Problems loading the world editor

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason when i try to load the editor, it gets part way, but then stops and i see lots of, (i don't know how to describe it) fuzz on the screen (i've tried taking screen shots but they show the map how it's supposed to be, not how it is currently).

Also, the menu in the actual game flickers alot (It got better after i upped the resolution to max but is still weird). Has anyone else had this problem? The only thing i can think of is that the computer i'm using is using 2 graphics cards in SLI, while the other computer I use doesn't and it works fine on that one.

I've never had a problem like this before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A) Were you opening a protected maps? I tried opening one of them and the jerk of a mapmaker actually put a virus into the game, corrupting my Wc3 and WE. [I WANTED TO SO #@^$#!!! KILL HIM!]
B) Try reinstalling Warcraft 3, easiest way, but also probably the longest. You won't lose any maps though, for sure.
C) Vacuum your Computer's guts. Tried doing this once and it worked... :nuts:

master maste

Reaction score
reinstalling is actually really quick, takes me about 15mins to get ROC and TFT on my old slow laptop :)

Syndrome

Reaction score
my laptop is a dud, like a REAL dud.
My RPG is still loading... since... 45 secs ago...

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Those protected maps sound vicious. I must confess that I wouldn't want ANYONE altering my maps which i put months of effort into, but I agree, viruses are just evil...

Anyway, I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. However, that doesn't matter as my dad mentioned trying to run only on card when playing this game (later games seem to work fine) and it works fine now. So i guess to answer to people using multiple cards for warcraft 3 is only use one or it will go all horrible-like.

Syndrome

Reaction score
OMG REALLY?!
[takes out screwdriver and smashes out his 2nd video card]
:p
EDIT: WTH?! IT ACTUALLY MAKES MY COMPUTER FASTER?!#%$&^**

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Try updating your graphics card drivers, and direct x.

I don't see how it's possible to embed a virus in a map, can you link me it?

Syndrome

Reaction score
i deleted the map asap lol, its called
Ultimate Ogre Poker or something like that, where you poke an ogre, he gets angry tries to smash you in... pretty addicting

Somatic

Reaction score
Well, my friend have no problem running it on 2 GPU. Maybe its the setting which needed to be altered?

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
i deleted the map asap lol, its called
Ultimate Ogre Poker or something like that, where you poke an ogre, he gets angry tries to smash you in... pretty addicting

Poke the Angry Ogre?

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't know about settings, they were on max and I've only had this problem when trying to run 2 cards at the same time. It did get a bit better when I upped my settings, but the editor still wouldn't load the full way. I'm using the 2nd or 3rd (can't remember which) Windows XP service pack if that makes a difference. But like I said, it doesn't matter anymore now that i'm only using 1 card at a time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.