Potential Desync issue

bugbear

Reaction score
I've tested my map about 15 times on B.net now, and twice (or thrice) it has desynced every player on the map (leaves me alone and other players tell me they got booted as well). I don't use the pan as necessary trigger (no cameras at all) and the only custom script i Use is for a skill (which doesn't seem to be this issue) and all that does is delete a location variable.

Is there a post with desync warnings and/or signs to look for in the default plug-and-play functions to see what could be desyncing it? It appears to happen randomly, with no reproducible results, and i see no infinite loop triggers that could be setting it. And, no, I've never used GetLocalPlayer in a custom script.

I also have a good 60+ triggers in my code so i can't post it all.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Some bad values in gameplay constants or in object editor can desync. ( Some creep camp thingies or too many dice per slice with fast attack speed, etc. )

GetLocalPlayer is the most obvious one, but you say you dont use it, so it cant be it.

PanCameraIfNecessarily - GUI action desyncs too, if Im not mistaken. ( but you say you dont use it so.. )

Dont know if leaking too much things can desync, I've just heard something like that.

There is propably more which I dont know. Try to track that trigger, by disabling some triggers and checking if desync still comes.

ronaldo

Reaction score
In my first map the problem with desynch was high attack dmg (high values+ high dice per slice)
In my new map the problem was when host clicked on tavern in first 10 seconds the game splited , i fixed it by making tavern available after 10 seconds.

bugbear

Reaction score
Well, after spending a good whole month on my map I read on these boards that you should make a temp variable for every trigger then delete it with the custom script. If i have a whole lot of triggers that don't delete the variables manually, can that be a problem? Examples of some would be:
Trigger:
  • Player 1 Ally Bounty 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 5 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
      • Player - Add 5 to Player 2 (Blue) Current gold
      • Player - Add 5 to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
      • Player - Add 5 to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold

and
Trigger:
  • Lumber Per Kill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
      • ((Triggering player) is an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber

do triggers like that leak?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> do triggers like that leak?

No leaks there.
Tried a memory leak tutorial yet? We have a couple around here.

Generally though, leaks don't desync.
Unless hugely huge masses of them happen to happen :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.