he touches the blight, he's dead. Anyway, the blight soon stops growing and suddenly little shimmering portals appear over it. Out of the shimmering portals come little mind distortions (lightning ball model) that suck mana and hp out of the enemies and deliver it to the central Mind Bomb Mainframe, which pops up like an Undead Ziggurat. Once the Ziggurat has 1000 material (combined mana and hp...mana counts as 2 material and hp as 1), the distortions, the portals, and the blight all disappear. Then, the Mind Bomb explodes, dealing heavy damage to anyone nearby while temporarily lowering the caster's intelligence by 20 (if he isn't killed by the explosion (which hurts all) or by touching the blight).

You, good sir, are insane. Brilliant, but insane.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

My own two-cents

I have been working on a couple of abilities of my own...i have a demonstration map if anybody wants to see, still in development. Anyway, I made a "carrier" ability to make it look like a ship could spawn swarming flying machines. The locust swarm is the easy part, but the cool part is the strafing effect. I borrowed some abilities from sked's Battle Ships map, modified the machine gun do to less damage (believe me, its too powerful for this). Gave the new machine gun to the flying machine, locust, kept truesight, and the result is a beautiful carrier ability. Unfortunately, i don't know how to get the AI to use it. If u can tell me, go to my thread.

Moving on, Exhibit B is an amphibious trooper. I had to do a bit of tweaking, but i used a mur'gul reaver, gave it the submerge ability, changed the submerged model to the doodad "bubbles,", and changed move values and gave it an attack. Probably very basic, but if you want a *marine* attack force, thats the way to go.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.