Press any key to continue

Manee

Reaction score
how do u get rid of the "Press any ket to continue" during the loading screen?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
i believe its the loading screen you choose. Like if its a campaign one it will have press any key to continue. But I'm not 100% sure.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
I think if you have over 150 characters in the loading screen text, it gets rid of it

(Not 100% sure, but I get the feeling someone has told me that)

I'm pretty sure you have it wrong. I think that if you have more then X number of characters, it adds the "Press any key to continue" to give people time to read the text. Getting rid of it if theres more text seems weird, as then some people might not be able to read it if the map loads quickly.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
No its got nothing to do with the characters. Its the type of loading screen as Dargoth said.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
As far as I know, Custom loading screen makes you Click to continue. You can just reskin a normal loading screen to get a custom one where you don't have to click to continue.

"Custom" includes campaign loading screens and such, not just imported ones.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try remove everything in the trigger "map intialization"

Nope.

No its got nothing to do with the characters. Its the type of loading screen as Dargoth said.

It has.

i believe its the loading screen you choose. Like if its a campaign one it will have press any key to continue. But I'm not 100% sure.

Not only.

I think if you have over 150 characters in the loading screen text, it gets rid of it

(Not 100% sure, but I get the feeling someone has told me that)

Yeah. I don't know exactly how many characters, but it is because of this. (I think Campaign loading screens require you to press any key as well.)
If you want to have text, but no "press any key", just take a screenshot of the text, and import it as a custom loading screen :p

Daskunk

Reaction score
Have you acually tested that, Romek? I've put in a range between 0 and max and it did not effect it at all.

I tested it with campaign loading screen, single player.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
DOTA loading screen has no text (I mean the text is from the image itself)...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you acually tested that, Romek? I've put in a range between 0 and max and it did not effect it at all.

I tested it with campaign loading screen, single player.

Yeah, I tested it. I'm actually confused now. Because I remember testing it a while-back, and finding out that if I had no text, it didn't display that.

Maybe if its single player, it displays it no matter what, and if its multiplayer, it checks the amount of characters? (That would be logical...)
That also explains why no matter how we test it, it always appears :p

DOTA loading screen has no text (I mean the text is from the image itself)...
Thats nice. Thanks for telling us. We really care. :)

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
I know when i play single player, it always requires pressing a key before game starts... even Dota. So unless you have someone to try it with you, not going to have a chance to test it.

If all else fails, try forcing the UI key for the player :D
(I might be dreaming, so don't take me too seriously)

Map Init
Wait 5 seconds
Force player to press A

Never tried, doesn't know if it will crash the game :D

Daskunk

Reaction score
Yeah, I tested it. I'm actually confused now. Because I remember testing it a while-back, and finding out that if I had no text, it didn't display that.

Maybe if its single player, it displays it no matter what, and if its multiplayer, it checks the amount of characters? (That would be logical...)
That also explains why no matter how we test it, it always appears :p
Ah, Thought it might make a differnce between single\muti-player. Still, its false when people say it allways does it on single player - you can reskin a not-custom one and include text as the picture if you wan't it to not appear but have a custom loadingscreen.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can you go fuck yourself?
im only asking why is it so?

Calm down... Seriously.
You didn't ask why it is so. You simply posted a statement. :p

Gave you +Rep by accident.. LOL!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.